Wadsyman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am brand new to this forum and wish to comment on the battery issue. We took delivery of our Taycan 4S early September in Los Angeles. Five weeks later the 12v battery died while the car was parked overnight in our garage. In regard to others experiencing the same problem I have read some of you inquiring if the individual was using the Porsche Connect app, if the car was being charged at the time, or if the car was only charged at home. Neither of the first was occurring. I had only charged the car in-home.
I spoke with Beverly Hills Porsche and they said not to use Porsche Roadside as they are unfamiliar with this lithium battery and may inflict damage. So, they sent a technician to the house. “How will he access the frunk,” I wondered? He found some battery inputs under the driver-side console. He was able to drive the car to the dealership. After a couple of days they replaced the ‘faulty’ battery with a new improved one, thus solving the problem, I was told. Query: Is the problem solved?
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
@no it is not necessarily solved - they may have made it better (less frequent) but to date Porsche has not stated the problem is solved.

OP
OP

Wadsyman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My car still at dealership....if this continues, with each event I am that much closer to getting rid of the car.
Sponsored