Aluminium Rhombus Package

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S (due Dec), Porsche GT3, Land Rover Discovery, VW Transporter T6, Mini Cooper (Classic)
Country flag
Has anyone any pictures of this Aluminium Rhombus interior package? I want to break up the dark interior and wondered if this would be an alternative to the Neodyme which I am not that keen on.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S (due Dec), Porsche GT3, Land Rover Discovery, VW Transporter T6, Mini Cooper (Classic)
Country flag
Has anyone any pictures of this Aluminium Rhombus interior package? I want to break up the dark interior and wondered if this would be an alternative to the Neodyme which I am not that keen on.
That's really helpful. It covers a much bigger part of the door area than I expected! Is that combined with the dark silver trim?

OP
OP

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here you go. Looks amazing in person.

IMG_3051.jpeg

IMG_3052.jpeg

IMG_3053.jpeg

IMG_3054.jpeg
That's really helpful. It covers a much bigger part of the door area than I expected! Is that combined with the dark silver trim?

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
It's the standard interior trim.

I didn't spec the car. I purchased it off the dealer lot. When I was speccing cars to order I never considered the Rhombus trim. But it really pops when you get into the car. It was the first thing I noticed and it gets a lot of compliments.

hox1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla X, 2016 Tesla S, 2020 Taycan 4S Dolomite Silver
Country flag
It's a must-have option, really lightens up an otherwise very dark interior. I added the body color accents in addition so the dolomite silver slashes next to the aluminum really make the interior modern art.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Note that you can also get the interior trim painted in the exterior color of your car. This is what I did (Black interior, Carmine Red Exterior and interior trim)

OP
OP

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Note that you can also get the interior trim painted in the exterior color of your car. This is what I did (Black interior, Carmine Red Exterior and interior trim)
I did think of that but bizarrely, you cant get the interior trim in Cherry Red! As I am keeping the silver/aluminium accents with the exterior colour, neodyme wouldn't work on the interior. I then thought about switchiung out the all Black leather interior for a two tone leather but in truth I am not a big fan of light seat coverings. Aluminium Rhombus might just be the answer :)

BruceF

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hello @Woody,

I am in the exact same situation I think you are in. I have a Cherry Metallic Taycan on order and chose black interior for the same reason - I am not a fan of the lighter seat options but was also looking for something to spruce up the black interior. I also decided the Neodyme trim did not work for me so am considering the Aluminum Rhombus package.

Per your question above about the dark silver trim package - i thin @manitou202 has a Turbo S and from what I saw in the configurator with a Turbo S it changes the trim to dark silver with black. If you are getting the Turbo instead of the Turbo S (as is the case for me) then I think you would need to add on the silver trim to get that.

Hope that helps. If you decide to get the Aluminum Rhombus please post that - it would be helpful to hear your decision on that. I am still on the fence - my build locks Sept 30.

Out of curiosity - what did you settle on for your wheels with the Cherry Metallic? I debated a lot but ultimately settled on the Satin platinum painted Mission E wheels.

-Bruce

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
You have to select the Dark Silver accents separately, it doesn't come with the black leather interior.

OP
OP

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hello @Woody,

I am in the exact same situation I think you are in. I have a Cherry Metallic Taycan on order and chose black interior for the same reason - I am not a fan of the lighter seat options but was also looking for something to spruce up the black interior. I also decided the Neodyme trim did not work for me so am considering the Aluminum Rhombus package.

Per your question above about the dark silver trim package - i thin @manitou202 has a Turbo S and from what I saw in the configurator with a Turbo S it changes the trim to dark silver with black. If you are getting the Turbo instead of the Turbo S (as is the case for me) then I think you would need to add on the silver trim to get that.

Hope that helps. If you decide to get the Aluminum Rhombus please post that - it would be helpful to hear your decision on that. I am still on the fence - my build locks Sept 30.

Out of curiosity - what did you settle on for your wheels with the Cherry Metallic? I debated a lot but ultimately settled on the Satin platinum painted Mission E wheels.

-Bruce
Yes I am going for the Turbo only not the S and realise I would need to spec the Dark Silver Trim separately.
I went with the Mission E wheels but left them standard (gloss black with silver rims as I think they pick out the other silver accents around the car. I added the ‘electric’ side badge to further enhance the silver bits and left the window trims in silver. That’s why I think the Rhombus interior trim would work well and carry the theme through to the inside. I have selected Black calipers with the Mission E Wheels as the White calipers didn’t seem right with the rest of the colour theme. Hope that all makes sense?

BruceF

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yes I am going for the Turbo only not the S and realise I would need to spec the Dark Silver Trim separately.
I went with the Mission E wheels but left them standard (gloss black with silver rims as I think they pick out the other silver accents around the car. I added the ‘electric’ side badge to further enhance the silver bits and left the window trims in silver. That’s why I think the Rhombus interior trim would work well and carry the theme through to the inside. I have selected Black calipers with the Mission E Wheels as the White calipers didn’t seem right with the rest of the colour theme. Hope that all makes sense?
Yes - makes perfect sense and sounds like a great build!

From your looking or to anyone who has the Aluminum Rhombus - do you think it is important to get dark silver with that or would the normal black trim look good with Aluminum Rhombus?

OP
OP

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

From your looking or to anyone who has the Aluminum Rhombus - do you think it is important to get dark silver with that or would the normal black trim look good with Aluminum Rhombus?
I am going with the dark silver, simply because I have also ordered the chrono and it lightens up the dial face. It also lightens up the trim around the dash vents and cup holders but still provides a contrast against the Rhombus. I drove an all black standard interior demo car last week and it felt so dark and sombre and that was enough to convince me that I definitely needed to do something with the interior trim to ‘lift’ it.

hox1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla X, 2016 Tesla S, 2020 Taycan 4S Dolomite Silver
Country flag

i got the dark silver and it looks great. The contrast with the all black leather is perfect
Sponsored