B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
@Z06socool : no need to use keys four double click/lock. You can swipe to the door with your finger, twice.
Sponsored

neilj007

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Macan, Renault Zoe
Country flag
I had my car in with the dealers this last week...alarm going off, triggering the tracker. Sensor replaced

First trip out in it, park up, alarm goes off...tracker triggered
Then, when back home, using the app, alarm goes off....

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I had my car in with the dealers this last week...alarm going off, triggering the tracker. Sensor replaced

First trip out in it, park up, alarm goes off...tracker triggered
Then, when back home, using the app, alarm goes off....
Sensor replaced with new updated part number or old known defective part number?

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you have any issues requesting the new sensors?
I didn’t request a new sensor, I was asking a question ?

• Haha
Reactions: AV7

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
My car has this issue. I also disabled the interior alarm but no luck. Porsche told me this alarm issue is something many tycan cross have and they are working on it. On my car the alarm goes off repeatedly every time it’s locked…
I had this happen when I was hundreds of miles from home. Constant messages from Porsche Connect about the interior alarm. I unlocked the car with Porsche Connect, but the car automatically locks itself after a period of time. The interior alarm was activating every 20 minutes. I’m sure my neighbors loved it. Porsche and Porsche Connect were no help (do they read these bulletin boards?). I finally had a friend go to my house, leave a door open to prevent it from locking and plug in the charger so it won’t deplete the charge. . The car is in a locked garage so I’m not worried about security.

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
I ran the calibration against all four windows (even though they showed no drop like the back left window) and since then I have had no false alarm. Maybe it’s a coincidence.
3 false alarms today so thought I'd give this a shot. Just recalibrated all 4 windows and as soon as I open My Porsche (either via app or web browser) the alarm still goes off.

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Managed to reliably trigger 6 false alarms today, before stopping as I really need to catch up with work. Last I checked I am not on the payroll for Porsche's software maintenance department.

Porsche Taycan Alarm keeps going off ss (2022-01-29 at 05.18.58)

So far I've concluded that the 2 preconditions for my car to false alarm are:
  • Be accessing My Porsche in some way (app in use or open in background, or interacting with the web app at my.porsche.com)
  • Car locked with interior surveillance activated
If I log out of My Porsche, the car stays happily locked with interior surveillance on, no false alarms.
If I disable interior surveillance, I can poke around My Porsche all I want, no false alarms.

That said, I need My Porsche to precool the car - it's one of the big reasons I run an EV as the family car. And remembering to wait for the interior surveillance prompt, double pressing the lock button, or double tapping the door handle sensor is getting really, really tiring.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Managed to reliably trigger 6 false alarms today, before stopping as I really need to catch up with work. Last I checked I am not on the payroll for Porsche's software maintenance department.

ss (2022-01-29 at 05.18.58).png

So far I've concluded that the 2 preconditions for my car to false alarm are:
  • Be accessing My Porsche in some way (app in use or open in background, or interacting with the web app at my.porsche.com)
  • Car locked with interior surveillance activated
If I log out of My Porsche, the car stays happily locked with interior surveillance on, no false alarms.
If I disable interior surveillance, I can poke around My Porsche all I want, no false alarms.

That said, I need My Porsche to precool the car - it's one of the big reasons I run an EV as the family car. And remembering to wait for the interior surveillance prompt, double pressing the lock button, or double tapping the door handle sensor is getting really, really tiring.
But if the car doesn’t have a false alarm when you’re not using the app, that means the sensor is not the issue.

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
But if the car doesn’t have a false alarm when you’re not using the app, that means the sensor is not the issue.
It is a logical AND in my case. If the interior sensor is armed, the false alarm appears to correlate with app usage. Conversely, if the app is being used, the false alarm appears to correlate with the interior sensor.

In any case (other cars may have different issues) I was just informed by my dealer today that Porsche Germany have formally advised Porsche Australia of the issue, and that the formal fix is a replacement sensor. Booked in for the fix in 3 weeks.

neilj007

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Macan, Renault Zoe
Country flag
I've had the same issues - replaced sensor a few weeks ago...but it's not solved the problem. It does still seem to be a combo of the app and the interior alarm...so I now don't use the app and turn off the interior sensor. Car is back with the dealer next week

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
It is a logical AND in my case. If the interior sensor is armed, the false alarm appears to correlate with app usage. Conversely, if the app is being used, the false alarm appears to correlate with the interior sensor.

In any case (other cars may have different issues) I was just informed by my dealer today that Porsche Germany have formally advised Porsche Australia of the issue, and that the formal fix is a replacement sensor. Booked in for the fix in 3 weeks.
Do you know where the interior sensor is located? Will you remove your fitcamx prior to sensor replacement? I’m dreading this because I found it so hard to install in the first place.

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
I've had the same issues - replaced sensor a few weeks ago...but it's not solved the problem.
That’s not ideal! Did they replace it with the new sensor as per the campaign, or just another of the same old one?

Do you know where the interior sensor is located? Will you remove your fitcamx prior to sensor replacement? I’m dreading this because I found it so hard to install in the first place.
I’ll leave the fitcamx there. Will let you know if they kick up a stink about it!

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I understand your thought process but I don’t agree with it. The app could check in with many of the sensors and each sensor would need to handle that communication properly. It could definitely be the sensor and since Porsche has a new part number for this sensor I believe they have resolved the issue. Time will tell.

Ruthi

First Name
Ruthi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan. S x 2
Country flag
I understand your thought process but I don’t agree with it. The app could check in with many of the sensors and each sensor would need to handle that communication properly. It could definitely be the sensor and since Porsche has a new part number for this sensor I believe they have resolved the issue. Time will tell.
My alarm keep s going off and its a problem they know about and waiting for the fix. The double locking doesnt work either. Its driving me insane now so I wait for the fix patiently. I think 4 weeks is long enough. So yesterday it starting up again and we noticed that the Climate control activated everytime we got the message on the phone it said CLimate started. I then turned off the Climate Control on the app and in the car. This morning off goes the alarm again - I checked both the app and the car and it says off. There has to be a bug in the software that is activating the alarm and the Climate and more than likely other things that are not visible. Short of leaving the car unlocked there is nothing much more we can do until its fixed. The Climate has a new logo on the dash now that it didnt have before. They should stop reprogramming the calendar and other things that they keep pushing through and find a fix to this alarm problem. How many times can you update a calendar ?
Sponsored