ALK / Lane Change Assist FOD Trial?

MrRothIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Incoming: Taycan
Country flag
Had an interesting situation pop up and not sure what is happening.

Have been driving the car for about 2 months and for the first time just the other day was on the hgwy and felt the little steering jolt as I hugged the lane
to avoid something.

I then noticed the lane display on the dash and realized it was some kind of lane keep function. Was this a spec’d option in the 21 rwd? Is it ALK? I kinda remember reading about it but def didnt have it in my final build unless it was part of something else?

I did spec Active Surround View and Active Park Support but dont remember this lane system being part of either?

Any clues?
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Active Lane Keeping is part of Innodrive if you spec'd that from the factory.

OP
OP

MrRothIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Active Lane Keeping is part of Innodrive if you spec'd that from the factory.
Nope - Surround view and Parking package were the only driver assistance items I paid for.

Anyone know how much ALK was as an add on in 21?

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
What you describe sounds like LKA - lane keep assist. Bascially it will stop your car form drifting across lanes but it will not smoothly keep the car in the middle of the lane which is what ALK does.

I believe ALK is only available as FOD if you have ACC specc'ed but I could be wrong. Innodrive certainly requires ACC.

Last edited:

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
What you describe sounds like LCA - lane keep assist. Bascially it will stop your car form drifting across lanes but it will not smoothly keep the car in the middle of the lane which is what ALK does.

I believe ALK is only available as FOD if you have ACC specc'ed but I would be wrong. Innodrive certainly requires ACC.
I agree, this sounds more like LKA. And you are also correct about ALK only being available as FOD if you have ACC.

OP
OP

MrRothIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes makes sense it def requires my input.

Was LKA standard? Or part of the packages I mentioned above? Just confused how it showed up outta
nowhere.

Maybe I pressed something by accident while cleaning?

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Yes makes sense it def requires my input.

Was LKA standard? Or part of the packages I mentioned above? Just confused how it showed up outta
nowhere.

Maybe I pressed something by accident while cleaning?
I also, after two months, noticed this today. Would be curious how I got it as I did not pay for it and never saw it before on my Dash. When I took my hands off the wheel I got a warning to put my hands on the Steering Wheel. I’m also curious Is LKA standard?

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Lane keep assist is part of ACC. You can turn it off in the ACC menu. I did. It’s far too intrusive.

OP
OP

MrRothIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I also, after two months, noticed this today. Would be curious how I got it as I did not pay for it and never saw it before on my Dash. When I took my hands off the wheel I got a warning to put my hands on the Steering Wheel. I’m also curious Is LKA standard?
Ok so I’m not going crazy at least

Lane keep assist is part of ACC. You can turn it off in the ACC menu. I did. It’s far too intrusive.
I def didn't spec ACC or make any FOD purchases.

OP
OP

MrRothIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
LCA (Lane Change Assist) is included in the Premium Package which I think most people select.
Not sure about the poster above but I dont have Premium in my config either. I got most of the the options from it but customized.

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not sure about the poster above but I dont have Premium in my config either. I got most of the the options from it but customized.
I wonder if it’s included with ACC as someone suggested. Different countries seem to have different bundles.
Sponsored