All Aboard The Siem Confucius | Oct ‘21, Voyage 019A

gps217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
From TYD and MarineTraffic, looks like my CT4 will be boarding the Siem Confucius tomorrow. Who else is sailing with me?

?

My vehicle wasn't supposed to board anything until 11/12 but was just assigned to the Siem Confucius. Looks like the ship boards from 10/28-11/2 and is scheduled to hit Jax on 11/20. Could end up with my Taycan by Thanksgiving!

OP
OP
satchurator

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Disappointed to see my TYD On Vessel milestone slip over the last two days, from 10/29 to 11/5 then 11/12, although remaining assigned to the Siem Confuscius.

I also noticed, strangely, that my ‘Arrival Emden Port’ milestone date changed from 10/14 to 10/28.

@gps217 what are you seeing in TYD as of now? … and do you have another source of voyage dates for the Siem Confucius?

Last edited:

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Same here, 11/26 delivery date in Fort Myers. It was recently changed from 12/3.

OP
OP
satchurator

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Same here, 11/26 delivery date in Fort Myers. It was recently changed from 12/3.
@02bluesuperroo That is strange - my TYD has the Entry Port milestone at 12/3, Davisville RI, typically the second stop on the US east coast. Does your On Vessel milestone indicate the Siem Confuscius?

I am Siem Confused.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
@02bluesuperroo That is strange - my TYD has the Entry Port milestone at 12/3, Davisville RI, typically the second stop on the US east coast. Does your On Vessel milestone indicate the Siem Confuscius?

I am Siem Confused.
Yes, it was allocated to the Siem Confucius on my On Vessel milestone. It’s being unloaded in Jacksonville.

gps217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Disappointed to see my TYD On Vessel milestone slip over the last two days, from 10/29 to 11/5 then 11/12, although remaining assigned to the Siem Confuscius.

I also noticed, strangely, that my ‘Arrival Emden Port’ milestone date changed from 10/14 to 10/28.

@gps217 what are you seeing in TYD as of now? … and do you have another source of voyage dates for the Siem Confucius?
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/attachments/volkswagen_export_schedule-pdf.23210/

Oddly I woke up this morning and my dates all shifted on TYD. Previously it had shown that my car arrived at Emden on the 22nd, and now it is showing that my car arrived on the 29th and that my delivery date was moved back to Dec. 10th.

chenner

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think it's a TYD issue unless they suddenly changed the shipping schedule for SIEM CONFUCIOUS which seems like a stretch.

I called my dealer yesterday and he saw the same information that TYD was showing yesterday (changed overnight). That the boat was due in Jacksonville on 11/19.

You guys might want to field a call to your dealer rep as the car should be in their system with probably more accurate timelines than what TYD is showing.

Please post up if you do.

gps217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I think it's a TYD issue unless they suddenly changed the shipping schedule for SIEM CONFUCIOUS which seems like a stretch.

I called my dealer yesterday and he saw the same information that TYD was showing yesterday (changed overnight). That the boat was due in Jacksonville on 11/19.

You guys might want to field a call to your dealer rep as the car should be in their system with probably more accurate timelines than what TYD is showing.

Please post up if you do.
I agree with your assessment. Should be easy tell if TYD is wrong or accurate by tracking the ship in a few days to see if it has left port. I have looked at previous trips by this vessel and it does not seem rational for it to sit in one port for more than a few days.

I contacted my SA Thursday to alert him to new “optimistic” dates and his schedule still matched the schedule I received from Porsche about a month ago (ship arriving in Jax 12/3).

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
From TYD and MarineTraffic, looks like my CT4 will be boarding the Siem Confucius tomorrow. Who else is sailing with me?
At 544pm Eastern Daylight time on Tuesday Nov. 2, Siem Confucius has left the dock with 2 tugboats. The Siem Cicero, which I am hoping will be transporting my Taycan, is 61 nm outside Emden.

ericj320

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Taycan 4S
Country flag
We might be on it. Like many of you TYD is giving me hope we are on it. It shows Arrival at Emden port completed yesterday, 11/1. It hasn’t completed the next milestone, but when I select On Vessel it shows the Siem Confucius. Fingers crossed, hopefully it updates tonight at 11PM like it normally does so we know for sure.

ericj320

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Taycan 4S
Country flag
TYD just confirmed I am on the boat! Whoop whoop!
Me too mate! Funny thing though, TYD shows entering port on 9/20??? To dealer and final delivery still show 12/17 and 12/24 respectively.

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
If my car arrives at Emden on or before Friday (Nov 5th) , will I really need to wait 3 weeks for it to board a ship and then 2 more weeks for the ship to start its voyage. I am asking cause that is what TYD shows. 3 weeks to board a ship and then 2 more weeks for the ship voyage to start seems oddly long.

The Siem Confucius left today, will the next ship heading to the east coast really leave in 5 weeks???
Sponsored