First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
Terrible.

I won’t buy a LR/RR unless another dealership opens in my area. The crew at the local dealer are some of the most arrogant people I’ve ever come across and that alone drove me from purchasing if it meant having to deal with them.
All the dealerships for LR the same, from my experience they don’t have to sell the car they just need to be polite and nice car sells itself.
Sponsored

gryphon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 CRV, 2020 Highlander, 2023 Taycan 4s incoming
Country flag
A0EFA0ED-CEBD-4476-A350-CB5BF36BFC42.png

Originally scheduled to take delivery 3/17/23, I’ll hopefully be in possession about 3 weeks late
Yes very lucky! Mine was built around the same time and I'm almost half a year away.

gtr_skyline

First Name
Prashan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo (on order)
Country flag
Update from my UK dealer yesterday - my Feb 23 build CT4, which is being held at Emden docks will be delivered between July 23 and Sept 23……as this is a company lease car and the equivalent MY24 spec is £7k more, I am going to have to continue to wait patiently.

PaterB

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Country flag
I've been trying to cancel my order since 2 weeks ago after knowing about this news.
My SA is ignoring me and told me that they are busy with 100+ cars to be invoiced.
After waiting for 15 months without a car, it seems like I have to make them look very ugly to get my money back. Porsche, shame on you. I will try to spread the words as much as possible.

stonecold926

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I've been trying to cancel my order since 2 weeks ago after knowing about this news.
My SA is ignoring me and told me that they are busy with 100+ cars to be invoiced.
After waiting for 15 months without a car, it seems like I have to make them look very ugly to get my money back. Porsche, shame on you. I will try to spread the words as much as possible.
I think its more of your local dealership's quality, nothing to do with Porsche tbh

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I think its more of your local dealership's quality, nothing to do with Porsche tbh
Yeah but dealerships are kinda the face of the brand. I wonder how much power Porsche has over the dealerships.

Will they pull the plug on a dealership with constant constant client complaints?

Never thought about this tbh.

restob41

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
In my case, cancelling my order means losing my $5k deposit. Not sure if this is dealership specific (USA - State of VA). I also called 800-Porsche and they told me Porsche can provide compensation upon request to customers affected by this delay but we would have to wait until we receive our vehicles before requesting it. Some dealers might be compensating some of their customers prior to their deliveries but mine isn't...:(

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
In my case, cancelling my order means losing my $5k deposit. Not sure if this is dealership specific (USA - State of VA). I also called 800-Porsche and they told me Porsche can provide compensation upon request to customers affected by this delay but we would have to wait until we receive our vehicles before requesting it. Some dealers might be compensating some of their customers prior to their deliveries but mine isn't...:(
Ask a lawyer perhaps what a reasonable time to deliver is, and at what point it’s considered failure to deliver. If your dealer wants to play hardball, if they claim a multi month delay is acceptable, you could tell them your payment may be multi-month delayed too (maybe waiting for interest rates to drop?), they’d be stuck hanging onto a car, paying interest on it, while you delay your delivery. At ~1% a month it’s not cheap, and they risk that few months down the road you cancel anyways, they get your $5K but paid more in interest already and are now stuck with an old MY car. Maybe that would convince them to let you cancel and keep your deposit?

gryphon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 CRV, 2020 Highlander, 2023 Taycan 4s incoming
Country flag
Well I'll be a monkey's uncle... Finally the car has arrived at the German port. My SA says he expects it to get on a ship by the end of the month, no later than the beginning of May. Fingers crossed, could this mean a delivery by the end of May?!?!? So glad I didn't cancel!!!!! The estimates seem like they were WAY off.

Porsche Taycan All Taycan deliveries being held at port due to needing new heaters Screenshot_20230414_112102_Chrome

PaulBay14

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera
Country flag
Well I'll be a monkey's uncle... Finally the car has arrived at the German port. My SA says he expects it to get on a ship by the end of the month, no later than the beginning of May. Fingers crossed, could this mean a delivery by the end of May?!?!? So glad I didn't cancel!!!!! The estimates seem like they were WAY off.

Screenshot_20230414_112102_Chrome.jpg
Great news do you know where they held the car after production?

DougFrisk

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No longer awaiting a 4CT
Country flag

Screenshot_20230414_112102_Chrome.jpg
Don't get your hopes up quite yet, the ship date is still out there. Your car was clearly manufactured while they were still installing the defective heaters. They have been replacing those heaters at Emden, this may just indicate that they've replaced enough heaters and shipped enough finished cars to make room for your unrepaired car at the port where it will be at the end of the queue for a new heater.

I hope I'm wrong.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
Don't get your hopes up quite yet, the ship date is still out there. Your car was clearly manufactured while they were still installing the defective heaters. They have been replacing those heaters at Emden, this may just indicate that they've replaced enough heaters and shipped enough finished cars to make room for your unrepaired car at the port where it will be at the end of the queue for a new heater.

I hope I'm wrong.
I get what you're saying, but as @PaulBay14 also wondered, where the heck do they keep these cars after production if not at port? I thought they didn't have capacity at Stuttgart for a month's inventory of cars. Seems odd for them to hold his car at the factory for 2 months, only to hold it at the port for another.

Hang in there @gryphon99, you'll get it soon and all this anticipation will become a distant memory and make you appreciate your new baby even more.

PaulBay14

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera
Country flag
I get what you're saying, but as @PaulBay14 also wondered, where the heck do they keep these cars after production if not at port? I thought they didn't have capacity at Stuttgart for a month's inventory of cars. Seems odd for them to hold his car at the factory for 2 months, only to hold it at the port for another.

Hang in there @gryphon99, you'll get it soon and all this anticipation will become a distant memory and make you appreciate your new baby even more.
so mine has been at kehlheim since it was ‘completed’ on the 19th feb. it’s 3.5 hours east from stuggart north of Munich.

Would be interesting if the cars being released we sent to the port then retrofitted the heater or have been at kehlheim
Sponsored