Country flag
Last edited:

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I got a quote today for the Taycan 4S from State Farm.....3rd car, full coverage, $500 deductible, under 7500 miles per year, good driver discount, no tickets, no accidents......$1596 per yer.....ironic that it is $575 cheaper than insurance for our 2013 Boxster S
I got a very similar quote from State Farm in California.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
There is NO way on a regular policy would State Farm have full coverage on a 159k car for only $1080 per year. Is it a low mileage insurance, or collectors insurance?
FYI, the way many insurance policies works is that the car is insured for the base price, not including all the options.
Then if it gets totaled, they determine what the market value of the car is. The reason is that just because you paid $1200 for a flashing Porsche logo, does not mean that that is what it is worth in the market, so they may only give you like $100 for that option.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
FYI, the way many insurance policies works is that the car is insured for the base price, not including all the options.
Then if it gets totaled, they determine what the market value of the car is. The reason is that just because you paid $1200 for a flashing Porsche logo, does not mean that that is what it is worth in the market, so they may only give you like $100 for that option.
That is true. However, the gap insurance was included in the lease agreement as a no-cost option on my last 2 vehicles (Merc and Tesla). I wonder if this is the same for Porsche. Of course, if you buy it, you will need to specifically get gap insurance in your quote.

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well, isn't it too much for Denmark, and Europe in total?
Taking the cars price into consideration I guess it’s OK. Traffic is pretty safe here and crime is low in general so I guess it reflects that.
Sponsored