NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
If this is a bug and/or if this violates some US law, well now that OTA updates are working so this may get "fixed" for US drivers...
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
If this is a bug and/or if this violates some US law, well now that OTA updates are working so this may get "fixed" for US drivers...
sssshhhhh…don’t tell anyone.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Hmm, maybe we should delete this thread and keep it "our little secret"...
If I was a moderator here I would... :)

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Also remember that for range mode the default is to turn off passenger screen. I believe there is a setting to change that default.

Edit. I was wrong about the second sentence but keeping it here so the subsequent comments make sense.

Last edited:

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Actually, there are cars that have the passenger screen on all the time already, even before the update.
So that makes me think maybe this was already possible before the update but was never discovered.
It may not necessarily been part of this update.
Anyway, it works and that's good.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Also remember that for range mode the default is to turn off passenger screen. I believe there is a setting to change that default.
Hmm, very unlikely.
I've been through the whole menu and can't remember something like that but do share if you got some usable info!

raymort

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020
Country flag
Hmm, very unlikely.
I've been through the whole menu and can't remember something like that but do share if you got some usable info!
Agreed. The system wants to go into standby when no pax is present. May need to turn off auto updates!

RRVV17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, GLS580
Country flag
My guess is it is a bug in the programming that is allowing this to occur. May be part of why it takes a few tries sometimes to get it to work. But, either way, the display actually has some value now!
Glad you got it working. We keep having to figure things out. Thanks @Dee.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Last edited:

TaycanNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
First reported 12v battery dead with the update
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/locked-out.3916/post-62282

It is unclear what the root cause was but it is shows that the update does not prevent drainage in all situations and it does not top off the small battery from the big one when drainage happens.
Wow. That is hugely disappointing. My car is in for the software update now. I was told it could take up to a week. Far cry from the 1-2 hour Tesla updates that were done in the garage while connected to home Wi-Fi.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot

Fayaz

First Name
Fayaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
2020 update complete , everything works , WACP Is fantastic , and same as john89 nothing was wiped and all settings as I left them . I do not have remote door or window lock functions from app , is this not a thing ?
Hi. I have a 2020 and my dealer Porsche Centre North Toronto says they have bricked 2 cars and don’t want to try mine yet. May I ask which dealer did yours?

carlom001

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X
Hi. I have a 2020 and my dealer Porsche Centre North Toronto says they have bricked 2 cars and don’t want to try mine yet. May I ask which dealer did yours?
My MY21 did not take the update very well - range was reduced by 40%, then started getting multiple yellow and red warnings. When leaving home saw a red message stating it could not be driven. Locked car and came back a couple of hours later and all was good but still with reduced range - took it straight to the dealer and it has been there for over a week now with lots of communication between dealer and Porsche Germany techs - they are still not sure what is going on...

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
Also remember that for range mode the default is to turn off passenger screen.
BTW:
it should be remembered that the passenger screen is only ONE big screen. So does displaying "black" on the passenger half really save energy? :)
Sponsored