DavidS78

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I have just put down a deposit on a CT 4S and very happy with build (I may have some tweaks!). I’m told

Q1. Can anyone point me in the direction of a thread that clearly explains what happens next re: slots and allocation ( prity confused)

Q2. How big of a difference is full leather interior over standard?

Build:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPG4F773
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Paying a deposit is the easy part.

Getting an allocation for your model variant is quite another and can take months (I've been waiting since Nov'21 fo my GTS ST allocation).

Once you are given an allocation you will then have time to finalise your build. Once done your slot is locked and production starts shortly thereafter and delivery around 3 months after depending.

Best to ask your dealer to explain this from their perspective.

Full leather is 100% preferable if budget permits.

OP
OP
DavidS78

DavidS78

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Thank you
The dealer has told me they have “slots” available for later this year and my car will fill one of those slots.
I have asked for more precise detail on what all this means. Let’s see what happens I guess!

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
Looks great - big wheels and black accents 🤩
One thing I’d flip is matrix and ACC to replace with full leather but highly subjective

If you’re paying for wheel crests it takes you closer to having the alloys painted gloss black, which could turn out great with your theme

No clue about allocations situation in IE but here it’s pretty bad, if one was placing a deposit on a CT4S today it’s highly likely that the car would turn up early ‘24

OP
OP
DavidS78

DavidS78

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Looks great - big wheels and black accents 🤩
One thing I’d flip is matrix and ACC to replace with full leather but highly subjective

If you’re paying for wheel crests it takes you closer to having the alloys painted gloss black, which could turn out great with your theme

No clue about allocations situation in IE but here it’s pretty bad, if one was placing a deposit on a CT4S today it’s highly likely that the car would turn up early ‘24
Thank you for the recommendation.
ive a busy to the dealership next week and may just bite the bullet and add the leather.
Hopi g the lead time ain’t like the UK!

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Yep - nice spec indeed and similar in quite a number of ways to my own (albeit I'm going Gentian Blue).

The dealer promising you a build slot for later this year is excellent as most are struggling with insane wait times. I ordered at the end of December 21 and just got my allocation last month. The car will be built in November with a December delivery all being well. My dealer has told me spec lock-in could be as early as next month so I've stepped away from the configurator which can draw you into bigger and bigger spends lol.

A lot of folks seem to go down the black wheels route and, although I've gone for the black accents as well, I'm not a massive fan and will stick with the stock 21" CT wheels as they are.

I agree that the full leather is an option to seriously consider and would also suggest clicking the model designation in black (ONC) to link in with the other accents? Given the black (ish) theme, did you consider the black brushed aluminium door guards in black? They are a no cost option (VT6) and would go well imho.

Anyway, congrats on choosing a Taycan and I'd definitely recommend a good old hunt around the forum - there's a mountain of cracking info and advice available.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thank you
The dealer has told me they have “slots” available for later this year and my car will fill one of those slots.
I have asked for more precise detail on what all this means. Let’s see what happens I guess!
Grab a slot (allocation and build). Job done.

OP
OP
DavidS78

DavidS78

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Yep - nice spec indeed and similar in quite a number of ways to my own (albeit I'm going Gentian Blue).

The dealer promising you a build slot for later this year is excellent as most are struggling with insane wait times. I ordered at the end of December 21 and just got my allocation last month. The car will be built in November with a December delivery all being well. My dealer has told me spec lock-in could be as early as next month so I've stepped away from the configurator which can draw you into bigger and bigger spends lol.

A lot of folks seem to go down the black wheels route and, although I've gone for the black accents as well, I'm not a massive fan and will stick with the stock 21" CT wheels as they are.

I agree that the full leather is an option to seriously consider and would also suggest clicking the model designation in black (ONC) to link in with the other accents? Given the black (ish) theme, did you consider the black brushed aluminium door guards in black? They are a no cost option (VT6) and would go well imho.

Anyway, congrats on choosing a Taycan and I'd definitely recommend a good old hunt around the forum - there's a mountain of cracking info and advice available.
Thank you
I was all set on Gentian blue also until I saw the Carmine red in the dealership —wow!

The black wheel were considered but I fear a scuff/scratch which would stand out more on black (I’m still planning to stay away from kerbs but I’m a cautious person!)

