First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
MY 2020 or 2021 notes please for people reporting plug & charge is ”working”

and I thought it was confirmed Plug & Charge can’t be retrofitted on to MY 2020 vehicles

I’m very very please this is working for some people - just trying to get the facts of the situation so we all know what to expect.
Mine is a MY2020 4S (July 2020 build). There is one odd thing about my plug and charge session today - I don’t see any record of it in the Charging NA app, the Connect app or EA app. Does anyone else who has used plug & charge show a record of the charging session in one of those apps? I was under 30 min but I would think it would still show up in one of the apps. I wonder what happens if I were to go over 30 min. Since my OTA module isn’t working, I’m logged in as guest so Plug & Charge doesn’t rely on the car being logged in. It must work from the VIN. After my OTA module is replaced I’ll try again to see if it shows up in one of the apps then.
All that being said, the EA plug&charge session today was flawless. It just worked. :)
Sponsored

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
and I thought it was confirmed Plug & Charge can’t be retrofitted on to MY 2020 vehicles
AFAIK, it was never confirmed by anyone with actual knowledge. There was the typical "my dealer said" it would work and others saying their dealer or friend Bob said it wouldn't. The EA app mentioned the car was P&C enabled (or something like that) so there was some communication/recognition prior to the software upgrade.

Last edited:

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
ok, I wasn't going to post this, but YOLO.

After the upgrade, my 2020 is showing a lot more range than before. This may be due to an oddity, a calibration thing with the new software, better or worse estimation, releasing more battery capacity from reserve.

When I say "more range", it is simply looking at what the battery meter is showing (e.g. X percent full with Y miles of range). I have not tested it to see what happens as I drive it to close to empty. I may do a trip on monday if I have the time.

Before, it was regularly showing a range of 270-290 miles, with it usually on the low end. Today, and yesterday after charging up to 85%, in range mode, it showed 310 miles.

This is just the engineer in me talking, since for me the range is far more than adequate. I suspect it is a combo of all the possibilities I mentioned above.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
OMG - PLUG AND CHARGE WORKS WITH EA!!!
I went to an EA station today, plugged in, the station immediately started whirring,
Excellent, any P&C success is excellent news!

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
Mine is a MY2020 4S (July 2020 build). There is one odd thing about my plug and charge session today - I don’t see any record of it in the Charging NA app, the Connect app or EA app. Does anyone else who has used plug & charge show a record of the charging session in one of those apps? I was under 30 min but I would think it would still show up in one of the apps. I wonder what happens if I were to go over 30 min. Since my OTA module isn’t working, I’m logged in as guest so Plug & Charge doesn’t rely on the car being logged in. It must work from the VIN. After my OTA module is replaced I’ll try again to see if it shows up in one of the apps then.
All that being said, the EA plug&charge session today was flawless. It just worked. :)
If a station is misbehaving it can sometimes be set to "free mode" and this is the behavior I have seen with those before.

Fcassells

First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
If a station is misbehaving it can sometimes be set to "free mode" and this is the behavior I have seen with those before.
I think this could be an efficient default mode they should all adopt, yes... the more I think about it the more I like this ”free mode“ of which you speak.

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
I think this could be an efficient default mode they should all adopt, yes... the more I think about it the more I like this ”free mode“ of which you speak.
We have hit the one in incio, CA in this mode (it's also a freaking terrible charger :))

RRVV17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, GLS580
Country flag
Can someone provide some instructions for how you get it to work?

When I start the car, press the button on the lower console display and turn off standby mode. As soon as I put the car in drive, it immediately turns on standby mode and won’t allow you to disarm it.

Maybe there is an additional setting some where.
after you turn off standby but BEFORE you put the car in drive, tap the passenger screen. if you are on home screen you will see cockpit option and other icons. Should stay on after putting in drive. See if that works. If it doesn't, I'm really not sure.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Can someone provide some instructions for how you get it to work?

When I start the car, press the button on the lower console display and turn off standby mode. As soon as I put the car in drive, it immediately turns on standby mode and won’t allow you to disarm it.

Maybe there is an additional setting some where.
I finally found out the procedure:

Porsche Taycan Announced: Software update for 2020 Taycan models ? 2021-04-03_17.19.15

First, select the middle button in the lower middle display.

Porsche Taycan Announced: Software update for 2020 Taycan models ? 2021-04-03_17.19.39

Then, deselect the checkbox in the pop-up menu in the upper middle display.
This is only possible in Park.
Close the pop-up menu.

If this doesn't work the first time, try this:
-Call up the pop-up menu again.
-SELECT (activate) standby mode.
-Put into Drive.
-Put into Park.
-DESELECT standby mode.
-Close pop-up menu.
-Put into Drive.

As long as you don't put it into Park it stays on.

Remember, the setting is not stored so you have to do this every time you start the car.

I was thinking: if you don't put it in Park but only the "foot brake", will it stay on?
I'll try next time...

Last edited:

raymort

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020
Country flag
I finally found out the procedure:

2021-04-03_17.19.15.jpg

First, select the middle button in the lower middle display.

2021-04-03_17.19.39.jpg

Then, deselect the checkbox in the pop-up menu in the upper middle display.
This is only possible in Park.
Close the pop-up menu.

If this doesn't work the first time, try this:
-Call up the pop-up menu again.
-SELECT (activate) standby mode.
-Put into Drive.
-Put into Park.
-DESELECT standby mode.
-Close pop-up menu.
-Put into Drive.

As long as you don't put it into Park it stays on.

Remember, the setting is not stored so you have to do this every time you start the car.

I was thinking: if you don't put it in Park but only the "foot brake", will it stay on?
I'll try next time...

Ah! Totally works now. Key appears to exit the screen back to home before going into drive.

Reactions: Dee

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag

raymort

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020
Country flag
I'm not sure what you mean by that but I'm referring to post #198 where I didn't know how to switch it on again cuz I tried so many different things.
Now I know.
My guess is it is a bug in the programming that is allowing this to occur. May be part of why it takes a few tries sometimes to get it to work. But, either way, the display actually has some value now!
Sponsored

Reactions: Dee