f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Yes please keep us posted. I assume your car was made in Feb and all of these had no heater or the old heater so will be surprised if you have the new heater but who knows. My car has been standing for 1 month with no heater so no priority given to me.
If they do what they did with the 12V battery last year first new parts go to the production line, so new cars are less likely to have big warranty cost.
The next priority will be supplying dealers who have cars in need of repair.
Last will be the cars in storage.

It is "unfair" and particularly annoying for those of us who had to wait for a long time, but is frankly the obvious thing to do!

Why deliberately add to the number of people already pissed off?

I suspect fitting a battery to the thousands of cars waiting without one was much quicker and easier than fitting the heater matrix though.

On the positive side, anybody receiving a car with the old heater but passing PDI is now driving around in a car with a potential inconvenient breakdown built in, whereas rectified ones with new heater hopefully are not.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
If they do what they did with the 12V battery last year first new parts go to the production line, so new cars are less likely to have big warranty cost.
The next priority will be supplying dealers who have cars in need of repair.
Last will be the cars in storage.

It is "unfair" and particularly annoying for those of us who had to wait for a long time, but is frankly the obvious thing to do!

Why deliberately add to the number of people already pissed off?

I suspect fitting a battery to the thousands of cars waiting without one was much quicker and easier than fitting the heater matrix though.

On the positive side, anybody receiving a car with the old heater but passing PDI is now driving around in a car with a potential inconvenient breakdown built in, whereas rectified ones with new heater hopefully are not.
I couldn't be more pissed off. I'd prefer a car with the old heater. This is not likely to fail until next winter, (it was 22 deg C the other day). But the better solution would be to not produce cars with missing parts or continue fitting the old unit until there was a good supply of the modified unit. It's all common sense but we are not seeing any of that here hence many people are pissed off.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I couldn't be more pissed off. I'd prefer a car with the old heater. This is not likely to fail until next winter, (it was 22 deg C the other day). But the better solution would be to not produce cars with missing parts or continue fitting the old unit until there was a good supply of the modified unit. It's all common sense but we are not seeing any of that here hence many people are pissed off.
Porsche are running a business.
Doing what you suggest would not be common sense, it would commercially stupid.
What they are doing is best for their business and no surprise to me.
It was a disappointment to me when I was in the situation last year but not a surprise.

Sace

First Name
Anders
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Tourismo
Country flag
Porsche are running a business.
Doing what you suggest would not be common sense, it would commercially stupid.
What they are doing is best for their business and no surprise to me.
It was a disappointment to me when I was in the situation last year but not a surprise.
Agreed. As annoying as it is for the customer it does not make sense to stop a production line. All incoming supplies etc. are ordered and arriving so stopping the line would be extremely expensive.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I will refrain from commenting here. Easy to make these comments when you are nor affected.

Sace

First Name
Anders
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Tourismo
Country flag
I will refrain from commenting here. Easy to make these comments when you are nor affected.
I'm awaiting a car that's stored at the factory so I'm as much affected as you. But that does not mean that I don't understand why they are acting as they are. Of cause the lack of communication etc. is terrible - I'm not defending Porsche's way of handling this.

TXSchnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan CT 4S, '24 BMW XM, '23 Honda Ridgeline
Country flag
I'm not taking delivery until tomorrow, but in talking to my SA on the phone yesterday I was asking him about his other incoming Taycans. He did say production on them has been pushed out to May with 3rd or 4th quarter delivery. He just sold one because the customer didn't care about the timeframe, but was upfront about it.

He seemed to think that cars produced and linked to customer orders get/got priority, but we know that isn't universally the case. He thinks my car has the new module. This was just a phone chat to arrange delivery and tidy up loose ends, so if I get any info tomorrow I'll share it.
Were you able to pick yours up? Post pictures please!

TheSauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S
Country flag
I'm awaiting a car that's stored at the factory so I'm as much affected as you. But that does not mean that I don't understand why they are acting as they are. Of cause the lack of communication etc. is terrible - I'm not defending Porsche's way of handling this.
There should be compensation for those with extended delays. Commensurate with Appropriate depreciation as expected for that time.

its one thing to be told expect 6+ months when you order a vehicle and placing that order at that expected price; it’s another to pay for a vehicle and then losing 6 months time of value.

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Doubt you are being delayed for a heater. PEC only accepts cars within a week of appointment, and they are usually fully booked. cars will stay at port until very close to delivery time.
Just to confirm this is incorrect and to give info to anyone trying to sort out delays and if PEC cars get priority.

2023 Taycan Turbo (I have had the heater warning in TYD since it was first posted)
Currently on a boat near Nova Scotia heading to Jacksonville port.

ETA @ Port 4/4
ETA @ PEC 4/25
Confirmed pickup date @ PEC 5/30

I was given the choice of pickup dates from May 23rd all the way through June 30th which is completely different than my previous experience back in 2016!

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
Just to confirm this is incorrect and to give info to anyone trying to sort out delays and if PEC cars get priority.
I'm only repeating what has already been said. PEC does not have room to store cars. PEC Atlanta does not have room to store cars so they only accept deliveries within a week or so of your pickup appointment.

Did you get a message from Porsche saying your car is being held at port because of a heater? Because its far more plausible its being held at port because PECATL is fully booked until May.

Its common knowledge that PEC deliveries add a delay to when you get to pick up your car, since they only do 2-3 of them a day.

AJ1

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
Hi All, I am new to this forum I ordered my Turbo S back in March 2022 it was due for delivery end of February when suddenly I was told there was a delay, 1 week before delivery due to heater component shortage. I have been told that delivery will be August/Sept now. However today I was offered a Turbo for delivery end of May. I have been told heaters are pre allocated to VIn numbers. There are hundreds of affected cars but other deliveries are still taking place.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi All, I am new to this forum I ordered my Turbo S back in March 2022 it was due for delivery end of February when suddenly I was told there was a delay, 1 week before delivery due to heater component shortage. I have been told that delivery will be August/Sept now. However today I was offered a Turbo for delivery end of May. I have been told heaters are pre allocated to VIn numbers. There are hundreds of affected cars but other deliveries are still taking place.
I think the recent deliveries have the new heater. Did your dealer offer you a new allocation to order to and was Porsche UK involved do you know. Hoping I get some resolution soon. My car was finished 5 weeks ago.

AJ1

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
I think the recent deliveries have the new heater. Did your dealer offer you a new allocation to order to and was Porsche UK involved do you know. Hoping I get some resolution soon. My car was finished 5 weeks ago.
No they just offered me a cancellation Turbo vehicle. It was porsche UK dealer

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No they just offered me a cancellation Turbo vehicle. It was porsche UK dealer
But you ordered a Turbo S so doesn't sound like a great deal.
Sponsored