OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
In reaction to the excellent post above from @annieland, I'm in the first bucket.

My new GTS started production on February 20 and was orginally due to complete on February 27. This slipped to March 21. After contacting my dealer they confirmed my car was being held due to delays in the heater part and that all of their Taycan's in production were being affected in the same way.

In the face of the significant uncertainty the heating part fiasco has created, whatever bucket you may be in, I just wanted to provide a little certainty.

The heater part will be fitted to my car by March 21. It will prove there are new heater parts available and the thought of a six month wait is folly. It will be a delay of just a few weeks. Porsche have figured out how to solve the crisis affecting buyers and owners around the world. Life will rerturn to normal and we'll all be good.

You may ask why the confidence and belief? Well I think it's obvious. The Track Your Dream portal/app has NEVER been wrong with a date. Porsche would NEVER just add a dummy date as a placeholder to create false hope. NEVER. :lipssealed:

TaycanMarchDates.jpg
I am pleased to report that my car did indeed complete manufacturing on March 21 and is now at the Port of Bremerhaven scheduled to depart for Oz early next month. I hope that everyone who has had manufacturing delays is in a similar position.

Dimib31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porshe Cayenne, Taycan on order, audi A6, Audi etr
Country flag
You should really stop repeating this nonsense. If you have proof, please share it with this _public_ forum; otherwise I would kindly suggest you refrain from making baseless statements.

A franchised dealer only pays for the car upon taking possession. Until then, the car belongs to Porsche or their official affiliate/representative in that region or country. The car is only released to the dealer after the final inspection/adjustment at the destination port of entry, and the dealer won't accept (and won't pay) for a vehicle which deviates from the spec.
I think he means waiting time is so long and prices keep increasing. this in combination with high demand results in the fact that they do not care about an individual costumer. Every car rejected at the end by a client is immediately sold on the market. There are almost no stock Taycan on the market. So that means they don't care really about one individuals needs of opinion.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
I think he means waiting time is so long and prices keep increasing. this in combination with high demand results in the fact that they do not care about an individual costumer. Every car rejected at the end by a client is immediately sold on the market. There are almost no stock Taycan on the market. So that means they don't care really about one individuals needs of opinion.
Correct. My SA said it's the dealers that suffer as they are committed to buy the cars. Porsche are not really interested in the end customer, that's the dealers responsibility hence not telling us what is happening.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
It wasn't phrased as "dealers are forced to buy the cars", it was said that "dealers already paid for the cars". Even so, I'm not sure that is entirely correct - the dealer is absolutely within rights to reject a provably defective or incomplete car.

The other bits about price hikes and demand - well, we all welcome OP to How Life Works, I guess? And placing another order is exactly the way to solve it.

Daelemki

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT GTS
Country flag
yesterday i complained on the forum but i just received a good call. there was a big batch of heaters delivered apparently. so mine was in the production week of 28th feb till 03th march and it received the heater now. So the car was loaded on the truck yesterday on its way to Belgium. agreed on a delivery after Easter holiday as we go on holidays anyway. so maybe more good news for others to come.
Hi, which dealer do you have? Mine confirmed I have to wait for delivery until week 35

lwc1001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Not sure if I want to wait this long for a 2023 RWD.

Screenshot_20230323_095205_Chrome.jpg
Thats crazy!!!! I have a CT4 on step 3 as of 3/16/23. I'm sure it'll be delayed since production was suppose to start on 3/17/23 but nothing changed in TYD.

BRZtoTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BRZ =>Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
I know!!! I'm so frustrated... and I still only have 3 pictures instead of 5 like everyone else. Not really sure what is happening to mine. I have pressured my SA to get for more info but nothing.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I know!!! I'm so frustrated... and I still only have 3 pictures instead of 5 like everyone else. Not really sure what is happening to mine. I have pressured my SA to get for more info but nothing.
I have no pictures. I'd be happy with 3

Zulfu

First Name
Zulfu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross 4S in progress, Audi SQ7, Yamaha R1
Country flag
Is there any news from the heaters?
yesterday i complained on the forum but i just received a good call. there was a big batch of heaters delivered apparently. so mine was in the production week of 28th feb till 03th march and it received the heater now. So the car was loaded on the truck yesterday on its way to Belgium. agreed on a delivery after Easter holiday as we go on holidays anyway. so maybe more good news for others to come.
Hi, any news about the heaters? Guys from BE and FR what do ur dealers tell about the delays please?...

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Hi, any news about the heaters? Guys from BE and FR what do ur dealers tell about the delays please?...
Still no information.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
I only got 4 pictures and my car was delivered. Maybe there's some timer setting on the cameras or whatever. I wouldn't worry about it! Even just one pic I say is convincing evidence of production :)

BRZtoTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BRZ =>Taycan (RWD)
Country flag

This is what my SA told me:
"My Porsche representative was in this morning and I was asking him about your Taycan and why there has been so many delays. He said the cabin heater module is the issue for the delays as these cars aren't producing heat and the parts have been on backorder."

Nothing new

I only got 4 pictures and my car was delivered. Maybe there's some timer setting on the cameras or whatever. I wouldn't worry about it! Even just one pic I say is convincing evidence of production :)
Yes, I am very grateful for it. Just hope I can get it sooner. Still showing 8/28/23 delivery date :(

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is what my SA told me:
"My Porsche representative was in this morning and I was asking him about your Taycan and why there has been so many delays. He said the cabin heater module is the issue for the delays as these cars aren't producing heat and the parts have been on backorder."

Nothing new

Yes, I am very grateful for it. Just hope I can get it sooner. Still showing 8/28/23 delivery date :(
So you SA knows nothing lol
Sponsored