nav1

First Name
nav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jaguar
Country flag
Having owned the taycan for just over 2 weeks ; I was just speaking to my OH this morning telling her that the taycan is the best car I have ever owned ; I then proceeded to go to work ; to find the taycan bricked in my driveway ....

the car had been fine up and till this point ; (the first 10 days had been charging with the 3pin) ; this was only the second time charging with the 7.6kw home charger that was newly fitted). When connecting to the home charger the car is a little temperamental in that it takes a couple of attempts to get it to sync ; nonetheless it did charge it to 100%...

many ideas as to how to proceed ?
Porsche Taycan And so the problems begin... 51E6EACC-6005-4C7A-9274-C96F5B64ACB6
Sponsored

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
Having owned the taycan for just over 2 weeks ; I was just speaking to my OH this morning telling her that the taycan is the best car I have ever owned ; I then proceeded to go to work ; to find the taycan bricked in my driveway ....

the car had been fine up and till this point ; (the first 10 days had been charging with the 3pin) ; this was only the second time charging with the 7.6kw home charger that was newly fitted). When connecting to the home charger the car is a little temperamental in that it takes a couple of attempts to get it to sync ; nonetheless it did charge it to 100%...

51E6EACC-6005-4C7A-9274-C96F5B64ACB6.jpeg
Any luck restarting Nav? I'd be Straight into Porsche

OP
OP

nav1

First Name
nav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jaguar
Country flag
Any luck restarting Nav? I'd be Straight into Porsche
No luck restarting tried several times ; lucky I had a spare car this morning to get to work ; will give a Porsche a call this morning ; thanks

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
No luck restarting tried several times ; lucky I had a spare car this morning to get to work ; will give a Porsche a call this morning ; thanks
Not good having to have a back up vehicle. Good luck getting sorted

Snorkel1974

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Jaguar XJL, VW T6, Mini JCW Paceman
Country flag

51E6EACC-6005-4C7A-9274-C96F5B64ACB6.jpeg
Mine did this a couple of times.........I called the Porsche Assist, it ended up at the Dealer sadly.

But.........try this.......plug it in to the 7.6kw charger, Turn the Car On (with it plugged in, red light showing the car is still plugged in on the dash) then turn the car off (Power Down) completely, lock the car for 5 mins. Then, Unplug it and then power the car back up.

Its a sensor relay, I've just had my Software update and talking to the Techy guys in the w/shop, there are a number of software glitches the new version should solve, mine came up with this message as I was driving once, but it was a simple pull over and reboot, as opposed to a brick, that was 12v tracker drain ! :(

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
And if none of the above and if you have PVTS+ installed (and active) did you have your key fob with you (sounds random but I had this whilst reversing out of the garage once without my fob).

Advice from @Snorkel1974 is more likely a cure / worth trying.

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
is there a CTRL,ALT,DEL soft reset sequence for the Taycan as you have in a Tesla?

OP
OP

nav1

First Name
nav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jaguar
Country flag
Thanks ; don’t have pvts ; Porsche assist on their way ; will see what they say ....

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
yes, take two fingers, place them on the upper right corner of the middle screen and swipe down diagonally
Sure this will come in handy, the steering wheels and brake press certainly has in the Tesla

OP
OP

nav1

First Name
nav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jaguar
Country flag
annoyingly the fault has just cleared itself ; just in time before Porsche assist can look at it ? have no idea when it is going to do this again ?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
12V battery issue?

OP
OP

nav1

First Name
nav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jaguar
Country flag
No idea will see if their diagnostics pick up anything ... ; battery fully charged

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
From other posts I’ve read, it appears rebooting the PCM may also clear any diagnostic messages. So if it’s not an emergency situation where you need to get the car going again it may be better to leave it as is.

Why Porsche decided to write critical error logs into a user-clearable space is :facepalm: If I had done something like that back in my embedded systems days I would’ve been made to wear a necklace of rotten meat around the office for a week.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
If I could guess it is a bad main battery. Ignore everyone's advice to restart/reset the car. Since you are not in the middle of a motorway there is no reason to recover it and lose some evidence of the issue. You should also not risk driving it around because it can happen while driving and the car might stall. Have it towed to your service center.
In any case, your car is defective. I heard that in UK you can reject it, so be ready to reject the car and get another one if they cannot pinpoint the root cause or parts take weeks to arrive from Germany.
Sponsored

Last edited: