DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Get the limestone (which I'd prefer light in synthetic anyways). But Sport Chrono on a RWD is an interesting question, you want it for handling characteristics? Because it doesn't do much for performance at the RWD level. I occasionally wish I got Rear wheel steering in SF, tight streets and its a long car. Are you getting Air suspension? Because that is absolutely amazing on the Taycan.

However my most honest opinion is to get a base 4S with just the premium package since you get a bunch of standard features you have to pay for on the RWD.
Sticking with RWD, but definitely getting air suspension. I am beginning to question need for sports chrono on RWD. I think pressing sport button will get me that sportier drive without need for Sport Plus.

So you are saying you think standard interior limestone will look good?
Sponsored

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
If you are on a budget I’d say full leather and chrono are easy options to avoid. As far as I can tell chrono adds (beyond the daft clock) this 1 setting difference, a Sport plus drive mode. Otherwise just hit the sport mode button and a click on the dash top right of the wheel for the sport plus chassis setting if you want it (which hardly makes any difference to the sport setting). What this sport plus mode driving setting does is hard to say? I toggled between sport and sport plus a few times and the only difference I noticed is the sound. Also sat in a full leather car and it feels a bit nicer than the standard interior but IMO the benefit is negligible unless this is something you’re particularly sensitive too

Porsche Taycan Amount/quality of leather in Taycan 2C95A539-B7F1-43ED-95C7-4BE25F229611

Porsche Taycan Amount/quality of leather in Taycan CA383E53-F3BA-4956-AD56-C4AAE93A74DE

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I have the Olea Club leather. I find it to be fantastic - from the comfort of the seats, luxurious feel of the steering wheel. It just feels so much more premium. Better than loaner Taycan 4S the dealership gave me, which I believe it was standard leather. So superior to my Cayenne, and previous 911, and other loaner Porsches I have driven. I just love it! Cheers.
Olea is equivalent to the Napa leather option of other Luxury car brands

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
Sticking with RWD, but definitely getting air suspension. I am beginning to question need for sports chrono on RWD. I think pressing sport button will get me that sportier drive without need for Sport Plus.

So you are saying you think standard interior limestone will look good?
With air suspension you get sport plus handling mode. Without sport chrono.

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
With air suspension you get sport plus handling mode. Without sport chrono.
Do tell. How do you access that? Is that a chassis option from center panel?

Boy, this would seal the deal on not getting chrono for me. Money better spent on rear steering.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Do tell. How do you access that? Is that a chassis option from center panel?

Boy, this would seal the deal on not getting chrono for me. Money better spent on rear steering.
I think it’s on the center PCM, but there’s also a button on the right side of the instrument cluster. I don’t have sport chrono, but I leave the suspension in sport plus all of the time.

Porsche Taycan Amount/quality of leather in Taycan F5FF82DF-8BCF-4FA2-813F-33D474E0993F

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
I have the Olea Club leather. I find it to be fantastic - from the comfort of the seats, luxurious feel of the steering wheel. It just feels so much more premium. Better than loaner Taycan 4S the dealership gave me, which I believe it was standard leather. So superior to my Cayenne, and previous 911, and other loaner Porsches I have driven. I just love it! Cheers.
Hi,
how do you compare it to the full leather - black. Other than the stitching and back seats. More in terms of feel and color ? i’m split between picking which one to go with. And I haven’t got the roof lining in racetex.

Mus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Maddie, I find the Olea leather is the best option. You won’t regret it. It feels like heaven sitting on the seats, wrapping your hands around the steering wheel. I have my leather is basalt black/meranti brown. Is more a medium grey with hints of brown tones. Interior pillars and roof in alcantara. Ext color is metallic black. Best of luck. Cheers.

Reactions: B61

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
Ultimately I think the standard interior is not great, but good enough. I agree with everyone - full leather should just be standard on this car, but I don't think the full leather interior is that great either. I know Porsche doesn't care because it's the same on all their cars.

What I really don't understand is the premium for vegan interior - thats a huge price to pay for race-tex with pretty much a standard interior. I would have picked race-tex over standard if it were the same price (Free).

dmattingly23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
It’s only money, and we live onlly once :rock:
(truffle-brown)
I ordered a CT with truffle brown (still waiting for delivery) and I’m looking forward to seeing the color and quality. Tbh, I was torn, a lot of the comments online say the photos don’t do it justice but most of the negative comments seem to come from people who don’t have it in their car. In fact, many owners with TB seem to love the classy and rich look, quality, smell, etc. Did you go through the same process when first deciding to get it?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
my wife selected truffle-brown….then, i’ve seen it in person and IMO, it’s 1st class material.

OP
OP

isrihel

First Name
Inderjit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have heard that 18 w seats have more leather than standard, so this is not correct?
Standard leather: Seat centers (front and rear), Inner seat bolsters (front and rear)
Note: Steering wheel rim in smooth-finish leather.
Standard w/18-way: same.
Full (smooth) leather:
  • Seat bolsters (front and rear)
  • Headrests (front and rear)
  • Dashboard upper, front and lower sections
  • Center console main storage compartment lid
  • Center console side panel
  • Door armrests (front and rear)
  • Center door trim (front and rear)
  • Door panels (front and rear)
  • Decorative areas in the doors (front and rear)
The quality is not as premium with standard interiors. Textured pleather type material vs. soft smooth real leather. I wouldn't order a Porsche without full leather.
I am still wondering whether there is any difference in leather in seat center in Standard vs Full leather car, I mean is it only Leatherette in seat center in standard version?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I am still wondering whether there is any difference in leather in seat center in Standard vs Full leather car, I mean is it only Leatherette in seat center in standard version?
No, the entire seat.
Sponsored