annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
By app you mean the official tracking/order sheet your SA has access to?

Mine was pushed from an April 8th to a May 5th delivery. Nothing points to October... In which case I would most certainly cancel.
Your car hasn't been produced though, right? It seems we have 3 cohorts now, with production being delayed purportedly another month or so, people with cars holding at a port for some untold amount of time, and then the ones floating at sea or pulling into the harbor waiting for the shoe to drop. I'm in the 3rd group. We're all suffering the same uncertainty and at this point I don't even know who has (or has had) it the worst :(.

Sucks, I know.
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Just spoken to my SA. There is no off

I hope this is accurate as a 1 month delay is acceptable. For me a 3 months or more delay will be the reason to cancel. I don't see the point in having a MY23 car delivered in June/July when I can reorder a MY24 for delivery in Sept. I have a contract that says I can have my deposit back if the car is late so I've had this discussion today with my SA.
I ended up getting a MY22 delivered in December but few changes for 23 and a slightly lower price - in fact if I had got the MY23 I wouldn’t have got grey painted 21” Cross Turismo wheels - which are the best looking wheels available for a Taycan to my eye and the grey paint was discontinued for 2023.

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
Me neither which is why I would demand more discount to stay with this dealer otherwise I would choose another dealer. What I don't want is a car which has been standing in a field for 6 months and has damanged tyres, paintwork and potential other damage.

I understand your frustration, it is a horrible situation that is not being handled very well by Porsche for sure.

Despite this, I have a hard time believing that the car is in a grass field with foliage growing around it. More likely in a paved parking lot, with all the production plastic protection coverings. Even that is unacceptable regardless.

If truly in a grass field and nature taking over, that is very very sad.

I wish you the best for an expedient delivery. I am going through the possibility of an extended wait myself.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
My car, on hold since Feb 18th, has now left Houston and is on the way to my dealer.
This is great news. Is this with a new heater.

malogos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Subaru Forester
Country flag
I'm not sure if it's with a new heater or not, tbh. Just that they finally put it on the truck, as shown on TMD and confirmed by dealer.

It was there for a month... so maybe?

restob41

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
By app you mean the official tracking/order sheet your SA has access to?

Mine was pushed from an April 8th to a May 5th delivery. Nothing points to October... In which case I would most certainly cancel.
Both. The SA tracking system and my mobile app in the phone. All dates match on both.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm not sure if it's with a new heater or not, tbh. Just that they finally put it on the truck, as shown on TMD and confirmed by dealer.

It was there for a month... so maybe?
There might still be a stop sale on it though. But some movement is good. I'd certainly prefer my car to be at the dealers in a heated garage than in a field with weeds growing around it.

OhRichman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, 718 Boxster
Country flag
Can someone clarify this heater situation for me? Is the heater defective and Porsche is holding all new vehicles for the "fixed" replacement heater? Do existing cars have defective heaters or was this just a bad part that was received by Porsche on new production?

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can someone clarify this heater situation for me? Is the heater defective and Porsche is holding all new vehicles for the "fixed" replacement heater? Do existing cars have defective heaters or was this just a bad part that was received by Porsche on new production?
Porsche have gone all radio silence on this so we can only speculate. It appears cars scheduled for production are delayed 1 month and all cars produced since the beginning of February are held for new heaters. The odd new Taycan is being delivered so we can only suppose these cars were made before the factory took this decision to hold all cars. It's a mess.

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
In reaction to the excellent post above from @annieland, I'm in the first bucket.

My new GTS started production on February 20 and was orginally due to complete on February 27. This slipped to March 21. After contacting my dealer they confirmed my car was being held due to delays in the heater part and that all of their Taycan's in production were being affected in the same way.

In the face of the significant uncertainty the heating part fiasco has created, whatever bucket you may be in, I just wanted to provide a little certainty.

The heater part will be fitted to my car by March 21. It will prove there are new heater parts available and the thought of a six month wait is folly. It will be a delay of just a few weeks. Porsche have figured out how to solve the crisis affecting buyers and owners around the world. Life will rerturn to normal and we'll all be good.

You may ask why the confidence and belief? Well I think it's obvious. The Track Your Dream portal/app has NEVER been wrong with a date. Porsche would NEVER just add a dummy date as a placeholder to create false hope. NEVER. :lipssealed:

Porsche Taycan All Taycan deliveries being held at port due to needing new heaters TaycanMarchDates

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In reaction to the excellent post above from @annieland, I'm in the first bucket.

My new GTS started production on February 20 and was orginally due to complete on February 27. This slipped to March 21. After contacting my dealer they confirmed my car was being held due to delays in the heater part and that all of their Taycan's in production were being affected in the same way.

In the face of the significant uncertainty the heating part fiasco has created, whatever bucket you may be in, I just wanted to provide a little certainty.

The heater part will be fitted to my car by March 21. It will prove there are new heater parts available and the thought of a six month wait is folly. It will be a delay of just a few weeks. Porsche have figured out how to solve the crisis affecting buyers and owners around the world. Life will rerturn to normal and we'll all be good.

You may ask why the confidence and belief? Well I think it's obvious. The Track Your Dream portal/app has NEVER been wrong with a date. Porsche would NEVER just add a dummy date as a placeholder to create false hope. NEVER. :lipssealed:

TaycanMarchDates.jpg
I hope you are right. However if you car is held actually at the factory it would then be much easier to fit the new heater. But many people like mine their cars have been shipped out to the hauliers or ports and these cars are sitting in storage in fields. My car is finished, I have a VIN do you? I don't have access to TYD as I'm in Europe but the MyPorsche App is lying. It says my car is still in production so at stage 3 it should be at stage 4. My dealer has confirmed the Porsche Order system says the delivery date is still 10th March so they've not even bothered updating this. I believe all the data for the MyPorsche App and TYD comes from the Porsche Order system.

So I hope you are right as then there is some hope but I fear either your car is an exception as they kept it at the factory or it's just more lying from the Porsche Factory. I have told my dealer I will not accept the car if it does not arrive soon as I am not prepared to take delivery of what is effectively a used car. 3 months in a field is ridiculous for a 150k car.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
From what we know I think we have a number of categories of cars awaiting heaters and I think this is the order the heaters will be supplied:-

1. Used Taycan - Clearly Porsche's first priority, so these cars will should get fixed first. My dealer has 2 cars awaiting heaters in this category.

2. Cars in production now or going into production very soon - We have seen a number of people have their production date pushed back, so I suspect production has temporarily stopped. Once the supply to the production line has returned, these cars will have their new heaters fitted so this looks like a 1 month delay for people in this category.

3. New Cars held at the factory - Assuming a decision was taken early to mid Feb to stop supplying Taycans with the old heater, there will now be complete cars at Stuttgart but with the old heater. Since the factory has limited storage space these cars would be next in line for new heaters, so likely a 1 month delay.

4. New Cars which that have been shipped out to hauliers and ports - When the decision to hold Taycans was made there would have been cars at ports/hauliers or on their way. These we know are being held there. It's not clear who will fit the new heaters to these cars. My SA said in the past Porsche has sent technicians out to the hauliers in teams to fix cars there, but they may choose to let the dealers fit the new heaters. I believe these cars are the ones who will get the new heater last, so I expect a delay of 2 months or more.

Mine is in category 4 so I remain pessimistic on receiving my car anytime soon.

All this is my speculation and guess work.
Sponsored