gryphon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 CRV, 2020 Highlander, 2023 Taycan 4s incoming
Country flag
Tell us what you decided to do won't you !! now we are all invested in your decision too !!! haha OXOX
I have unequivocally decided to just chill the hell out and wait for MY beauty to arrive šŸ˜ I appreciate everyone's feedback here. Although the dealer's car is fantastic, it's not my personality like the one I'm waiting on!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
I think colour is such a personal thing. I took a GTS for a test drive in Crayon. Mā€™y wife hated the colour and said it looks like dirty white lol. I donā€™t mind it but there are many other colours in the range I prefer.

Reactions: AJ1

Cat76

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag
Ordered my CT in November 2021! Was finally built left the factory compound on 20th Feb 2023 and thatā€™s it..stuck. Porsche UK and Porsche Cambridge are an absolute joke, no apology, no offer of a courtesy car they canā€™t say when or even if this car will appear..I hope others have better luck than me..18months and counting, I think Iā€™m finally going to cancel this week, I simply canā€™t go on waiting indefinitely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Ordered my CT in November 2021! Was finally built left the factory compound on 20th Feb 2023 and thatā€™s it..stuck. Porsche UK and Porsche Cambridge are an absolute joke, no apology, no offer of a courtesy car they canā€™t say when or even if this car will appear..I hope others have better luck than me..18months and counting, I think Iā€™m finally going to cancel this week, I simply canā€™t go on waiting indefinitely
Thatā€™s such a long wait for a carā€¦ just hard to believe. My opinion is that life is too short for a wait like that unless youā€™re already driving something equally as awesome.

PaulBay14

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera
Country flag
Iā€™m in exactly the same position and the dealership are getting no information as to an expected lead time contacted the UK vehicle planner over a week ago nothing and doesnā€™t expect to get anything, Iā€™m bored of wasting head space on this car.
Have you had a confirmed dealer block for the the heater issue?

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mclaren 570GT, Cayenne
Country flag
I've had a new heater after 2 years and 2 others I know have. One has had 2. I'd hate to have to replace one after 5 years out of warranty as it was a 28 hour job.

Wow. Disappointing news, but it makes sense. It's much more difficult (and expensive) to repair all the cars once they leave Porsche's hands.

Knock of wood, my heater has been working, but, I imagine if the issue is this big, that it's only a matter of when. Perhaps my luck is due to being in CA where it doesn't get too cold. šŸ¤Ø

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
I've had a new heater after 2 years and 2 others I know have. One has had 2. I'd hate to have to replace one after 5 years out of warranty as it was a 28 hour job.
Someone on here said it was 1.5 hours work

BRZtoTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BRZ =>Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
I just received the PEC LA delivery date schedule and confirmed to get my car in middle of June. All PEC delivery cars will be held at Germany port for the new heater. You will get an email to schedule your delivery date after 3 days of leave port date.

TheSauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S
Country flag
Porsche Taycan All Taycan deliveries being held at port due to needing new heaters A0EFA0ED-CEBD-4476-A350-CB5BF36BFC42

Originally scheduled to take delivery 3/17/23, Iā€™ll hopefully be in possession about 3 weeks late

Cat76

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag
Thatā€™s such a long wait for a carā€¦ just hard to believe. My opinion is that life is too short for a wait like that unless youā€™re already driving something equally as awesome.
Agree Iā€™m going to cancelā€¦
Iā€™m in exactly the same position and the dealership are getting no information as to an expected lead time contacted the UK vehicle planner over a week ago nothing and doesnā€™t expect to get anything, Iā€™m bored of wasting head space on this car.
nothing at all, although I have just heard this morning from the Porsche contact centre that the dealer principles are now in receipt of details and a compensation package for these held cars so Iā€™m waiting to hear back today..but wonā€™t hold my breath ā€¦
unfortunately had to cancel Today, dealer was honest in that he has no faith these cars will be delivered I have been waiting 18 months and facing a target date of September with no guarantees ..an absolute joke by Porsche in Germany. The positive news is I managed to get a cancellation order in another dealer, not a white CT but a 4S in a colour (frozen blue) that I would not have chosen but pleased (I hope) after 18months of waiting to be picking up a taycan next week, I hope šŸ¤žšŸ»

Cat76

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag
Dealer said today earliest is possibly September but no guarantees as over 1700 cars in the UK alone off the road waiting a repair, so he was not confident these held German post production cars would make it by September or if at all..luckily I stumbled on a cancelled order in another dealer so cancelled mine and took this one..good luck

TheSauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S
Country flag
Yeah I feel for yā€™all going through a prolonged delay, does look like some cars are trickling through. Who knows if I have a busted heater or not.

AJ1

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
Yeah I feel for yā€™all going through a prolonged delay, does look like some cars are trickling through. Who knows if I have a busted heater or not.
I tried to order a new Range Rover sport at the same time as I ended up ordering Taycan. (62 weeks) The lead time for that range was 104 weeks was a big difference now maybe the same.

TheSauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S
Country flag
I tried to order a new Range Rover sport at the same time as I ended up ordering Taycan. (62 weeks) The lead time for that range was 104 weeks was a big difference now maybe the same.
Terrible.

I wonā€™t buy a LR/RR unless another dealership opens in my area. The crew at the local dealer are some of the most arrogant people Iā€™ve ever come across and that alone drove me from purchasing if it meant having to deal with them.
Sponsored