All Season Tires now only option for Mission wheels on 4S

Dolomite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS Taycan 4S
Country flag
Waiting on a Taycan 4S. Was informed by my dealer that the Misson wheels no longer allow a “summer tire” selection.

All seasons only option. Have others experienced this?
Sponsored

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
Waiting on a Taycan 4S. Was informed by my dealer that the Misson wheels no longer allow a “summer tire” selection.

All seasons only option. Have others experienced this?
Yes- I had the same issue- no explanation provided by the dealer or porsche... gonna switch when my tires need to be replaced.

OP
OP
Dolomite

Dolomite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS Taycan 4S
Country flag
Perhaps supply chain?
The explanation I was provided is the following.

Based all the weight in the car being so low and the heavy nature of the car dealerships were getting in a large number of complaints about the summer tires in low temperatures.

I’m sure we have all experienced low profile hard compound summer tires binding and making some pretty nasty noises when you introduce steering angle at low speeds this is nothing new.

I was told this was greatly exaggerated in the Taycan at temps that weren’ *that* cold and moving to a softer compound in the all seasons help reduce the binding and the number of complaints fielded from owners

In theory it makes sense. I can attest to the fact that anything under 10° up here in Canada in our Panamera with summers on and N rated summer tires the car sounds like it’s going to break when you turn the wheel and shunts in parking lots badly.

Who knows but that’s from a district guy with Porsche NA.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
For my Turbo, there never was an option to get summer tires with the Mission E wheels, only the Turbo S came with summers :(

I have no use for crappy no-season tires, I'll drive something else if I'm going into the mountains.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Sounds feasible. I opted for 20‘s and summer tires. I purchased an extra set of wheels for fairly cheap (pull offs) and put winter tires on them.

I suspect most people who buy a Porsche are familiar with summer vs all season vs winter tires. The same can’t be said for all Tesla owners, and its scary how many people buy the performance model which comes standard with summer tires and they use them in the winter. It’s dangerous. Maybe Porsche is playing it safe?

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
The explanation I was provided is the following.

Based all the weight in the car being so low and the heavy nature of the car dealerships were getting in a large number of complaints about the summer tires in low temperatures.

I’m sure we have all experienced low profile hard compound summer tires binding and making some pretty nasty noises when you introduce steering angle at low speeds this is nothing new.

I was told this was greatly exaggerated in the Taycan at temps that weren’ *that* cold and moving to a softer compound in the all seasons help reduce the binding and the number of complaints fielded from owners

In theory it makes sense. I can attest to the fact that anything under 10° up here in Canada in our Panamera with summers on and N rated summer tires the car sounds like it’s going to break when you turn the wheel and shunts in parking lots badly.

Who knows but that’s from a district guy with Porsche NA.
Well - I think it should be up to the buyer to make the choice on the tire. I won't experience temperatures like this unless I am up in my place in Tahoe during the winter- and I have a 4x4 F150 for that. I also have a nice little sticker on the drivers side of my dash that is not easily removable telling me not to exceed 130 MPH because of the tires.. which in the US is something you probably won't do (frequently ?) might be an issue in Germany....

frensham

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 4e Hybrid
Country flag
Can anyone tell me what brand/model/type tyres I specifically need to change on my mission e 21” wheels to make them all season?

I currently have
P Zero 305/30 ZR21 104Y and
P Zero 265/35 ZR21 101Y
I assume these are summer tyres.

I know my last panamera 21” turbo wheels had tyres tyres that shunted horribly when turningout of my driveway.

tx
Sponsored