Pjjameso

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I Will get my 2020 Turbo back from upgrade tomorrow.
Can’t wait to hear how it went, received my email from Porsche today for my turbo. Will probably wait till state inspection is due in May as I haven’t had any problems although she is a garage queen with only 2900 miles!
Sponsored

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Got email to do the update
US, 2020, west coast.

Did not get any update in the car. I wonder if that is for OTA updates instead.

Going in tomorrow.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Service Manager contacted me - my 2020 Taycan will "go under the software knife" on April 7th - I'll post thoughts and observations.

Scott Allen

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 911 Carrera S Cabriolet, 2017 Range Rover HSE, 1967 Camaro RS/SS 396
Country flag
Received the email today and booked in Cleveland for the 16th.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Same here, got email, scheduled for 15th. They want to test on two “volunteer” cars they have on the lot first. I’m good with that! But made no mention about bringing the charger. Will take anyway.

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
So bizarre as dealer here (NC) remains adamant they have no update yet and won’t book an appointment.......they say they have 32 2020 models to update and wait for their call so god only knows when I will get “the call”

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So bizarre as dealer here (NC) remains adamant they have no update yet and won’t book an appointment.......they say they have 32 2020 models to update and wait for their call so god only knows when I will get “the call”
That is bizarre since I got my email from Porsche NA, not my dealer. Check your email/spam folder for whatever email address Porsche has associated with your vin since it may be there. But of course, even if you get it, a dealer may say they can't schedule you for a couple of weeks if they are busy.

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
Email received today. Link in email for service appointment was dead.

Have scheduled a service appointment directly with the dealer via a call April 6th, however I think they may be clueless as I had to tell them it may take several days. I’ll monitor this thread, call the head of service, and maybe reschedule to May.

it has been trouble free, hate to break that streak!

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
@Reg
Yes received same email today, contacted dealer today and nothing, they have no update and did not seem very interested in booking appt or speaking further......basically cut it short by telling me once they receive update the will reach out to the 32 owners one by one which in my book means 32 cars x 2 days minimum x weekends = possibly a couple of months before they get thru the list

That is bizarre since I got my email from Porsche NA, not my dealer. Check your email/spam folder for whatever email address Porsche has associated with your vin since it may be there. But of course, even if you get it, a dealer may say they can't schedule you for a couple of weeks if they are busy.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
My MY2020 software upgrade invitation e-mail came from:
[email protected] via amazonses.com

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
My unsolicited advice to ones who’s dealers are clueless: wait. Let them “figure it out” first. I was very glad to hear my advisor say they want to try it on their cars first. I want it NOW but am happy to wait.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Got email today and update being done tomorrow morning. I am the second one they are doing (a 2020 4S is being finished tonight or in the morning). All the 2021 cars that have been done were successful. We shall see tomorrow how things go.....say a prayer for me

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
I dropped my 4s early this morning. Dealership said that downloading the software and then uploading into vehicle is taking longer than expected, so they kept the car overnight. Mine was the first '20 they've done, so they are not sure what to expect. Guess I will find out mid-day if everything loads properly. The big bummer is that it took me forever to get the homelink for the garage set up, and I was not even sure what I did, so I guess that will one of the first things play with once I get home.

ThumbsUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Taycan Turbo S; ‘20 Taycan Turbo (gone)
Country flag
After receiving email yesterday I made an appointment online for April 14th and requested a loaner vehicle.
Sponsored