rbt3

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2020 Tesla Model Y, 2020 MB GLE450
Country flag
Has everyone in the US with a 2020 received the email notification?
I haven't yet (and yes I checked the spam folder).
I got my email yesterday and scheduled the update, first available appointment was in May! I'm ok waiting though and hopefully the kinks are worked out before my time comes. Car is working great right now with no issues at all.

bgatxy1

First Name
b
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993, RRS, Taycan4S
Country flag
I received email from Porsche on Monday 3/29, forwarded it to my Porsche Irvine dealer, and they called today to inform me the first available appointment slot is JULY 26th!! In other words, they don't want to deal with it.....

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I received email from Porsche on Monday 3/29, forwarded it to my Porsche Irvine dealer, and they called today to inform me the first available appointment slot is JULY 26th!! In other words, they don't want to deal with it.....
That is nonsense. Are there other dealers nearby?

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Rich: I dropped my 4s off yesterday, but it takes a while to download the software and then update the car. I have not heard word yet on status, but sticking with the "car blowing up" theme earlier in this thread, I have not seen any smoking coming from the direction of the dealership, so I am optimistic it should be done by lunch today. Then I will spend the early evening setting up all my preferences again. I will report if I see anything that has not already been shared by others in this thread.

Just got a call from the dealership and they said they needed the car another day. So, they either have no clue what they are doing, or have not gotten around to actually doing the work.

The car "blowing up" still may be in play then!!!!

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Just got a call from the dealership and they said they needed the car another day. So, they either have no clue what they are doing, or have not gotten around to actually doing the work.

It does seem to involve many components, many steps, so I am thinking that its just grinding through the process. And until its all worked out it may just require patience.

And some duct tape?

• Haha
Reactions: Dee

sun

First Name
Sun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I dropped my car off on Monday and the dealer has had a full 2 days with it and the service advisor said they are still finishing up final programming and it should be done by tomorrow at noon. At this rate, it would have been a full 2.5 days.

WalterG

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
I dropped my car off on Monday and the dealer has had a full 2 days with it and the service advisor said they are still finishing up final programming and it should be done by tomorrow at noon. At this rate, it would have been a full 2.5 days.
Mine is looking to be about the same. Dropped it off Monday morning and dealer says that it should be done tomorrow. It sure seems like a slow complex process. In any case, a couple of days is fine with me right now and I'm glad they are doing this for the 2020s.

sun

First Name
Sun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mine is looking to be about the same. Dropped it off Monday morning and dealer says that it should be done tomorrow. It sure seems like a slow complex process. In any case, a couple of days is fine with me right now and I'm glad they are doing this for the 2020s.
Yes, I knew when buying this car that Porsche isn't a tech company, so I'm not overly surprised. It does feel like I'm updating my phone by plugging it into my computer, same with the charger.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

Make sure you check the vin. If they blew up the car, they may try and change it for another car.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Make sure you check the vin. If they blew up the car, they may try and change it for another car.
I don't need a VIN. Mine has signature rattles from several interior trims so it is hard not recognize it :p

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Dee

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
2021 model and also 2 day software update. Next available slot was 7 + 8 June... ? I'm booked in. Replacement car will be available. Curious to see if there will be any noticable differences.

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
I am based in California and received the email yesterday morning. I already scheduled with the dealer on April 12th. You should just go ahead and reach out to your dealer to schedule for the update.
I'm assuming you are using the Fremont dealer based on your profile?

Just had mine completed there. They will be dropping it off today.

Interestingly, mine was not tagged for update and they had to call Porsche NA to force it into the approved list.

Pjjameso

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Received mine Monday morning, booked for May 4 when Virginia inspection is due. Two birds one service visit.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Took my car in this morning, and I will be the first one they've done. They said they just received the software, so I guess I'm the guinea pig. :p
Sponsored