Air Suspension - Frequent air release noise

jrmca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
During daily driving, my GTS ST makes a short "kkshhh" noise ever now and then that sound like the release of an air brake or a pressure release valve. I assume has something to do with air suspension and that I am hearing it in the car bc it is otherwise so quiet. Still would like to sanity check. Anybody else hearing/experiencing this?
Sponsored

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Most Porsches with air suspension, include self leveling so you may simply be hearing that.

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
Porsche version of Tesla's fart mode? My kids will be happy 😃

@lpher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
My old Audi did this almost on ever start-up, as well as every now and then seemingly without cause (self leveling sounds plausible though) but i havent heard this sound at all from my Taycan.

xirtam2381

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I hear that hissing sound if I'm still in my garage a minute or so after turning off and locking the car.

WJK

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT, 992 GT3 Touring, Ducati SF V4S
Country flag
I get this sound all the time from my 2021 CT Turbo while driving... I've noticed that it typically happens moments after the car has "switched" from to/from different ride height such as after going from ""Normal" to "Sport Plus" and/or using the lift etc. I asked my dealer about this noise and I even tried to record the sound while driving 🙂. The dealer said it was normal behavior in the CT vs the regular Taycan. I've driven the regular Taycan 4S on several occasions and never heard anything similar so I guess this is a CT / ST issue but I can't confirm it.

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4S, ‘21 Defender 110
Country flag
I hear it too on my CT. Sounds like a big exhale, from rear passenger side. Happens a lot tho, while driving down the road in places where it shouldn’t nec be going up and down. Weird

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
That is how the air suspension works on Porsche. Not specific to the Taycan….same for Panamera. Not only does it make sounds when you change heights but it also seeks to continuously level the car at all 4 wheels so it will also do so on uneven surfaces and when loads are added.
Sponsored