thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
I picked up my car this afternoon after about 2.5 days at Porsche Bellevue. Everything seemed fine and the paperwork says they completed WMA5 for the car and WMA7 for the charger. I had to get somewhere, and noticed some settings were reset, but not all of them. Homelink and diamond buttons operate as normal, but my suspension settings and display fields on the instrument cluster had to be set. I didn't notice Apple CarPlay initially, but after stopping at my destination, it had several updates 5+ under software updates. I updated them and then noticed that the CarPlay option was available. Overall, the car is driving normally and wireless CarPlay is great.

Pickd up my 4s today and glad to report the same as Sun in Bellevue - everything works, so far!. I deleted all of the old phone info, and reconnected my iPhone and got Apple CarPlay to connect wirelessly, so that is a neat party trick! I have not played with the GPS yet, nor noticed any difference in efficiency. I wonder if any of the "under the hood" updates will have an impact on efficiency? I guess we will find out.

I guess we can postpone the "car blowing up" event for now!
Sponsored

Kenz888

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2021 Tesla Model Y
Country flag
I'm assuming you are using the Fremont dealer based on your profile?

Just had mine completed there. They will be dropping it off today.

Interestingly, mine was not tagged for update and they had to call Porsche NA to force it into the approved list.
Actually bought the 4S from Porsche Redwood City, but now live in Fremont. So, Yes I am using the Fremont dealer for convenience. Please let me know how the update went! Cheers!

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
Actually bought the 4S from Porsche Redwood City, but now live in Fremont. So, Yes I am using the Fremont dealer for convenience. Please let me know how the update went! Cheers!
Went well. Got it this afternoon and everything seems to be working great. Wireless carplay is awesome.

The turn by turn on the nav still sucks though :(. Also wish I could tell the massaging seats to stay on, was hoping that would be fixed.

Interesting note in relation to above video:

• Homelink was not wiped for me
  • I was still logged in when I started using the car
  • Seat settings were wiped
  • Dashboard settings were wiped
  • Bluetooth was not wiped.

Last edited:

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I can only tell you what they told me. Current update for 2020 model year has been put on hold because it is running into errors and the vehicles are sitting in the yard. Accordingly, my appointment was also canceled.
This sounds more like a dealer issue than a general problem. Maybe the dealer does not have 5he correct equipment, skill set, or does not follow procedure.

If there was a generic problem the Porsche would release a Technical bulletin. Nobody seems to hve heard anything like that.

If the dealer causes all the problems of course they will cancel further appointments since they will run out of storage space.

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Went well. Got it this afternoon and everything seems to be working great. Wireless carplay is awesome.

The turn by turn on the nav still sucks though :(. Also wish I could tell the massaging seats to stay on, was hoping that would be fixed.

Same for me

RRVV17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, GLS580
Country flag

Pretty much the same for me. Wireless Carplay is so much more convenient. Steering wheel diamond button was saved (homelink for me) but Instrument cluster diamond button (Sport sound for me) was not saved. Carplay came on the screen the second I got in the car without plugging in first. A couple things to add that I didn't see elsewhere (or missed) in related posts.....

--Homescreen - Third row of icons is now completely invisible. It's a cleaner look vs partial icons showing like before. You can configure the screen (as you could before) to have 2 icons you are less likely to use at the bottom

--Passenger Screen - If you uncheck the "standby mode" box in the display settings, the passenger screen now works without having someone (or something) in the passenger seat. it has a cockpit view that you can set it to, which I like better than just the digital Taycan logo. To be honest I'm not even sure if the cockpit view was there before the update but I don't believe it was. I didn't use the passenger screen really since it was not very useful in the day to day.

For now everything else seems to be normal or working ok.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
If you uncheck the "standby mode" box in the display settings, the passenger screen now works without having someone (or something) in the passenger seat.
whoa!! @Dee this seems a great feature!

raymort

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020
Country flag
Pretty much the same for me. Wireless Carplay is so much more convenient. Steering wheel diamond button was saved (homelink for me) but Instrument cluster diamond button (Sport sound for me) was not saved. Carplay came on the screen the second I got in the car without plugging in first. A couple things to add that I didn't see elsewhere (or missed) in related posts.....

--Homescreen - Third row of icons is now completely invisible. It's a cleaner look vs partial icons showing like before. You can configure the screen (as you could before) to have 2 icons you are less likely to use at the bottom

--Passenger Screen - If you uncheck the "standby mode" box in the display settings, the passenger screen now works without having someone (or something) in the passenger seat. it has a cockpit view that you can set it to, which I like better than just the digital Taycan logo. To be honest I'm not even sure if the cockpit view was there before the update but I don't believe it was. I didn't use the passenger screen really since it was not very useful in the day to day.

For now everything else seems to be normal or working ok.

- Awesome comment on how to get the pax display operational without a pax. I agree with you that the cockpit view was not there before.

Wireless ACP
Lift GPS
Pax display fix
OTA update capability
And speedier PCM performance

Are the main things I'm seeing so far.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I just received my car (after 71 days!), and - for my installation, at least - the uncheck box only impacts whether the passenger screen is visible when someone is sitting in the seat or you are not moving. Once the car starts moving, the screen goes back to showing “Taycan”.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Also, how is everyone getting their Wireless CarPlay to work? I can’t even find the option for that.

raymort

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020
Country flag
Also, how is everyone getting their Wireless CarPlay to work? I can’t even find the option for that.
I will post some pics of the process in a few minutes. In short, I had to reconnect my phone via bluetooth to the PCM by "adding" another device. Yes, it showed my device as being added already, but the bluetooth pairing had been dropped. After repairing, ACP started working.

RRVV17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, GLS580
Country flag
I just received my car (after 71 days!), and - for my installation, at least - the uncheck box only impacts whether the passenger screen is visible when someone is sitting in the seat or you are not moving. Once the car starts moving, the screen goes back to showing “Taycan”.
It only works after WMA5 update. It works while moving, without a passenger now. It was as you said, before the last update. Have you had this campaign/update specifically? It was just released Monday for the US.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It only works after WMA5 update. It works while moving, without a passenger now. It was as you said, before the last update. Have you had this campaign/update specifically? It was just released Monday for the US.
Yes, they installed WMA5 on my 2020 4S at the end of the service that the car had originally been in for. I will try again.
Sponsored