Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
So we have no formal information from the Factory but it seems that all Taycans are being held at ports, hauliers for a replacement heater but the factory are prioritising used cars with faulty heaters which is understandable. No information when these held cars will be delivered.

Dealers have no information but are predicting up to 6 month delay. My car is one of those. It was elivered to the French haulier 2 weeks ago and still no information. I have no choice but to wait and complain with the lack of information but at some point I will cancel my order and wait for a MY24. Surely Porsche realise many others will do the same. I'm also not keen on a car parked up in a field for 6 months.

This is a massive embarrassment to Porsche and they are trying to hide it from new customers. Very poor and totally unacceptable.
Sponsored

Sarah's dog chariot

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mamba 4S sport T super yay!
Country flag
Hi Kevin.
Is this for all countries as far as you are aware ? I have heard nothing from my SA, but admittedly, I have not asked any questions directly. I completely agree though- its uncomfortable thinking that such an expensive toy is just sat there, no matter where that may be !

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi Kevin.
Is this for all countries as far as you are aware ? I have heard nothing from my SA, but admittedly, I have not asked any questions directly. I completely agree though- its uncomfortable thinking that such an expensive toy is just sat there, no matter where that may be !
My SA believes so. I've seen people in different countries on Facebook and on here all saying the same thing.

PA4022

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Golf R Estate, 205 GTI, Taycan ST 4S
Country flag
I've been told that no new cars will be given to owners in a UK with an old style faulty heater, and my SA has advised to expect a few week delays from my March build date, but I'm anticipating a much longer delay now given all the experiences I'm reading on here.

laua

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, V60, CT4S incoming
Country flag
That sucks. Per a time sheet from my SA, my order was scheduled for production last Friday and completion tomorrow. That said, it hasn’t moved in TYD. I had just chalked that up to a buggy/lagged TYD, but I guess I’m going to be delayed as well. Will let others know if I hear anything.

Zulfu

First Name
Zulfu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross 4S in progress, Audi SQ7, Yamaha R1
Country flag
i ordered my CT in September and normally it will be delivered in April, do u think that it will be the same for me? When i ask my dealer, they always tell me that it will arrive at the scheduled time... I live in Belgium

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
i ordered my CT in September and normally it will be delivered in April, do u think that it will be the same for me? When i ask my dealer, they always tell me that it will arrive at the scheduled time... I live in Belgium
Since dealers are getting no information whatsoever you have been told is their guess.

I believe we could be looking at a 2 to 3 months delay, but that's just my guess.

Zulfu

First Name
Zulfu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Since dealers are getting no information whatsoever you have been told is their guess.

I believe we could be looking at a 2 to 3 months delay, but that's just my guess.
And can i ask u where u get this information please?

Domy69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s crossturismo, X5 M50d
Country flag
As a lot here, If this is a few weeks it is acceptable. If I have to wait some months without exact scheduling I will cancel my order to buy a MY2024. Do not forget this not the 1st immatriculation date but the fabrication date who is valuable on the 2cd hand market..more relevant when a facelift is coming. So more we wait (>6 months are valuable) more we lose for the resale. I am not buying a 2cd hand car but a new! :mad:

Zulfu

First Name
Zulfu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As a lot here, If this is a few weeks it is acceptable. If I have to wait some months without exact scheduling I will cancel my order to buy a MY2024. Do not forget this not the 1st immatriculation date but the fabrication date who is valuable on the 2cd hand market..more relevant when a facelift is coming. So more we wait (>6 months are valuable) more we lose for the resale. I am not buying a 2cd hand car but a new! :mad:
When is it ur date of delivery normally?

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
I was tempted to book a factory tour next week because my car is supposed to be complete by 22 March :( I guess the tour is going to be fairly dull if they've stopped production, or will they just keep churning them out without a battery heater

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
Wow. Disappointing news, but it makes sense. It's much more difficult (and expensive) to repair all the cars once they leave Porsche's hands.

Knock of wood, my heater has been working, but, I imagine if the issue is this big, that it's only a matter of when. Perhaps my luck is due to being in CA where it doesn't get too cold. 🤨

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
Well - mine was waiting for a boat Emden to Sheerness on Monday 6 March having just completed I am told I should have it in a couple of weeks with upgraded heater. Cross Turismo 4S.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My SA said he expects the factory will probably send a team of mechanics to fix the cars at the ports/hauliers. Once the heaters are available.
Sponsored