ANA 6 recall : dealers not able to apply?

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
I recently went to the Porsche web site and got the message that my car was subject to the ANA6 recall and I should contact my dealer. Got a service appointment online (a mistake!) and took it in today. Sadly, the dealer said they did not yet have the ability to apply the patch. Has anyone had this patch applied yet?
Sponsored

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
I recently went to the Porsche web site and got the message that my car was subject to the ANA6 recall and I should contact my dealer. Got a service appointment online (a mistake!) and took it in today. Sadly, the dealer said they did not yet have the ability to apply the patch. Has anyone had this patch applied yet?
While I don't yet have a Taycan I went by my local Porsche dealership to ask some questions and basically drool over the Taycan's they have there and of course other models. My SA basically told me they have a "stop sale" right now because of NOT being able to apply PCM updates as well as the wiring repair of the seat ( I believe there is a recall for this too??). He did not know WHY they couldn't do the work but they have 4 or 5 people lined up to buy the couple of Taycans they have there and the dealership will not let the sales people sell them until the update or repair can be done.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I have an appointment for the ANA6 update on 26-Jul. Will report back in a couple of weeks.
When I look at the ANA6 recall text on MyPorsche it says " THE REMEDY FOR THIS RECALL IS NOT YET AVAILABLE.". I thought the first availability of the software update for the recall was supposed to be in early/mid-August?

OP
OP
RBGtaycan

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
When I look at the ANA6 recall text on MyPorsche it says " THE REMEDY FOR THIS RECALL IS NOT YET AVAILABLE.". I thought the first availability of the software update for the recall was supposed to be in early/mid-August?
This is what I see on My Porsche:

Current recall campaigns
Taycan

WP0……………..

There are currently 1 recall notice(s) for your vehicle. (my comment: ANA 6 is specified)

Please schedule a service appointment with your Authorized Porsche Dealer soon.

Schedule a service appointment

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
This is what I see on My Porsche:

Current recall campaigns
Taycan

WP0……………..

There are currently 1 recall notice(s) for your vehicle. (my comment: ANA 6 is specified)

Please schedule a service appointment with your Authorized Porsche Dealer soon.

Schedule a service appointment
If I expand the recall notice I see the following:
Porsche Taycan ANA 6 recall : dealers not able to apply? 1657561133102

Note that in the "Corrective measures" it states the remedy is not yet available.

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CrossTurismo Turbo
Country flag
Humm, the recall does not seem to be available in Canada yet....hopefully the announcement will clear things out. User of Android, definitely need Android Auto!

mokre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
I had the same problem with ANA 5 (the wiring harness recall under the seat). I'm rather annoyed with Porsche - if the remedy isn't ready don't ask us to book appointments with dealers. They are busy enough as is without frivolous appointments taking up time.

I also asked about ANA6 and was told that my car doesn't show as needing it, which I found strange given the other info here in the forum... alas hopefully we'll get more info later this week..

Taycanpwr

First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I have an appointment for the ANA6 update on 26-Jul. Will report back in a couple of weeks.
I just bought a very low miles 2021 4s and was supposed to pick it up this week and now they have to hold it until this update happens 😳 wondering if I made the right decision. I traded my 2019 911….hopeful since it’s just software they will get it sorted asap. My car was not part of the seat recall thankfully.

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
I just bought a very low miles 2021 4s and was supposed to pick it up this week and now they have to hold it until this update happens 😳 wondering if I made the right decision. I traded my 2019 911….hopeful since it’s just software they will get it sorted asap. My car was not part of the seat recall thankfully.
I tried to schedule an appointment for the PCM update and the ANA 6 recall….I got this back from the dealership at 6pm EST..he didn’t address the unrelated PCM update that’s supposed to be available on or after this coming Wednesday (a second email stated he would let me know about the update when he hears something). Good luck with your new car….are you still driving the 911 until the new car arrives? We had to do that for six months with our Cayman and Macan…it was nerve wracking thinking one (or the other) would get hit before we took delivery.

Hello Tom,

There is an open recall on your car but there is no repair procedure information available yet from Porsche.

Thanks,

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had the same thing happen except that my previous experience with Porsche recalls informed me not to make an appointment but to drop by to see what’s up. Like you, the service manager informed me that Porsche has yet delivered the patch. He told me to check back in a couple of months.

Last edited:

Taycanpwr

First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I tried to schedule an appointment for the PCM update and the ANA 6 recall….I got this back from the dealership at 6pm EST..he didn’t address the unrelated PCM update that’s supposed to be available on or after this coming Wednesday (a second email stated he would let me know about the update when he hears something). Good luck with your new car….are you still driving the 911 until the new car arrives? We had to do that for six months with our Cayman and Macan…it was nerve wracking thinking one (or the other) would get hit before we took delivery.

Hello Tom,

There is an open recall on your car but there is no repair procedure information available yet from

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hi Tom
I am trying not to drive the 911. We are Leaving town till the 25th so I’m hoping the update will be out shortly after I get home…
Good morning…hoping for a quick solution for all of this, once again, congrats on your pending delivery, this forum is a great source for all things Taycan. The learning curve was lessened by visiting here in the months, weeks and days leading up to our delivery in April. Have a great week.

Taycanpwr

First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I had the same thing happen except that my previous experience with Porsche recalls informed me not to make an appointment but to drop by to see what’s up. Like you, the service manager informed me that Porsche has yet delivered the patch. He told me to check back in a couple of months.
Sponsored