First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
For those of you anticipating this update, here is an update:

I dropped my car at 8AM this morning, was told "we did one of these yesterday and it took all day." No problem, I was expecting to hear that.

At just before noon, SA calls and says "its a 4-step process and the first step did not take." He went on to suggest that I probably won't get the car back today.

They were out of loaners, so here I am without my car. Good thing I also have an electric motorcycle.

Good luck to those of you with this update on the schedule. I'll report back when I have an update on the update.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
Thanks for the warning. I'd thin there may be snags, so I scheduled my appointment early in the week. WFH makes it not a big deal if they need a few days, though, I'd want the car back by the weekend.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
For those of you anticipating this update, here is an update:

I dropped my car at 8AM this morning, was told "we did one of these yesterday and it took all day." No problem, I was expecting to hear that.

At just before noon, SA calls and says "its a 4-step process and the first step did not take." He went on to suggest that I probably won't get the car back today.

They were out of loaners, so here I am without my car. Good thing I also have an electric motorcycle.

Good luck to those of you with this update on the schedule. I'll report back when I have "news"
Yes, but is the ANA6 update really the MY23 PCM update? Or does it just fix flickering screens?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Yes, but is the ANA6 update really the MY23 PCM update? Or does it just fix flickering screens?
It's just screen issue(s) update. There is a larger update which is an entire car update.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
It's just screen issue(s) update. There is a larger update which is an entire car update.
OK. But my dealer told me that the ANA6 update takes 10 hours. I find that odd esp if it's not the PCM update.

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Having already committed the time, I did not quiz the SA on the extent of the update. He described it as "the PCM update." He also elaborated that it won't affect drivetrain performance. Elsewhere on this forum the scope of ANA6 is covered.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hm… I didn’t think ANA6 was anything but the full MY23 PCM update. My dealer told me 2-3 days without the car. I’m not doing that just to fix the screen issue.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
OK. But my dealer told me that the ANA6 update takes 10 hours. I find that odd esp if it's not the PCM update.
It's not. Just got a call from someone who knows well and is having his cars' big update this week.

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's not. Just got a call from someone who knows well and is having his cars' big update this week.
a "big update" that is bigger than a 10-hour update? That's interesting. My receipt says I am getting ANA6. What is the code for the bigger update, what is the scope, and why wouldn't my dealership just tell me to wait for that?

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
It better be the "P" update for it taking over a day to install.

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
The press release and also some illicit leaked dealer comms shared elsewhere put the job at a day. If the shop hasn’t updated their PIWIS units, there’s a time lag with that too (the PCM P update requires a PIWIS update too). I wonder if newer MY’s will require less time? I would expect MY20 to be more of an undertaking than an MY22 already on PCM 6.0.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I wonder if newer MY’s will require less time? I would expect MY20 to be more of an undertaking than an MY22 already on PCM 6.0.
I had the same question. Prior updates that the service bay was concerned about the time on went pretty quickly on my 2021.

So, I asked - and this update is apparently lengthy for all.

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
I think the stop-sale affected and first-to-schedule folks (sorry @DerekS) are going to experience the longest turnarounds, while techs get to grips with this update.

Sucks to be without the car for longer than expected. When I get mine done mid August, I’ll be conservative and assume the job could bleed into the second day.

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
I just got booked service for 8/23….the earliest I could get a loaner….they said expect two days. This is strictly for ANA6, but I’m hoping those other software upgrades are rolling along by the time I get there in four weeks or so.
Sponsored