OP
OP

22gts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 taycan gts
Country flag
How long did it take Porsche corporate to respond in to reimbursing the rental cost? They opened a case for me and I’m waiting to hear back from them.
Honestly, I'm impressed with porsche corporates responsiveness (much more than taycan reliability lol).
It took a lemon threat to get my case escalated, then got a reply in 3 days. I negotiated the rental reimbursement and a per day cost was pre approved within a day.

Actually, once my case was escalated, I get replies to my emails , by call or email, within a few hours. Excellent customer service.

I've yet to get reimbursed for the rental since I am actually in talks about lemoning. Depending what the offer is, the rental reimbursment will be reflected in any payouts.
Sponsored

vegasmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Honestly, I'm impressed with porsche corporates responsiveness (much more than taycan reliability lol).
It took a lemon threat to get my case escalated, then got a reply in 3 days. I negotiated the rental reimbursement and a per day cost was pre approved within a day.

Actually, once my case was escalated, I get replies to my emails , by call or email, within a few hours. Excellent customer service.

I've yet to get reimbursed for the rental since I am actually in talks about lemoning. Depending what the offer is, the rental reimbursment will be reflected in any payouts.
Gotcha. I guess I will have to use the “L” word as well to get something done. Thanks.

vegasmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
They called me from corporate today and said they would “review” if I were able to get a rental car even after I dropped the fact that I would have my lemon law attorney contact them. I kept saying an approval and a review are not the same thing.

Olicanian

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, SL.
Country flag
So they bloody well should be ‘responsive’. I’ve been driving for 53 years and never had a car that had a heater blow up.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
thats what happen here in the UK. Porsche Assist leave you with a rental they hire (its not of equal standard) so you're not without a car. Its a joke you don't get a car when its a clear safety issue. This was mine when driving before it went in and nothing - not even opening the windows helped.

Taycan.jpg
In the UK at least, the use of Porsche Assist is quite important i think. When my car went in for a warranty job inspection (factory ppf failed) I asked for a loan car and the head of servicing (PRG Group) said we don't do them unless your car arrives by porsche assist. I'd say he was quite snotty about it.

As car was very new, i spoke to Sales guy (at different outlet of PRG) who said don't be daft and lent me a demonstrator (10/10 Mayfair).

Anyway, i think unless you have a massive track record with the dealer and buy their cars regularly, when you've problems like a failed heater, you should call assistance rather than run the car into the service department yourself. Ludicrous, but be aware.

Olicanian

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, SL.
Country flag
That is precisely the advice I was given by Porsche South Lakes - call Porsche Assist, who will collect the car and ‘arrange’ another, not necessarily a Porsche, never mind a Taycan.

The car has already had three safety recalls, a software update and two failed charge ports.

This is a Range Rover standard of reliability.

OP
OP

22gts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 taycan gts
Country flag
To have closure for this thread, I have accepted a cash and keep offer from porsche.
My equity (or lack of) in the car, the current interest rates, availability of on-the-lot replacement cars, and long order times for builds...caused me to forgo a buyback.

While their offer is confidential, I will say it's 5 figures and doesn't start with a 1.

As far as future reliability concerns, I have an extended warranty, and I will get mechanical breakdown / rental reimbursment from my insurance carrier, just incase the car breaks and dealer loaners aren't immediatly available.

vegasmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
To have closure for this thread, I have accepted a cash and keep offer from porsche.
My equity (or lack of) in the car, the current interest rates, availability of on-the-lot replacement cars, and long order times for builds...caused me to forgo a buyback.

While their offer is confidential, I will say it's 5 figures and doesn't start with a 1.

As far as future reliability concerns, I have an extended warranty, and I will get mechanical breakdown / rental reimbursment from my insurance carrier, just incase the car breaks and dealer loaners aren't immediatly available.
That seems like a result that I could live with. Did you need to get an attorney involved? They said I should receive some paperwork shortly on a buyback offer.

OP
OP

22gts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 taycan gts
Country flag
No attorney needed.

My case went from initial rep being assigned. Within 2 days of mentioning lemon, my case was escalated and assigned to a regional rep. He collected information and forwarded it for processing and review. It is 3 weeks to the day since my case info was started review, and I received my offer today.

vegasmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
No attorney needed.

My case went from initial rep being assigned. Within 2 days of mentioning lemon, my case was escalated and assigned to a regional rep. He collected information and forwarded it for processing and review. It is 3 weeks to the day since my case info was started review, and I received my offer today.
Thats awesome. I have 2 different PoCs now at PCNA after I mentioned lemon and they said I’d have paperwork within 3-4 days for the buy back process but if they will offer a nice chunk to keep and not lemon, I may go that route.

sabeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Who did you guys contact at Porsche regarding this lemon subject? My car has been at the dealer for 1 month plus for this issue.

vegasmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Who did you guys contact at Porsche regarding this lemon subject? My car has been at the dealer for 1 month plus for this issue.
I called 1-800-PORSCHE to get the ball rolling.
Sponsored