Kakatus10

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Poverty Spec Taycan 4S 21'
Country flag
My colleague in Weissach says they’re revitalizing the “960” moniker [the name of the dev car that became the Taycan] and applying it to a coupe/convertible variant. I cannot confirm this as true, but everything from my contacts within PAG has more or less come to fruition.

This is fantastic news if they can get this car under 4Klbs. with a short wheel base two-door.

Thoughts?
They'd be lucky to hit 4k lbs if its a mass volume vehicle (using more conventional materials), likely closer to 4250 lbs, but still a massive improvement over the 5k lb variants of the Taycan.

Rational, the Lotus Elise was a 2k lb vehicle, after adding an electric drivetrain with a 53 kwh it became 750 lbs heavier.

They Cayman is a 3.2k lb vehicle, the Taycan 93 KWH pack weights 1400 lbs (compared to the 700 lb pack in the 2008 Tesla Roadster). So, assuming the pack is ~75-85 KWH, it will weight at least 1000-1200 lbs, so I expect a final weight of ~4250 lbs.
Sponsored

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
For what it's worth, I haven't heard any of these rumors from my chats with Porsche. It makes sense generally speaking though. For me, I purchased the Taycan over a 911 Cab, but would certainly jump on the opportunity of a Taycan Cab.