All cameras malfunctioning. No error messages.

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Started up the car today and had no camera functionality. The PCM and IC report no errors.

I've tried the two-finger reboot into engineering mode and then rebooting the pcm from there -- no dice. I also let the car chill for an hour after coming home and booted it up again to the same problem.

Anyone else had this problem and know a fix? I'll be calling Porsche tomorrow morning and hopefully they can take a look fast. The warning sensors go on automagically at random intervals so it's infuriating to drive since the music gets cut out...
Sponsored

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
Started up the car today and had no camera functionality. The PCM and IC report no errors.

I've tried the two-finger reboot into engineering mode and then rebooting the pcm from there -- no dice. I also let the car chill for an hour after coming home and booted it up again to the same problem.

Anyone else had this problem and know a fix? I'll be calling Porsche tomorrow morning and hopefully they can take a look fast. The warning sensors go on automagically at random intervals so it's infuriating to drive since the music gets cut out...
@Oink reviewing the manual discusses damage, snow, ice, debris etc... covering the cameras. I imagine you checked this.
Additionally the manual also discusses activating and deactivating park assist.
Have you checked your settings on the center display, car icon-setting-park assist to see if anything changed?
Hope you can figure it out without having to visit your Porsche center.

OP
OP
Oink

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
@Oink reviewing the manual discusses damage, snow, ice, debris etc... covering the cameras. I imagine you checked this.
Additionally the manual also discusses activating and deactivating park assist.
Have you checked your settings on the center display, car icon-setting-park assist to see if anything changed?
Hope you can figure it out without having to visit your Porsche center.
The car is parked at a garage at all times so it's not weather related.

I've checked and done everything the manual has to offer.

Porsche Taycan All cameras malfunctioning. No error messages. 62470CE8-F046-48A4-8BA5-2E482C25BCB7

• Wow
Reactions: B61

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
The car is parked at a garage at all times so it's not weather related.

I've checked and done everything the manual has to offer.

62470CE8-F046-48A4-8BA5-2E482C25BCB7.jpeg
Crazy image with all cameras out of service.
Hopefully someone else has seen this and can offer a cure.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Looks like an issue with the computer module that controls the cameras, not the cameras themselves. Take a lot of photos and videos to show to your dealer in case they are unable to reproduce.

As for the warning sensors going off while driving, it happens to me once in a while. I have noticed that it happens when other cars of certain brands (Ford, and other American brands) are nearby. I had the same issue with my Macan but less frequently. Porsche sensors seem to use same frequency with Fords so it picks up signals send by the other cars and thinks it is its own sensors.

OP
OP
Oink

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Looks like an issue with the computer module that controls the cameras, not the cameras themselves. Take a lot of photos and videos to show to your dealer in case they are unable to reproduce.

As for the warning sensors going off while driving, it happens to me once in a while. I have noticed that it happens when other cars of certain brands (Ford, and other American brands) are nearby. I had the same issue with my Macan but less frequently. Porsche sensors seem to use same frequency with Fords so it picks up signals send by the other cars and thinks it is its own sensors.
Warning sensors here have never gone off randomly until now. In my case right now it doesn't have anything to do with cars going past. They're simply malfunctioning and going haywire. Disabled the audio lowering for now.

If it is the controller then I'll probably have to wait for them to order and receive one. Will be "demanding" a loaner if that is the case.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oink

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Thought I'd pop in with an update.

Called our local service center and got an appointment in two weeks. They told me if I was too worried about continued driving that I could call up Porsche Assistance and they'd pick it up, and if I needed a loaner I needed to tell them beforehand.

Earlier today the sensors were not working, and 6 hours ago the front camera worked. Just went for another drive and at startup none of the cameras worked. Drove to a gas station to get some grub and suddenly they all worked. It was now -12.5c outside so I'm definitely ruling out temperature for now. Odd. Arriving home and they still worked.

Will still keep my appointment as I need the spoiler adjusted as well as for them to check all panels as there's some annoying creaks in bass-heavy songs from volume level 26+ (Bose).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thought I'd pop in with an update.

Called our local service center and got an appointment in two weeks. They told me if I was too worried about continued driving that I could call up Porsche Assistance and they'd pick it up, and if I needed a loaner I needed to tell them beforehand.

Earlier today the sensors were not working, and 6 hours ago the front camera worked. Just went for another drive and at startup none of the cameras worked. Drove to a gas station to get some grub and suddenly they all worked. It was now -12.5c outside so I'm definitely ruling out temperature for now. Odd. Arriving home and they still worked.

Will still keep my appointment as I need the spoiler adjusted as well as for them to check all panels as there's some annoying creaks in bass-heavy songs from volume level 26+ (Bose).
Re spoiler adjustment - is that the issue most of us on this forum experienced in cold weather for which there is no adjustment?

If so the issue is to do with the outside temperature (sounds random I know) when at a certain lower point the spoiler won't sit flush. I'd been to the dealer several times over the winter with this and in the end they said - it is a problem with the materials used but in warmer weather it will resolve and sit flush. I thought BS!!

I was wrong - it is perfect now - not sure what happens come December.
Sponsored