First Name
Ujj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hey Guys,

I am a newbie on this forum to forgive any accidental misses on my part. I love my Google Pixel 3 XL and plan to buy the 5 when it comes out.

I also have an old used iPhone 7 with ios12 (I believe it cannot go to the latest level which is ios13) on it and I plugged in the usb-c to ios connector and apple car play comes on fine, but I want to control the phone calls through my google phone and for some reason the google phone will not connect to bluetooth.

I have turned Bluetooth off on the iPhone. I want to use Waze/Google Maps on Carplay due to the large display, but want all the other phone functions on my Google Pixel 3xL.

Any suggestions, any help will be much appreciated?
Sponsored

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.2 C4 GTS. Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hey Guys,

I am a newbie on this forum to forgive any accidental misses on my part. I love my Google Pixel 3 XL and plan to buy the 5 when it comes out.

I also have an old used iPhone 7 with ios12 (I believe it cannot go to the latest level which is ios13) on it and I plugged in the usb-c to ios connector and apple car play comes on fine, but I want to control the phone calls through my google phone and for some reason the google phone will not connect to bluetooth.

I have turned Bluetooth off on the iPhone. I want to use Waze/Google Maps on Carplay due to the large display, but want all the other phone functions on my Google Pixel 3xL.

Any suggestions, any help will be much appreciated?
In my 911 whenever I plug my iPhone into the usb socket it enables carplay (you can turn CarPlay off & have the option to use the phone as just an iPod).
The trouble I think you’ll have is all the phone calls and text messages go through CarPlay. If I press the phone button on the car dashboard it tells me carplay is handling it & to use carplay to access the features.

Unfortunately, I don’t think what you propose will work.

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
In my 911 whenever I plug my iPhone into the usb socket it enables carplay (you can turn CarPlay off & have the option to use the phone as just an iPod).
The trouble I think you’ll have is all the phone calls and text messages go through CarPlay. If I press the phone button on the car dashboard it tells me carplay is handling it & to use carplay to access the features.

Unfortunately, I don’t think what you propose will work.
My Mercedes used to be like this but with an update I can have both CarPlay and another phone on BT simultaneously. Was wondering on the Taycan how it would be

mike-taycan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
That’s an interesting question. I know when I connect my iPhone via CarPlay, it does disconnect from Bluetooth. Have you gone into the device settings on the Taycan? You can have multiple phone and select what type of connection you want for each. I have had to turn off CarPlay a couple times for my iPhone a few times to keep it from connection when plugged in. I’d connect them both (iPhone via uSb CarPlay and android via Bluetooth) and go to the device setting in the Taycan and play around there.

OP
OP
ujjtaycan4s

ujjtaycan4s

First Name
Ujj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
You all make a good suggestion about having multiple phones, I do have two phones so let me try the two phone configuration and I will report back on this forum

OP
OP
ujjtaycan4s

ujjtaycan4s

First Name
Ujj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Does not work with two phones. Once I connect the iPhone it will not let me connect the Android phone at the same time
Sponsored