Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I feel like you are drastically overestimating the leather experience in your mind due to regret.
Of the cars I’ve had this full leather ranks far below BMW individual, Mercedes designo, and Bentley. This is by far the worst value leather package around. But in contrast the standard is great for free
Aren't those other cars offering the Napa leather compared to the Porsche standard leather?

Full leather is just more leather, not better leather.
IMO when paying for a $100k car, full leather should be standard
Sponsored

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
Aren't those other cars offering the Napa leather compared to the Porsche standard leather?

Full leather is just more leather, not better leather.
IMO when paying for a $100k car, full leather should be standard
Yes but at comparable prices! Thus why the Porsche full leather is such a terrible value. BMW Individual Nappa leather on a X7 is a 5k option. This includes hand stitching and incredible feel. The comparable Taycan option is nothing in comparison.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes but at comparable prices! Thus why the Porsche full leather is such a terrible value. BMW Individual Nappa leather on a X7 is a 5k option. This includes hand stitching and incredible feel. The comparable Taycan option is nothing in comparison.
No argument here. I'm sure ADAS and puddle lights are also standard on that X7

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
I've spent time on the interior question. Anyone here has had the Olea leather in basalt black and has opinions about it ?

I like the deep black color of the standard interior @ $0, but without the dash trims and stitching, it doesn't feel nice in a car costing beyond $100k. Yes, one can live with it. I didn't mind it on my $50k cayman. Olea has a dark gray shade and standard has a dark blue shade, so it makes a bit more confusing to pick if you want jet black like me. The two tone really does justice to the design but the black/chalk has chalk which is a very light grey (very unlike the configurator). Black/red is a bit too bright. If you like dark interiors, it's difficult to go with the red -> which is very beautiful.

Look wise, both full black leather and olea are similar except back of seats. Here are some pictures I've found, while trying to figure out between the 2. Left is full leather. Right is Olea leather. In comparison, standard leather you don't get the trim, stitch and only the seats are leather.

Also, Taycan and Taycan 4S, don't have the faceted roof lining ? Any thoughts on it ? It's $1690

Porsche Taycan Amount/quality of leather in Taycan Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 6.52.02 PM

Porsche Taycan Amount/quality of leather in Taycan Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 6.52.17 PM

Porsche Taycan Amount/quality of leather in Taycan Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 6.53.43 PM

Porsche Taycan Amount/quality of leather in Taycan Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 6.54.25 PM

Porsche Taycan Amount/quality of leather in Taycan Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 6.54.55 PM
Porsche Taycan Amount/quality of leather in Taycan Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 6.55.21 PM

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
Good choice. :cool:
Thanks. Colors are a bit truer in the photo below. Honestly, the pictures don't do it justice.

Anyway, full leather provides an ambiance that you don't get with standard, IMHO.

Porsche Taycan Amount/quality of leather in Taycan IMG_0976

Last edited:
Reactions: B61

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
Also, Taycan and Taycan 4S, don't have the faceted roof lining ? Any thoughts on it ? It's $1690
I got the $1690 Race Tex roof liner. I really like it and think it adds a lot. In combo with the full leather option it makes the interior a really nice place to be. My $.02.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
im curious if anyone regrets standard. I hear lots of leather folks say they would but none of the standard folk.
No regrets on standard interior. 3rd p-car with standard interior. @XLR82XS would be very disappointed in me. ?

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I got the $1690 Race Tex roof liner. I really like it and think it adds a lot. In combo with the full leather option it makes the interior a really nice place to be. My $.02.
I wish I'd gotten that. My previous Porsche came with that standard, I didn't realize it wasn't the case for the Taycan and (my mistake) didn't exhaustively go through all options in the configurator.

That, along with something better than the cheap-ass plastic on the b-pillar...

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Good choice. :cool:
IMG_3051.jpg
I really never bother with extra interior trim etc and didn't even consider non standard trim options on the Taycan.
I also wanted to keep the car in budget.

But I have to say, that really looks absolutely gorgeous.

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Whether to get full leather vs. standard right now is one of my most difficult decisions for my Gentian Blue RWD. My wife has limited my options to limestone beige or black (or gray but eh!). She won't go with chalk (or even the Olea Beige) as she doesn't like the two tones in the seats. No other interior color really goes well with blue.

Both of those choices (limestone beige and black) look very similar to me in standard or full leather. However, the black looked cheaper to me in standard than the full. While the beige pleather looked actually really nice when I saw it in standard lately. I also think having the beige armrest in leather may get worn more easily due to my elbow constantly on it.

I also saw a few folks comment how they like the standard limestone beige just fine.

So right now I am leaning toward standard limestone beige just to save the money and put toward other options (like rear wheel steering or chrono). The upgrade is a greater % of price than on higher end Turbo or 4S, so maybe is more reasonable to stay standard on RWD.

Just don't know.....tough call.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What is the difference between Olea and full leather?

Leather quality is softer, stained differently, uses higher grade, less stretched hide. Has a more grainy texture. Better cow hide with less blemishes, Think of Aniline
It smells different due to the natural staining process. (Olea is an olive)

Additional Leather on the back of the front seat is in leather.

Neodyme accent and the sport Chrono clock dial is in neodyme

Standard leather is sanded down for uniformity, removing blemishes and stretched. This makes it less supple than Olea. Hide quality is good, not as good as Olea, but more durable.

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
Whether to get full leather vs. standard right now is one of my most difficult decisions for my Gentian Blue RWD. My wife has limited my options to limestone beige or black (or gray but eh!). She won't go with chalk (or even the Olea Beige) as she doesn't like the two tones in the seats. No other interior color really goes well with blue.

Both of those choices (limestone beige and black) look very similar to me in standard or full leather. However, the black looked cheaper to me in standard than the full. While the beige pleather looked actually really nice when I saw it in standard lately. I also think having the beige armrest in leather may get worn more easily due to my elbow constantly on it.

I also saw a few folks comment how they like the standard limestone beige just fine.

So right now I am leaning toward standard limestone beige just to save the money and put toward other options (like rear wheel steering or chrono). The upgrade is a greater % of price than on higher end Turbo or 4S, so maybe is more reasonable to stay standard on RWD.

Just don't know.....tough call.
Get the limestone (which I'd prefer light in synthetic anyways). But Sport Chrono on a RWD is an interesting question, you want it for handling characteristics? Because it doesn't do much for performance at the RWD level. I occasionally wish I got Rear wheel steering in SF, tight streets and its a long car. Are you getting Air suspension? Because that is absolutely amazing on the Taycan.

However my most honest opinion is to get a base 4S with just the premium package since you get a bunch of standard features you have to pay for on the RWD.

Mus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I have the Olea Club leather. I find it to be fantastic - from the comfort of the seats, luxurious feel of the steering wheel. It just feels so much more premium. Better than loaner Taycan 4S the dealership gave me, which I believe it was standard leather. So superior to my Cayenne, and previous 911, and other loaner Porsches I have driven. I just love it! Cheers.
Sponsored