f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I am still wondering whether there is any difference in leather in seat center in Standard vs Full leather car, I mean is it only Leatherette in seat center in standard version?
In the standard partial leather interior only the seat centres and the inner parts of the seat bolsters are leather, the rest is faux leather, including the headrest and the outer parts of the seat bolsters.
There really isn't much leather in the "partial leather" interior at all.
There is a great deal in the full leather version.
Sponsored

OP
OP

isrihel

First Name
Inderjit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
No, the entire seat.
Ok, so the entire seat in Standard is only leatherette. I checked one car today in Standard version and it looked like real leather but it was not that soft, it felt like dry leather

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
No, the entire seat.
Unless I am misunderstanding what you meant this is not correct. The Seat interior is leather, the trim pieces are wrapped in Leatherette. In Full Leather package trim pieces are wrapped in real leather. Although it all feels about the same. If you're really concerned about leather feel get full leather.

Last edited:
OP
OP

isrihel

First Name
Inderjit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Unless I am misunderstanding what you meant this is not correct. The Seat interior is leather, the trim pieces are wrapped in Leatherette. In Full Leather package trim pieces are wrapped in real leather. Although it all feels about the same. If you're really concerned about leather feel get full leather.
No wonder its easy to get confused, what about this photo that I found, is it correct that the Orange parts in these pictures are real leather, Standard version on left side
Porsche Taycan Amount/quality of leather in Taycan Screenshot_20210916_220930_com.facebook.katana

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Everything that is leatherette in standard interior is smooth leather in full leather option:
- seat cushions & backs (grained/rough leatherette)
- center console & lid
- door panels
- upper and lower dash (grain-type on top section)
- airbag
Full leather has stitched dashboard, door panels incl. center section by handles, center console. Best to compare both in person.

Reactions: B61

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Everything that is leatherette in standard interior is smooth leather in full leather option:
- seat cushions & backs (grained/rough leatherette)
- center console & lid
- door panels
- upper and lower dash (grain-type on top section)
- airbag
Full leather has stitched dashboard, door panels incl. center section by handles, center console. Best to compare both in person.
this is not correct. Standard is partial leather in the seats. I know you seem a little passionate about this but it’s not right to spread misinformation. The standard interior has leather seats and leatherette covering everywhere else. The full leather adds leather “everywhere else”.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I went to my dealer on Thursday and compared 2 Taycans, one with full leather the other partial.
Frankly the most obvious difference is some rows of stitching!
The plastic parts are extremely high quality and whilst the full leather is really nice the standard partiial is fine.
If I was choosing the black, grey or chalk-beige interior available in partial I think shelling out the extra money is a very personal thing and I am still debating it in my mind.
I am glad I went to try it for myself since I am now seriously considering the partial leather which I was not until I experienced it for myself.
I think the expensive leather-free interior shares the non leather parts of the partial leather interior so the quality has to be high anyway.

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I went to my dealer on Thursday and compared 2 Taycans, one with full leather the other partial.
The plastic parts are extremely high quality and whilst the full leather is really nice the standard partiial is fine.
If I was choosing the black, grey or chalk-beige interior available in partial I think shelling out the extra money is a very personal thing and I am still debating it in my mind.
I am glad I went to try it for myself since I am now seriously considering the partial leather which I was not until I experienced it for myself.
I think the expensive leather-free interior shares the non leather parts of the partial leather interior so the quality has to be high anyway.
this was my conclusion as well.

OP
OP

isrihel

First Name
Inderjit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
One more question if some of you may know, is it true that if I choose Standard interior along with 18 W seats I will get more leather in the seats versus choosing 14 W Comfort seats in Standard interior ?

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
That was also my observation testing a 4S with leather coming from my basic CT4. I took some pictures

Porsche Taycan Amount/quality of leather in Taycan F1B25BA9-F667-4783-B0B0-10B51ED4D88E

Porsche Taycan Amount/quality of leather in Taycan 0C220AC3-724A-4DFE-8F11-F23C39011B62

Porsche Taycan Amount/quality of leather in Taycan 8CCCEE96-13C7-4447-A46D-FCBB82649C65

Porsche Taycan Amount/quality of leather in Taycan 18B48964-8E1E-497C-80BE-D3CFF13D3121

Reactions: B61

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
One more question if some of you may know, is it true that if I choose Standard interior along with 18 W seats I will get more leather in the seats versus choosing 14 W Comfort seats in Standard interior ?
Only because of the shoulder bolsters if so. Negligible.

ROBGREEN5471

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport (soon to be Taycan CT4S
Country flag
I’ve got a 22 CT 4S in Crayon that has boarded a ship today and should be in the UK for Monday. Excited is an understatement!
I went for full leather but mainly as I wanted the 2 tone crayon and black interior. I personally do love the stitching on the full leather as someone else said earlier in the thread it just oozes quality IMO.
I’ll let you know my thoughts when I pick it up………26th November as it stands. ?

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
I’ve got a 22 CT 4S in Crayon that has boarded a ship today and should be in the UK for Monday. Excited is an understatement!
I went for full leather but mainly as I wanted the 2 tone crayon and black interior. I personally do love the stitching on the full leather as someone else said earlier in the thread it just oozes quality IMO.
I’ll let you know my thoughts when I pick it up………26th November as it stands. ?
Sounds great. Do post some pictures (when you’ve stopped smiling).

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
this is not correct. Standard is partial leather in the seats. I know you seem a little passionate about this but it’s not right to spread misinformation. The standard interior has leather seats and leatherette covering everywhere else. The full leather adds leather “everywhere else”.
The seat material is not smooth leather on standard interior. It's the pebble "leather".
Sponsored