Your suggestions on the model designation and door guards are on my tweakedList of add ons . I’m trying to avoid configuring more builds right now as I’m near on getting sucked into a lot more expense!

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
Looks great! You should consider having the model script on the back of the car in gloss black so as to match the black trim theme of the rest of the car. The Porsche script on the back of the car in black would look good too, but is a bit pricey for that option IMHO. I had full leather in my other Porsches and this one has only the standard partial leather. It is fine and I don't find myself lamenting not having the full leather.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The standard interior is nice and you won’t be sad you have it if budget doesn’t permit. If you can afford the extended leather and can handle the upkeep, go for it. I have the standard interior (and little kids) and it works well for my needs. If I had to do it over again, I’d probably upgrade, but I had a strict budget. Standard interior pics attached (wood and neodyme being extras, of course).

Porsche Taycan Allocation and Slots!? 2E10FE52-7908-4B43-9622-8DCB1E58654C

Porsche Taycan Allocation and Slots!? C2C99CB0-77AF-410E-AA65-3CEC7F7F6AB0

Porsche Taycan Allocation and Slots!? AC13F231-FDAC-4852-9FA3-29DDDE07F3BA

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
Thank you
I was all set on Gentian blue also until I saw the Carmine red in the dealership —wow!

The black wheel were considered but I fear a scuff/scratch which would stand out more on black (I’m still planning to stay away from kerbs but I’m a cautious person!)

Your suggestions on the model designation and door guards are on my tweakedList of add ons . I’m trying to avoid configuring more builds right now as I’m near on getting sucked into a lot more expense!
Fair point on scratching the wheels. I have Vesuvius Gray wheels. They look really great. However, i got a very small nick on one of them. It could be very easily touched up. So I contacted Porsche about getting some touch up paint in that color and was told Porsche will not supply that. They do in all other colors, just not Vesuvius Gray. So I have to go to a body shop and have them make up some of the paint for me. I find this ridiculous on Porsche's part. :mad:

OP
OP
DavidS78

DavidS78

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
The standard interior is nice and you won’t be sad you have it if budget doesn’t permit. If you can afford the extended leather and can handle the upkeep, go for it. I have the standard interior (and little kids) and it works well for my needs. If I had to do it over again, I’d probably upgrade, but I had a strict budget. Standard interior pics attached (wood and neodyme being extras, of course).

2E10FE52-7908-4B43-9622-8DCB1E58654C.jpeg

C2C99CB0-77AF-410E-AA65-3CEC7F7F6AB0.jpeg

AC13F231-FDAC-4852-9FA3-29DDDE07F3BA.jpeg
Thank you for the reply
Your balanced viewpoint is right where my mind is now. Pending a final in person comparison in the showroom I may just raid my siblings inheritance pool for the full leather!

OP
OP
DavidS78

DavidS78

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Fair point on scratching the wheels. I have Vesuvius Gray wheels. They look really great. However, i got a very small nick on one of them. It could be very easily touched up. So I contacted Porsche about getting some touch up paint in that color and was told Porsche will not supply that. They do in all other colors, just not Vesuvius Gray. So I have to go to a body shop and have them make up some of the paint for me. I find this ridiculous on Porsche's part. :mad:
Thants a poor reply from Porsche. Disappointing to say the least.

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag

2E10FE52-7908-4B43-9622-8DCB1E58654C.jpeg

C2C99CB0-77AF-410E-AA65-3CEC7F7F6AB0.jpeg

AC13F231-FDAC-4852-9FA3-29DDDE07F3BA.jpeg
I also went with the standard interior (although black) based on recommendation from the salesperson and having kids int eh car.

In fact, the first demo I tried didn't have full leather and I hadn't noticed until the salesperson asked me what I thought of the interior and then mentioned the absence of full leather. In my 991 911 it was much more obvious that full leather was needed but in the Taycan I wasn't bothered. This is a car that I use to go to areas when I can go skiing, cycling, etc. so having a hard-wearing interior that still looks nice was a strong selling point for me.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I've a Turbo S on order from Porsche Centre Dublin.

Dates:

March 2022:
Deposit and order interest recorded
June 2022: Commission number and allocation secured (V200)
Sept 2022: Build locks
Nov 2022 (est.): Build/manufacture
Dec 2022 (est.): Delivery to dealership
Sponsored

Last edited: