korsikoff

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
I had this on my shortlist earlier this year. Went with the Zappi in the end.
As others have said, I'm quite sure someone will acquire.
How do you find the Zappi? I am about to order a home charging point and down to Ohme Pro, Easee One or Zappi.
Sponsored

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Wow - surprised they went under as came across as a premium product and they charged an arm and a leg for it too so surprised they only made £6m in profit at these prices!

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
How do you find the Zappi? I am about to order a home charging point and down to Ohme Pro, Easee One or Zappi.
Its easy to use, works well however some issues between the Vw We-connect app (Wife's Golf Hybrid) and Zappi where you they simply don't talk to each other when you set the timer. Supposed to be an update to fix but still waiting.

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Wow - surprised they went under as came across as a premium product and they charged an arm and a leg for it too so surprised they only made £6m in profit at these prices!
They had a revenue of £6m, not profit.
Sad news, but with so many options on the market at a much lower cost, it isn't too surprising.

Anil

First Name
Anil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've had the Andersen charger for nearly 2 years and it's worked well, as has their Konnect+ App. I'm sad to hear that they have gone into administration, however I think they missed a trick. They needed to generate a recurring income rather than only profiting from a one-off product sale. If they had charged a small annual fee for the use and development of their App, this would have generated a regular and growing income stream which would likely have kept them in business.

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I've had the Andersen charger for nearly 2 years and it's worked well, as has their Konnect+ App. I'm sad to hear that they have gone into administration, however I think they missed a trick. They needed to generate a recurring income rather than only profiting from a one-off product sale. If they had charged a small annual fee for the use and development of their App, this would have generated a regular and growing income stream which would likely have kept them in business.
😀 That would of doubled Zappi sales😉

smartymarti

First Name
Marti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s cross turismo
Country flag
At work I fitted a Tesla gen 3 charger works perfect on my taycan and I get nearly 22kw

T4YC4N

First Name
VB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, BMW 730, Mini
Country flag
That’s a real shame.

I have had mine for around 10 months now and its been excellent. The one time I did have an issue, they sent out an engineer and it turned out to be a problem with my fuse box. The engineer fixed the issue and was totally brilliant with his approach and attitude.

I hope someone does step in, as its the best looking unit by far and it perfoms just as well.

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
That’s super disappointing news. There goes the warranty. And the app is likely to be turned off. They had to replace one of my side trim panels and were brilliant.
Nothing looks as good on the market, is as customizable to blend in with your house and I do hope, for the employees as well as for us customers, that someone does step in to take it over.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
I hope someone does step in, as its the best looking unit by far and it perfoms just as well.
Nothing looks as good on the market, is as customizable to blend in with your house and I do hope, for the employees as well as for us customers, that someone does step in to take it over.
I ordered an Andersen a week ago, and now I'm disputing the charge with AMEX. Nothing was dispatched to me.

However, I discovered this charger, which is brand new and has been created by the people who originally started Andersen (before they were ousted by other shareholders who took it in a different direction and ultimately bankrupty).

You can customise it more than the Andersen, and it's half the price. Mine should arrive on Monday...

https://simpson-partners.com

Porsche Taycan Andersen EV Charger Manufacturer in Administration Screenshot-2022-10-15-at-09-23-38

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Genuinely sorry to see this happen to them. Always thought they looked great and its rare to see a company get its own PCB boards made locally here in Europe – but they did.

I myself went with Zappi because my install as in a shared underground car park – where the looks are less relevant and the Zappi had and easy PIN pad to lock the charger. Also, it works well with a screen that requires no use of an app – as my Zappi is not in range of a network connection.

Also the Zappi does load balancing natively from within the charger without the need for any external equipment (i.e. Porsche Home Manager or and adaptive fuse, etc)

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Good find @Throb – sounds like there was some "story/drama" behind the scenes then!
Sponsored