ANA5 Recall / Inspection and rework of front seat wiring harnesses NHTSA: #22V278

Iben

First Name
Jean-Are
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S (2020 mod.)
Country flag
Where in my.porsche.com do you find this? I have looked everywhere and I certainly do not have any service details there.
I got a letter from Porsche in Norway
Sponsored

Icey4s

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S, 21 Audi SQ8, 20 330i, 19 M5 C
Country flag
The word from a tech buddy is that parts become available July 5th at PAG and then will be filtered down to the dealers. The delay is not the taping of the wires below the seat but the lack of bolts that secure the seat to the car. They are one time use only. Those replacement bolts are out of stock.
Any chance you could follow up with your buddy to see if they actually received the bolts?

WaltB

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981Spyder, 958.2 GTS, 991.2 TTS, Taycan Turbo,
Country flag
Sure,
Here is what he said, "They released 30% globally with the balance to rollout over the next month."

mikestyle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.1 Turbo + Taycan
Country flag
Sure,
Here is what he said, "They released 30% globally with the balance to rollout over the next month."
Thanks for this info, although really disappointing. Do you know if the bolts are one-time use because:

1. Torque-to-Yield bolts are used (one time use)
2. The bolt threads have lock paste (lock-tight) and when they are removed the paste is ruined?

I wondering if they can re-mount the wiring harness without actually removing the seat?! Therefore not requiring new bolts?

If anyone received these bolts please keep us updated.

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
Thanks for this info, although really disappointing. Do you know if the bolts are one-time use because:

1. Torque-to-Yield bolts are used (one time use)
2. The bolt threads have lock paste (lock-tight) and when they are removed the paste is ruined?

I wondering if they can re-mount the wiring harness without actually removing the seat?! Therefore not requiring new bolts?

If anyone received these bolts please keep us updated.
I had mine done on Friday 1st July. No-one mentioned a shortage of bolts.

Icey4s

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S, 21 Audi SQ8, 20 330i, 19 M5 C
Country flag
I was notified by my dealer today they have the parts and are able to complete the recall

mikestyle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.1 Turbo + Taycan
Country flag
Thanks for the update, luck you! My dealer in Toronto says they should receive the bolts any day now.

Jeff G

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Range Tover, Porsche 911 turbo s
Country flag
Thanks for the update, luck you! My dealer in Toronto says they should receive the bolts any day now.
Hi Mike,

I've been waiting for the bolts for about a month now, so I can pick up my Taycan. Which dealer in Toronto are you working with?

Tx Jeff

mikestyle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.1 Turbo + Taycan
Country flag
Porsche Downtown, bolts came in wed July 20, 2022. Service was completed and I finally got the car yesterday!

Jeff G

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Range Tover, Porsche 911 turbo s
Country flag
Porsche Downtown, bolts came in wed July 20, 2022. Service was completed and I finally got the car yesterday!
Thanks Mike,

Oakville Porsche got there's too so I'm picking up my new Taycan on Thursday. Looks like the remediation of ANA5 has begun, at least in Toronto.
Sponsored