Jaydub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Picking up GTS ST tomorrow. Sat at port for 5 days while waiting for PDI. Production was the last week of Jan.
Same production week as me… yet I’m still in production!
Sponsored

NuJerzPorsche

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
@whitex @Payton48 @TXSchnee @minstril @NuJerzPorsche

For those that recently took delivery on Dec 22 - Mar 23 without a stop sale order, how long did your car wait at Emden Port before getting on a ship? Mine was there for over 2 weeks with 3 cargo ships came and gone during that time. Wondering if ours were fitted with new heater there before the vovage across the Atlantic.
I want to say a week and a half or less. It definitely wasn’t that long at all.

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Can i ask where can we follow the car (like on the pictures above) please?

For my case, normally the delivery was planned for the 14 april, but now my salesman told me that i will receive my car at the end of May. But the car is not yet produced. Do u think that i will receive it in May? I'm not sure haha... :(

I asked for the reason of the delay, he told me that there is a lack of heaters...
The site that I get my access from is below, I don't know if it is geo specific.

https://my.porsche.com/core/au/en_GB/track-your-dream

On this site you will see an icon to add vehicle. Once you have clicked on this you enter the order number from your dealer, which in my case is a 5 digit number. Your vehicle should then appear with all of the stages of your order. On the manufaturing process has started phase, scroll down to the bottom and the production photos will appear when they are loaded.

All of the above done from a windows laptop.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag

For those that recently took delivery on Dec 22 - Mar 23 without a stop sale order, how long did your car wait at Emden Port before getting on a ship?
~3 weeks IIRC. Missed the first boat which left maybe a week in, got on second boat for the same port. I know others produced on same day with mine made the first boat to same port, so there definitely is a queue at the port.

Payton48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I think mine was there for over a month, then sat for another month at the dealer waiting for a part to be retrofitted/ replaced. It might have been the 12v battery. I didn't ask for details.

Tucson_Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan turbo
Country flag
My build has been at the Emden port for over a month. Just got a call today from my SA saying the regional rep was in and confirmed mine was one of 900 Taycans waiting on heaters. Apparently they built the car without the heater and hoped to install the missing part when it got stateside. Only problem is they won’t have the heaters until late Q3 or early Q4. My SA was told it would be quicker to just place a new order. I’m debating canceling my order or waiting until MY 2024.

stonecold926

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
My build has been at the Emden port for over a month. Just got a call today from my SA saying the regional rep was in and confirmed mine was one of 900 Taycans waiting on heaters. Apparently they built the car without the heater and hoped to install the missing part when it got stateside. Only problem is they won’t have the heaters until late Q3 or early Q4. My SA was told it would be quicker to just place a new order. I’m debating canceling my order or waiting until MY 2024.

what does it say on your TYD? does your scheduled dates get updated at all?

minstril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag

For those that recently took delivery on Dec 22 - Mar 23 without a stop sale order, how long did your car wait at Emden Port before getting on a ship? Mine was there for over 2 weeks with 3 cargo ships came and gone during that time. Wondering if ours were fitted with new heater there before the voyage across the Atlantic.
No idea if mine has a new heater or not. It’s working fine so far with daily use though. It did sit at emden for quite a while, almost two months if I remember correctly. At the time I thought it was either that I spec’d burmester, or that SoCal bound transport was heavily backed up.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
The site that I get my access from is below, I don't know if it is geo specific.

https://my.porsche.com/core/au/en_GB/track-your-dream

On this site you will see an icon to add vehicle. Once you have clicked on this you enter the order number from your dealer, which in my case is a 5 digit number. Your vehicle should then appear with all of the stages of your order. On the manufaturing process has started phase, scroll down to the bottom and the production photos will appear when they are loaded.

All of the above done from a windows laptop.
It apparently is geospecific. My order is from Portugal. It says "order number not found". I do have the tracking SS with my commission number. Oh well... better to receive bad news directly from my SA I guess.

Richs99

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Boxster S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Mine still at 4/5, but also said 3/5 when it was already at Emden so I havent been paying too much attention to it.
My car arrived at the showroom on Wednesday, it passed it's PDI yesterday, and I am collecting it tomorrow! 🥳

Exactly 16 months to the day since I put the deposit down.

kkuenstler

First Name
Kristi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I'm in the DC/VA area in the US. My 2023 RWD Taycan arrived to the MD Port on 21 Feb 23. Next week would be 30 days seating there. According to my SA, all special ordered vehicles have priority over all other vehicles seating in ports like mine. My dealership tried to have the car release and they were willing to swap the heater module with a Taycan they have in stock. Porsche told them no because the parts are specifically assigned by VIN# (not sure how true that is). Everything on this vehicle was scheduled on time per the App. However, 5 days from the scheduled delivery, the app changed the delivery date from 24 Feb 23 to 2 Oct 23. No way I'm getting a car that will seat on the port for 8 months. Worse part? I sold my 2021 Tesla, secured a loan and rented a vehicle, which I'm still paying for, because I have little to no warning about the heating module problem. Very disappointed with Porsche. First time buyer too.
Yep. I found out yesterday that the month delay at port of Houston is now September or October. I told them there is no way I would take ownership of that car after it’s been sitting on a lot in Houston for 7 months. The car would significantLu depreciate in value, would be obsolete model year, etc. I have already spent $1600 putting in the car charger. Plus we may now lose out on the $7500 tax credit since they will have changed to the new American made battery rule. They offered me a “similar” Taycan coming in May. It had like half the options of my custom order. And Porsche was going to give me a whopping $3000 discount on it. No thank you. So my option right now is to lease something they have in stock and then order a new 2024 model when available. It’s an unbelievably bad look for Porsche.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
Yep. I found out yesterday that the month delay at port of Houston is now September or October. I told them there is no way I would take ownership of that car after it’s been sitting on a lot in Houston for 7 months. The car would significantLu depreciate in value, would be obsolete model year, etc. I have already spent $1600 putting in the car charger. Plus we may now lose out on the $7500 tax credit since they will have changed to the new American made battery rule. They offered me a “similar” Taycan coming in May. It had like half the options of my custom order. And Porsche was going to give me a whopping $3000 discount on it. No thank you. So my option right now is to lease something they have in stock and then order a new 2024 model when available. It’s an unbelievably bad look for Porsche.
Such a mess. I feel exactly the same. No way would I accept a car that has been sitting outside for 6 months. Who knows what damage may be caused by this. No amout of discount would compensate. Of course these cars will end up being owned by someone who is oblivious to this fact so Porsche don't loose out in the long run. I've already started looking at the used market.

kkuenstler

First Name
Kristi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I talked to my dealer yesterday. I think what I’m going to do is try to lease a car for two years but then they agree to an early buy back on it when my new order gets here. It’s all extremely disappointing and has sucked All of the fun out of getting a new car. I was worried about the boat sinking with my car on it. In a million years I didn't picture this scenario…

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
It apparently is geospecific. My order is from Portugal. It says "order number not found". I do have the tracking SS with my commission number. Oh well... better to receive bad news directly from my SA I guess.
It does seem so, I tried with a VPN based in the US (I am in the UK) but it couldn't find my order.

TXSchnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Cayenne E Hybrid, ‘23 Taycan CT 4S
Country flag

For those that recently took delivery on Dec 22 - Mar 23 without a stop sale order, how long did your car wait at Emden Port before getting on a ship? Mine was there for over 2 weeks with 3 cargo ships came and gone during that time. Wondering if ours were fitted with new heater there before the voyage across the Atlantic.
Mine was at Port Emden for about 6 days, on arrival it was at Port Houston for 3 days.
Sponsored