Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I am just wondering how everyone is using Android Auto after the uPdate?

I was mostly happy with the Porsche Nav and don't use my phone as a music source. I use Internet radio and USB.

I also mostly wait till I'm not driving to respond to calls / messages etc.

So I am just wondering what else people use it for, as currently I'm not finding much use for it.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I am just wondering how everyone is using Android Auto after the uPdate?

I was mostly happy with the Porsche Nav and don't use my phone as a music source. I use Internet radio and USB.

I also mostly wait till I'm not driving to respond to calls / messages etc.

So I am just wondering what else people use it for, as currently I'm not finding much use for it.
Superior voice control
Amazon Audible books

Not a lot really as I use Apple Music.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Don't have my tacyan yet, but love android auto in my other cars. Voice control is the biggest one, when paired with Google maps it makes it really easy to quickly put in any destination. Google software recognizes contextual queries like finding restaurants or gas better than anything else as well as harder to understand words like "pho"

I have Spotify as well, so it also allows me to Voice search for specific songs or artists easily

I never really use Voice control in other parts of my life, but it's really useful in a car, probably the best use case as you can do everything hands free. Automakers implementations of Voice control are typically far behind Google. Our lexus has it and takes a long time to search on top of not finding a lot of places or understanding requests

Otherwise just in general I find Google maps superior to any other nav or map system I've used, and the only way to access is android auto. Mostly because it has tons of points of interest, really good live traffic, some speed trap alerts, and very accurate directions

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Don't have my tacyan yet, but love android auto in my other cars. Voice control is the biggest one, when paired with Google maps it makes it really easy to quickly put in any destination. Google software recognizes contextual queries like finding restaurants or gas better than anything else as well as harder to understand words like "pho"

I have Spotify as well, so it also allows me to Voice search for specific songs or artists easily

I never really use Voice control in other parts of my life, but it's really useful in a car, probably the best use case as you can do everything hands free. Automakers implementations of Voice control are typically far behind Google. Our lexus has it and takes a long time to search on top of not finding a lot of places or understanding requests

Otherwise just in general I find Google maps superior to any other nav or map system I've used, and the only way to access is android auto. Mostly because it has tons of points of interest, really good live traffic, some speed trap alerts, and very accurate directions
Agree that mapping is better but as it's not fully integrated into the PCM charging destinations and preconditioning of battery for arrival isn't possible. Other integrations are absent too.

Google Maps are already part of the PCM NAV environment however not as slick as the implementation on your mobile. Updates are regular so in truth it works quite well.

One day Porsche will adopt Ferrari's approach and stop development of NAV and go all in Google.

Spotify is now integrated into the PCM so no need for AA for this

Edward

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Everything about Android Auto is better than the PCM's nav and audio aside from lack of EV SOC and charging info. I'm sure that's a software update away from being unlocked, though. The big draw, besides Google Maps, is Waze for road trips. I need to know where the uhhh ... construction zones are being reported. 🙂

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
anyone using AA with a hacked/rooted phone to have whateveryouwant on the PCM? e.g. data logger :)

OP
OP
Fish Fingers

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Thanks for the input. 👍

So, reading this, I guess for me it doesn't really add that much.

That's fine, I just thought I was missing out on some features I was unaware of.

I can see it maybe being useful for Google Maps sometime - especially with traffic jams etc.

Possible Waze use.

Possible audio book use.

Nothing too life changing for me personally though.
Sponsored