First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
This is what my SA told me:
"My Porsche representative was in this morning and I was asking him about your Taycan and why there has been so many delays. He said the cabin heater module is the issue for the delays as these cars aren't producing heat and the parts have been on backorder."

Nothing new

Yes, I am very grateful for it. Just hope I can get it sooner. Still showing 8/28/23 delivery date :(
I'm not taking delivery until tomorrow, but in talking to my SA on the phone yesterday I was asking him about his other incoming Taycans. He did say production on them has been pushed out to May with 3rd or 4th quarter delivery. He just sold one because the customer didn't care about the timeframe, but was upfront about it.

He seemed to think that cars produced and linked to customer orders get/got priority, but we know that isn't universally the case. He thinks my car has the new module. This was just a phone chat to arrange delivery and tidy up loose ends, so if I get any info tomorrow I'll share it.
Sponsored

gryphon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 CRV, 2020 Highlander, 2023 Taycan 4s incoming
Country flag
Similar situation. I have 4 pictures though. I wish they would do a picture of the complete car!

Porsche Taycan All Taycan deliveries being held at port due to needing new heaters Screenshot_20230326_132315_Chrome

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
Yes please keep us posted. I assume your car was made in Feb and all of these had no heater or the old heater so will be surprised if you have the new heater but who knows. My car has been standing for 1 month with no heater so no priority given to me.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes please keep us posted. I assume your car was made in Feb and all of these had no heater or the old heater so will be surprised if you have the new heater but who knows. My car has been standing for 1 month with no heater so no priority given to me.
Porsche Taycan All Taycan deliveries being held at port due to needing new heaters 1679853851827

Porsche Taycan All Taycan deliveries being held at port due to needing new heaters 1679853882234

Yep, Feb. And it was so close to the cusp of the actions from Porsche that I assumed I'd be on a stop sale, regardless of port status. I'm pretty sure it could have gone either way, and I'm taking my SA's claim with a grain of salt. I'm sure I'll be freezing to death eventually and will have to figure it out then. I think I'll drive around with an extra coat, blanket, and bottle of defroster fluid in the trunk come winter.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
1679853851827.png

1679853882234.png

Yep, Feb. And it was so close to the cusp of the actions from Porsche that I assumed I'd be on a stop sale, regardless of port status. I'm pretty sure it could have gone either way, and I'm taking my SA's claim with a grain of salt. I'm sure I'll be freezing to death eventually and will have to figure it out then. I think I'll drive around with an extra coat, blanket, and bottle of defroster fluid in the trunk come winter.
Good luck and enjoy

BRZtoTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BRZ =>Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
Similar situation. I have 4 pictures though. I wish they would do a picture of the complete car!

Screenshot_20230326_132315_Chrome.jpg
Kind of weird that it also took you several weeks to get your car from factory to port. Maybe they do have trucking problems like other people said.

1679853851827.png

1679853882234.png

I am so jealous! I am fine with extra coat as long as I have the car.

gryphon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Kind of weird that it also took you several weeks to get your car from factory to port. Maybe they do have trucking problems like other people said.

I am so jealous! I am fine with extra coat as long as I have the car.
So if you look closely, it never says the step to release the car for transport to the port was complete. That's the step that's still in progress. From what my SA says, instead of sending the car to the port, they shipped it to a warehouse in France and that's where it will sit until further notice. I'm guessing it hasn't been OK'd to send to the port because it's missing one or more parts. My thinking is if they were savvy enough to arrange transportation to France, why not just send it to the port for shipping if everything were there. I'm sure they have their reasons...

BRZtoTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BRZ =>Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
So if you look closely, it never says the step to release the car for transport to the port was complete. That's the step that's still in progress. From what my SA says, instead of sending the car to the port, they shipped it to a warehouse in France and that's where it will sit until further notice. I'm guessing it hasn't been OK'd to send to the port because it's missing one or more parts. My thinking is if they were savvy enough to arrange transportation to France, why not just send it to the port for shipping if everything were there. I'm sure they have their reasons...
Did you also opt for PEC delivery? I have it for PEC LA that's why it can't be held at US port. I saw we have the same leave port date. That is probably just a place holder.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow how'd I miss this? In my head you were still canceling the PPF due to the delay, what a change! Congrats! :party:
Thanks! I know, it's crazy. I have no explanation for it. Don't even have the EVSE installed now! Porsche said I could charge there whenever I want :D.

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My build is scheduled to sit at the Emden port for 4 weeks before getting on a vessel to Davisville, RI. Not sure if that’s related to limited vessel space (I missed the vessel that drpartedor waiting on the installation of a newer HV Heater.

Porsche Taycan All Taycan deliveries being held at port due to needing new heaters 882437B0-2ED2-43EB-84F5-9DB9DDBBB956

Either way, hoping my delivery is still in April!

stonecold926

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag

Screenshot_20230326_132315_Chrome.jpg
My build is scheduled to sit at the Emden port for 4 weeks before getting on a vessel to Davisville, RI. Not sure if that’s related to limited vessel space (I missed the vessel that drpartedor waiting on the installation of a newer HV Heater.

882437B0-2ED2-43EB-84F5-9DB9DDBBB956.jpeg

Either way, hoping my delivery is still in April!

There is absolutely no explanations for how Porsche handling this situation.

My order was built and transported to the port AFTER gryphon99's scheduled dates, but it will be delivered in May despite being held at Eden Port for extended of weeks.

However, my order was built and transported to the port BEOFRE Fall7St8nd's scheduled dates, whose car will be delivered way sooner than mine despite mine is shipped three weeks earlier.

What also doesn't make sense to me is , mine left Emden port on 3/24 (arrived the port on 3/1) but it won't arrive San Diego till 5/5. Why would it take this long journey? I also couldn't find any ship left for San Diego on the 24th of March.

So ya, whatever Porsche said so.

gryphon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you also opt for PEC delivery? I have it for PEC LA that's why it can't be held at US port. I saw we have the same leave port date. That is probably just a place holder.
Nope! Straight to the dealer, no PEC delivery :( anyone know if Amazon will deliver cars?!?!?

gryphon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There is absolutely no explanations for how Porsche handling this situation.

My order was built and transported to the port AFTER gryphon99's scheduled dates, but it will be delivered in May despite being held at Eden Port for extended of weeks.

However, my order was built and transported to the port BEOFRE Fall7St8nd's scheduled dates, whose car will be delivered way sooner than mine despite mine is shipped three weeks earlier.

What also doesn't make sense to me is , mine left Emden port on 3/24 (arrived the port on 3/1) but it won't arrive San Diego till 5/5. Why would it take this long journey? I also couldn't find any ship left for San Diego on the 24th of March.

So ya, whatever Porsche said so.
🤷‍♂️ :CWL: :angry: :devil: :facepalm:

I can only explain it through emojis. Makes me want to order a second car just to see if it gets here faster than my first!

yankeedoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
Mine (manufactured in February)was held recently at port entry into Canada for less than a week, and now the update is that it’s on its way to the dealership. Seems like business as usual.
Sponsored