restob41

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hello. Another jump on the delivery date for my Taycan. Hope the same thing is happening to those waiting for their ride. I have decided to not cancel and just wait. At least from my experience, I can see Porsche trying to do their best.
Original delivery date: 21 Feb 23
Adjusted to Oct 23 in Feb 23
Adjusted to Aug 23 a little over a week ago
Adjusted to 13 July 23 this week

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
Hello. Another jump on the delivery date for my Taycan. Hope the same thing is happening to those waiting for their ride. I have decided to not cancel and just wait. At least from my experience, I can see Porsche trying to do their best.
If I'm not going to get mine till July then I will be cancelling. There are still available allocations that I can get delivered before July and these cars have not been standing in a field. But I might wait for a MY24 or give in completely.

Zulfu

First Name
Zulfu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross 4S in progress, Audi SQ7, Yamaha R1
Country flag
yesterday i was at Porsche centrum and i asked about the heaters. The problem is not the heater itself, but the component which is attached to the heater that increases the temperature of the heater without any control. Which makes the heater hot. But they solved the problem (that is what he said)... now let's wait .... 🤞

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
yesterday i was at Porsche centrum and i asked about the heaters. The problem is not the heater itself, but the component which is attached to the heater that increases the temperature of the heater without any control. Which makes the heater hot. But they solved the problem (that is what he said)... now let's wait .... 🤞
Someone posted on here that the new heater had cooling fans. So one of these facts are made up by the SA

gryphon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 CRV, 2020 Highlander, 2023 Taycan 4s incoming
Country flag
This sounds very encouraging. Keep us posted as mine still says August. I have been scouring trying to find a substitute Taycan, but I want what I want. If I'm going to pay $140k for a car, it better have exactly what I want in it.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
My build date just was anticipated by a week. Probably meaning that factory is picking up on speed too.

PaulBay14

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera
Country flag
Has anyone got any updated info re the cars in compounds awaiting the updated heater? Seems a bit hit and miss as to which cars which were built in February have the upgraded heater.
Ive seen one delivered from the same dealer in the UK from mine built a week earlier (8th Feb) with the new heater. Mine was the 18th and has been sat for nearly 6 weeks. I got told last Saturday it has a dealer block due to the heater.

Spoke to my dealer today said they asked the UK National vehicle planner for an ETA, but nothing yet, they also informed me that there are strikes in Germany, so any cars which are in compounds cant get transport anyway let alone repairs…. and doubts he will hear anything from Germany until there’s a global update.

Not really the customer experience you want for such an expensive car.

gryphon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Has anyone got any updated info re the cars in compounds awaiting the updated heater? Seems a bit hit and miss as to which cars which were built in February have the upgraded heater.
Ive seen one delivered from the same dealer in the UK from mine built a week earlier (8th Feb) with the new heater. Mine was the 18th and has been sat for nearly 6 weeks. I got told last Saturday it has a dealer block due to the heater.

Spoke to my dealer today said they asked the UK National vehicle planner for an ETA, but nothing yet, they also informed me that there are strikes in Germany, so any cars which are in compounds cant get transport anyway let alone repairs…. and doubts he will hear anything from Germany until there’s a global update.

Not really the customer experience you want for such an expensive car.
No update here. I spoke to another dealer to see if they heard anything and he says Porsche tells them not to expect those cars any earlier than Q4. I found a car that should work for me and I may just cancel and take the one at the dealer. Life is too short for this nonsense...

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
Based on the couple of chats I had with my SA upon taking delivery last week, and hearing the status of his incoming Taycans, this is what I've surmised... And I can totally (probably) be wrong, as there's way too many data points to parse out here without SPSS software. But it seems cars that were on the production line, and linked to customer orders (according to him) when this heater swap began, got the new heater and stayed on track as far as delivery. Cars that were already produced and on their way to Emden got stuck there in the field. Cars that were to soon lock or enter production got the ETA pushed way out as they organized the logistics of the new part supply and entry.

This scenario makes the most sense to me, as far as why some cars arrived and others before and after are in various stages of delay. I can't even begin to wrap my head around the logistics of this kind of operation. Now add labor issues, cargo carriers with uncertain schedules, weather delays, supply chain... ugh.

It makes sense that ETAs of unproduced cars are moving forward as things are catching up. As far as the logistics of the cars produced and waiting, I really can't imagine. For reference, my car was on the line from 2/15-2/21.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
No update here. I spoke to another dealer to see if they heard anything and he says Porsche tells them not to expect those cars any earlier than Q4. I found a car that should work for me and I may just cancel and take the one at the dealer. Life is too short for this nonsense...
Life is also too short to settle for something that isn't 100% what you want. From one "responsible, practical, cost-conscious" car-buyer to another, get your dream car exactly the way you want it. Unless you are desperate for wheels, like yesterday, don't let all the crazy on this forum go to your head. It's all so frustrating, agonizing, and exciting at the same time, I know. Obviously I've had my own brand of drama on display. Just ride it out and trust your gut... it's all meant to be in the end. 💓

gryphon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Life is also too short to settle for something that isn't 100% what you want. From one "responsible, practical, cost-conscious" car-buyer to another, get your dream car exactly the way you want it. Unless you are desperate for wheels, like yesterday, don't let all the crazy on this forum go to your head. It's all so frustrating, agonizing, and exciting at the same time, I know. Obviously I've had my own brand of drama on display. Just ride it out and trust your gut... it's all meant to be in the end. 💓
Dammit! Just when I thought I made a decision you go and drop some truth on me!!! 🤣 I can't argue with a single thing you said and you are probably 100% right!

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Dammit! Just when I thought I made a decision you go and drop some truth on me!!! 🤣 I can't argue with a single thing you said and you are probably 100% right!
Was going to say something similar to Annieland when I saw she already said it.

I don't want to assume this is your first Porsche but if it is then you will understand after you have it. Welcome to "Porsche Life."

My soon to arrive Taycan Turbo will be my 10th Porsche and a I had a deposit on a rumored Porsche EV BEFORE the Mission E even came out and canceled on my initial 2020 allocation because it didn't have all the options available I wanted at the time. Trust me I know about waiting a lot time for this car....it has been 8 years for me!

Porsche Taycan All Taycan deliveries being held at port due to needing new heaters 9re0iee6ko171

or the original:
Porsche Taycan All Taycan deliveries being held at port due to needing new heaters Screenshot 2023-04-01 170228

gryphon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Was going to say something similar to Annieland when I saw she already said it.

I don't want to assume this is your first Porsche but if it is then you will understand after you have it. Welcome to "Porsche Life."

My soon to arrive Taycan Turbo will be my 10th Porsche and a I had a deposit on a rumored Porsche EV BEFORE the Mission E even came out and canceled on my initial 2020 allocation because it didn't have all the options available I wanted at the time. Trust me I know about waiting a lot time for this car....it has been 8 years for me!

9re0iee6ko171.jpg

or the original:
Screenshot 2023-04-01 170228.png
You are correct in that this is my first Porsche! In fact, this will be the first car I actually buy for myself. I've always bought cars for other people. The excitement quickly went to frustration. However maybe I should take a sabbatical from this forum until my car gets "unstuck" 😝 I keep salivating over all the collection day photos one day dreaming that will be me. I wish I could have selective memory loss and forget about this thing until it's on a boat!