ANA 6 recall : dealers not able to apply?

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
My ANA6 update has been rescheduled from 26-Jul to 5-Aug due to my scheduling conflicts and the availability of a loaner. The PIWIS software update is available, but yet to be installed. Hopefully, by the time my car is in the shop at the end of next week the dealer will have applied the ANA6 update to at least one other Taycan.
Sponsored

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Unbelievable! Not having the latest SW on their tools seems like they just do not care. More and more disappointed with Porsche.
I dont know - I certainly disagree with this perspective overall. It feels very "Karen".

The rollout has only recently been shared publicly and information shared suggested that it was in order of a planned rolling deployment. So, all of us jumping ahead and creating service appointments are out of sync with the information being shared. So, if there was a hiccup its because we the impatient are breaking the order of things. Expect that to be a bit of a rocky road.

So less unbelievable and more of a reset in expectations. The reality is that they didn't have to upgrade the fleet - this is far beyond what I expected but certainly reinforces the brand's commitment to quality.

Im not a fanboi....just a realist.

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I dont know - I certainly disagree with this perspective overall. It feels very "Karen".

.....So, all of us jumping ahead and creating service appointments are out of sync with the information being shared.....
It's true that the notification (received in June) about the ANA6 update did indicate that "THE REMEDY FOR THIS RECALL IS NOT YET AVAILABLE". But there was also a prominent red button prompting you to schedule an appointment at the bottom of the message. When I made the first appointment for 18-Jul, I was assured that the required software would be available. There is no excuse for Porsche keeping its dealers in the dark. Dealers should not have accepted the appointment requests to install the ANA6 update if they were not ready to perform the service.

Last edited:

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It's true that the notification (received in June) about the ANA6 update did indicate that "THE REMEDY FOR THIS RECALL IS NOT YET AVAILABLE". But there was also a prominent red button prompting you to schedule an appointment at the bottom of the message. When I made the first appointment for 18-Jul, I was assured that the required software would be available. There is no excuse for Porsche keeping its dealers in the dark. Dealers should not have accepted the appointment requests to install the ANA6 update if they were not ready to perform the service.
unpacking your sequence of events doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

You can make an appointment but there is a clear message saying they don't have a solution. Your dealership says "hold my beer" but has no information on the fix, or confirmation that they will get the solution or instructions by the time you arrive; call it a hunch....then surprise, surprise, nota. I am surprised they were able to slot you an appointment without a fix - they wouldn't have cited ANA6 for your appointment; it wasn't in the system. This would have also been why they wouldn't call you early and ask you to reschedule. Must have been logged under another issue.

All that said, our saying your answer to all of this out loud. You took a chance and it didn't work out - given all of the information you had beforehand, perhaps a quick call to the dealership a day or 2 before might have saved you some time. Blaming the mfg because you didn't want to be confused or distracted by facts is the karen part I was talking about.

It sucks that you took a chance and it didn't work, but that's on you, not the system - they told you a couple of ways that they weren't ready. Now it's available, and the dealerships have the instructions and the fix - getr done!

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
unpacking your sequence of events doesn't make a whole lot of sense....

....It sucks that you took a chance and it didn't work, but that's on you, not the system - they told you a couple of ways that they weren't ready. Now it's available, and the dealerships have the instructions and the fix - getr done!
I did not make the appointment by selecting the option in the notification message received in June. I called it in so I could confirm two things, the availability of a loaner and the availability of the remedy at the time of my original appointment on 18-Jul. I was told both would be available.

My travel plans changed and I rescheduled the appointment for 26-Jul. When I saw others on the forum being told that the fix was not available after arriving for their appointment, I called on 21-Jul to be told that the update was not available. This "new" information was apparently discovered when attempting to apply the update for another customer at the dealer on that morning.

I did not cancel the 26-Jul appointment on the 21st since others on the forum were reporting that the update would be released on 22-Jul and there was still hope that the software could be applied on that date. I waited until 25-Jul when I called and learned that the ANA6 update was available, BUT the PIWIS needed to be updated before the ANA6 fix could be downloaded.

I did not take a chance and drive to the dealership assuming that the tools to do the job would be available. The dealer did not have to cite the ANA6 fix at the time of the appointment, because I did that for them when I specifically asked them if it would be available on the 18th. That's when they could have said "hold my beer" but they did not. My appointment was not logged under another issue, this appointment was specifically for the ANA6 patch.

Having had the screens go blank just as I needed turn on the defrost and being forced to move onto the shoulder blinded by a foggy windshield is a scary experience. I was not surprised that the ANA6 update was the reason for a stop sale hold on Taycan vehicles at dealerships. Clearly the ANA6 is an important update which is why I wanted to get it sooner than later.
Sponsored