Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
Well - mine was waiting for a boat Emden to Sheerness on Monday 6 March having just completed I am told I should have it in a couple of weeks with upgraded heater. Cross Turismo 4S.
That's great news. I hope we are not all waiting too long but fear the worse here.
Sponsored

TXSchnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Cayenne E Hybrid, ‘23 Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Mine has been sitting in Houston since Feb 18th. No eta given at all.
What boat were you on? I was on the Lake Wanaka and picked my CT 4S up on 2/27. I really think that Porsche is releasing vehicles to warm areas still, and withholding any going to cold weather areas. Porsche needs to be more transparent with what they are actually doing, and I assume a recall will be issued for everyone currently driving around with the known faulty HV heater.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
i ordered my CT in September and normally it will be delivered in April, do u think that it will be the same for me? When i ask my dealer, they always tell me that it will arrive at the scheduled time... I live in Belgium
They always say that until it is not. Usually we are informed better in this forum than the sales guys. I knew a week before them I couldn’t get matrix head lights. Called them, that said I could get them without problem. Week later a phone call with 100 excuses that I couldn’t. Same for 6 weeks delayed delivery. Ordered in December. Delivered in April so can’t complain.

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
What boat were you on? I was on the Lake Wanaka and picked my CT 4S up on 2/27. I really think that Porsche is releasing vehicles to warm areas still, and withholding any going to cold weather areas. Porsche needs to be more transparent with what they are actually doing, and I assume a recall will be issued for everyone currently driving around with the known faulty HV heater.
Well I sure hope that this is true of deliveries in warm places, I have a car on a boat arriving 3/12 to Jacksonville and hoping for no port delay, I don’t need a heater pretty much ever here in south Florida. Hoping for the best, resigned for the worst. Lots of accessories waiting in the garage. First scheduled electric road trip hanging in the balance for the end of April.

Zulfu

First Name
Zulfu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross 4S in progress, Audi SQ7, Yamaha R1
Country flag
They always say that until it is not. Usually we are informed better in this forum than the sales guys. I knew a week before them I couldn’t get matrix head lights. Called them, that said I could get them without problem. Week later a phone call with 100 excuses that I couldn’t. Same for 6 weeks delayed delivery. Ordered in December. Delivered in April so can’t complain.
really annoying... at which dealer did u order ur taycan?

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
I had my 911 in for service last week and while there asked my service advisor about the heaters on the Taycans as mine has been fine so far. He said that they are going out quicker in colder climates so that it must be a usage issue. Therefore, I would guess it would just be longer until it finally goes out in a warmer climate. Also, Porsche is taking the broken heaters and refurbishing them to correct standards and reusing them when possible. Not really sure about that last part, but that is what I heard. Hopefully it all gets sorted out very soon.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
This is a massive embarrassment to Porsche and they are trying to hide it from new customers. Very poor and totally unacceptable.
You'd rather they deliver it with a bad heater and let you freeze?

Some people are never happy.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
This is tough news. 2022 was the year of the 12V battery. It delayed my car by ~5 months. Very frustrating because it was a little delay at a time which became a big one in total. The only thing I can tell you guys that are waiting is that the car is worth the wait. Hopefully you can hang in there….

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
really annoying... at which dealer did u order ur taycan?
Latem. They try their best and are confronted with delivery problems they have never seen before. But they are not going to contact you when delivery is delayed. Too many unpleasant phone calls probably. At the end all ended well for me and I am happy with my car.

Zeegoff

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, GTS ST on order
Country flag
This is not good news, I'm in the final stages with my taycan. It would seem it's gotten one of the very last boats out of Emden but has been sat at the port in Grimsby with no explanation why since the 3rd of March. Is there anyone else in a similar situation with a car sat in the port on the UK side that knows anymore before I reach out to my SA? They've been fantastic so far and have been very patient with all my questions and spec changes before lock in so don't want to hastle them unnecessarily.

malogos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Subaru Forester
Country flag
Ya, same boat. But I live in Colorado.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Yeah I expressed this concern elsewhere too i.e. since I never use the thing I actually do not know if mine is faulty or not and was planning to run it regardless just to see if there might be an issue. Fairly certain my SA will not have an answer if asked!

frietzak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
i ordered my CT in September and normally it will be delivered in April, do u think that it will be the same for me? When i ask my dealer, they always tell me that it will arrive at the scheduled time... I live in Belgium
If delivery is planned next month then I guess it should be planned for production. Ask your dealer if it is and the date.

j.w.s

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS, 2024 Rivian R1S
Country flag
So we have no formal information from the Factory but it seems that all Taycans are being held at ports, hauliers for a replacement heater but the factory are prioritising used cars with faulty heaters which is understandable. No information when these held cars will be delivered.

Dealers have no information but are predicting up to 6 month delay. My car is one of those. It was elivered to the French haulier 2 weeks ago and still no information. I have no choice but to wait and complain with the lack of information but at some point I will cancel my order and wait for a MY24. Surely Porsche realise many others will do the same. I'm also not keen on a car parked up in a field for 6 months.

This is a massive embarrassment to Porsche and they are trying to hide it from new customers. Very poor and totally unacceptable.
For those of us driving already-delivered cars ('23 GTS) is there going to be a recall, or do we just hope that our heater dies before the warranty runs out?
Sponsored