Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I will only note that my dealer contacted me this afternoon to let me know that the update installation is complete and is now finished. So I am not especially inclined to draw conclusions about a cryptic message about the update being withdrawn without a little more specificity. (Which update? Which regions? etc.)

For additional specificity, I note that I received the following updates:

WMA5: Update software for various control units
WMA7: Update software for charger

I don't receive the car until later today, so I will post version numbers as others have requested.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Had mine booked in for a spoiler reset for last 6 weeks and software update coincided with visit this week.

should get the car back tomorrow after 3 days of applying the update but apparently they can’t get the spoiler to close and sort the gap so they are ordering a brand new spoiler.

@Gogs, your car was delivered same time as mine, are you now seeing the FOD to purchase in the store?

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Car is still at dealer -30 hours in. The first 3 modules went well, all good. The 4th module is a problem. They have tried 4 times and car still throwing fault codes. There is a 5th module yet after the 4th....I was told it's at least 12-14 hours IF there are no glitches at all. Car likely to be there until at least tomorrow. It's way more work than simply downloading all the software. They have to get the car to learn all the new software and then check to make sure it all takes.

Benjamin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Twingo
Country flag
I will only note that my dealer contacted me this afternoon to let me know that the update installation is complete and is now finished. So I am not especially inclined to draw conclusions about a cryptic message about the update being withdrawn without a little more specificity. (Which update? Which regions? etc.)

For additional specificity, I note that I received the following updates:

WMA5: Update software for various control units
WMA7: Update software for charger

I don't receive the car until later today, so I will post version numbers as others have requested.
I can only tell you what they told me. Current update for 2020 model year has been put on hold because it is running into errors and the vehicles are sitting in the yard. Accordingly, my appointment was also canceled.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Had mine booked in for a spoiler reset for last 6 weeks and software update coincided with visit this week.

should get the car back tomorrow after 3 days of applying the update but apparently they can’t get the spoiler to close and sort the gap so they are ordering a brand new spoiler.

@Gogs, your car was delivered same time as mine, are you now seeing the FOD to purchase in the store?
I don’t see any FoD. However, my car kinda has all the options already.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update was completed. Car is being held as there is something that the tech is not happy with and a Porsche rep is coming to dealer tomorrow to check this out. Both 2020 cars have the same exact issue. Its a functionality issue, update loaded without faults. Car will be there until at least some time tomorrow.....at the earliest.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just watched a just released, super helpful video about the update. It's a must-watch:

Sounds like a pain in the ass. Homelink was a pain to start and now we have to do that over. And why would we need to do 2 more "updates" after we log back in...we had the car there for what's gonna be 3 days !!! They did this to address the 12V issue and other PCM bugs, the added stuff seems totally overrated.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I can only tell you what they told me. Current update for 2020 model year has been put on hold because it is running into errors and the vehicles are sitting in the yard. Accordingly, my appointment was also canceled.
FFS, that’s the last time I ever make a joke about Taycans blowing up. Guess I better check with the dealer before dropping it off on Tuesday.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Very interesting (a little distressing as well).

My car was delivered this afternoon, but I won't be able to drive it for a couple of days. I will report back...

sun

First Name
Sun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I picked up my car this afternoon after about 2.5 days at Porsche Bellevue. Everything seemed fine and the paperwork says they completed WMA5 for the car and WMA7 for the charger. I had to get somewhere, and noticed some settings were reset, but not all of them. Homelink and diamond buttons operate as normal, but my suspension settings and display fields on the instrument cluster had to be set. I didn't notice Apple CarPlay initially, but after stopping at my destination, it had several updates 5+ under software updates. I updated them and then noticed that the CarPlay option was available. Overall, the car is driving normally and wireless CarPlay is great.
Sponsored