According to this article No Plug and Charge for 2020. Big bummer!
The app usually does not display all working stations in my preferred EA location. A random station is always missing from the app, and guess what, it is usually the available one. Then I have to call EA to start the session and they blame the Porsche app for not showing the station. It is also useful when you charge in locations with poor mobile signal.Is plug and charge that big of a value add? Seems like using your phone with an app works pretty easily.
Any idea what Connect Care package is? Engine stop function?I got the e-mail about new available system software for my Taycan today, and will get it installed in my TS on Friday already.
Just in case I booked in advance a couple of weeks ago, and was just about to postpone the appointment before the email dropped in my inbox. The software will optimize the following:
• The charging planning function is expanded. It is now possible to set the desired charge level for the vehicle at a specified destination.
• During a charging process with active route guidance, the vehicle and the app can show the point where the charge level needed for the rest of the route has been reached and it is possible to resume driving.
• Charging at home is improved and it is easier to log in to the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect with activated device protection.
• During the charging process, the connected vehicle and the current charging status of the battery are displayed on the screen of the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect.
• With the new charging function that conserves the battery, the charging power can be reduced from up to 270 kW to 200 kW if desired. A lower battery temperature during charging further increases battery life.
Chassis and driving comfort:
• The raising function will be improved. The car will be automatically raised at certain locations, such as speed bumps and driveways.
• Further optimization of the chassis system improves driving dynamics and track performance.
• Seat and ergonomic positions will be saved even when using a guest profile, and will be available again after restart.
Porsche Connect and Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
• Further improvements have been made in navigation, such as displaying online information directly on the map and file-specific traffic information.
• You can now use Apple Car Play wirelessly. If you've linked your Apple ID to your car, you can also use Apple Podcasts including video streaming and Apple Music Lyrics.
• For an included period of 10 years, you will receive the new Porsche Connect Care package with engine stop function. You can activate Porsche Connect Care in the Porsche Connect Store from March 2021.
I'm really looking forward to this long wanted update
My dealer finally confirmed that they were wrong and it’s not an OTA update like I told them. But they said they have not received the info yet to be able to start updating cars. Told me it will probably be after April 1 and they’ll need the car for 2 days. So looks like I’ll have to go back again in a few weeks for the update.from the porsche news releaes
The update also includes significant software optimisation for numerous control units, meaning that the transmission has to be adapted and the drive components calibrated when it has been completed. For this reason, the update is carried out as part of a free visit to a Porsche Centre.
I heard that the update will not be available at dealerships until March 31st. I had set my appointment for April 12th for things to settle.My dealer finally confirmed that they were wrong and it’s not an OTA update like I told them. But they said they have not received the info yet to be able to start updating cars. Told me it will probably be after April 1 and they’ll need the car for 2 days. So looks like I’ll have to go back again in a few weeks for the update.
Wireless CarPlay is in according to the Porsche website link listed hereNo mention of wireless carplay.
It does mention in one of the articles that it requires the dealership to provide the update.
Interested in hearing feedback from others that are brave enough to get the update first .
I received my information letter from Porsche yesterday. Scheduled for updating May 3-4 at Porsche Malmoe.This is the Update that has been discussed on the Forum for quite some time! Nothing new here?
Are Porsche desperate now? They have issued a Press Release about this as it should be something new, when most of it is bug fixes!
To my absolute biggest surprise was that the service manager at my Porsche Centre had no clue about this whatsoever! NONE, NADA, NOTHING! I sent him the Press release and that was the first he heard about it!
Makes me feel very good about having bought this car!!
Based on all available information, P&C for MY2020 vehicles wasn't going to be even potentially available until Q2 or Q3. Considering that the big update just announced was finalized and began validation months ago there was no reason to expect it would include it.According to this article No Plug and Charge for 2020. Big bummer!