Another rate my 4S builds!

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Hi guys, been flicking between a couple of conflicting builds with regards the 4S…one has more comfort and the other is a bit more on the looks of the car (mission e wheels for example). Trying to keep the build to around 100K.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on the two, and which one you’d pick..or what you would change. It’s going to be my daily driver..but will not really need to be stuck on motorways in stop/start traffic.

Here are the two builds: http://www.porsche-code.com/PMLUDYV0 and http://www.porsche-code.com/PMIC9MN8
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
PMLUDYV0 - Interior is best with extended leather (and not sure on colour choice - black may be better), brave exterior colour but the car suits it, I wouldn't delete the model designation, std privacy is more than adequate (car is quiet), Mission E wheels force an expensive brake upgrade and are difficult to repair when kerbed but if it must be Mission E then suggest black rather than white. Door mirrors in exterior colour, air suspension (a must). Most people go Sports Chrono (I didn't this time around as I don't like the dorky looking dial on the dash). PTV - not required - this car handles exceptionally well but consider the air suspension and Rear Axle Steering (with Power Steering Plus). Glass roof is also a miss I'd say.

Difficult to judge and is highly dependent on budget but consider spending less on the Mission E's and divert same funds elsewhere.

PMIC9MN8 - Much better! I have the same wheels and really suit the car plus easy to clean. Still some misses - drop ACC and add pano roof, Matrix lights are great, go std privacy glass and add air suspension (you won't regret). Model designation - I would leave but with Mamba go black perhaps.

For £100K its a good spec but with some minor tweaks you might make it that little bit more special.

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
Hi guys, been flicking between a couple of conflicting builds with regards the 4S…one has more comfort and the other is a bit more on the looks of the car (mission e wheels for example). Trying to keep the build to around 100K.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on the two, and which one you’d pick..or what you would change. It’s going to be my daily driver..but will not really need to be stuck on motorways in stop/start traffic.

Here are the two builds: http://www.porsche-code.com/PMLUDYV0 and http://www.porsche-code.com/PMIC9MN8
I love both...probably as my order is also in Mamba.
Ive gone for a base RWD which comes in at less than £78k with my extras....and still gone for glass sunroof as they are so damn dark inside. Im not sure I'm the right person to comment on all the other stuff(as I've been a bit stingy) but think the wheels and brakes are over-rated and over priced. Both yours look great but would agree that the second option seems better.
btw my code for what its worth is PM9HLCF3

OP
OP

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
PMLUDYV0 - Interior is best with extended leather (and not sure on colour choice - black may be better), brave exterior colour but the car suits it, I wouldn't delete the model designation, std privacy is more than adequate (car is quiet), Mission E wheels force an expensive brake upgrade and are difficult to repair when kerbed but if it must be Mission E then suggest black rather than white. Door mirrors in exterior colour, air suspension (a must). Most people go Sports Chrono (I didn't this time around as I don't like the dorky looking dial on the dash). PTV - not required - this car handles exceptionally well but consider the air suspension and Rear Axle Steering (with Power Steering Plus). Glass roof is also a miss I'd say.

Difficult to judge and is highly dependent on budget but consider spending less on the Mission E's and divert same funds elsewhere.

PMIC9MN8 - Much better! I have the same wheels and really suit the car plus easy to clean. Still some misses - drop ACC and add pano roof, Matrix lights are great, go std privacy glass and add air suspension (you won't regret). Model designation - I would leave but with Mamba go black perhaps.

For £100K its a good spec but with some minor tweaks you might make it that little bit more special.
Thanks for the feedback really appreciate it. I think I will just go for the Turbo wheels as agree needing to upgrade the brakes and the potential easier kerbing is not worth the slightly better looks given the sacrifices I would have to make in other areas of the build. As for air suspension that is standard on the 4S as far as I know?

I had Matrix lights on other builds then dropped them but yeah i think I would prefer having them over for example PTV. Good call also on not needing the sound isolating glass, it was in my head that reviewers comment on hearing road noise..but to be honest I always have music on so probably not worth having.

Anyway here is a refined build based on the second one: http://www.porsche-code.com/PM4NAK62

Not certain on the new build weather to stick with pano roof/18 way seats or to just upgrade to smooth leather.

I have a pano roof on my Tesla model 3 and yes it’s nice..but sat in the driver seat I often forget it’s even there..so my concern is that it would be similar in the Taycan.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Air is std on all Cross Turismos but not coupé (saloon). Interior is dark due to the smaller windows - Pano roof just opens it up.

On the configurator scroll to the bottom and check the std specs.

OP
OP

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Air is std on all Cross Turismos but not coupé (saloon). Interior is dark due to the smaller windows - Pano roof just opens it up.

On the configurator scroll to the bottom and check the std specs.
Double checked on the air suspension and it is standard on all models apart from the RWD. Heres the snippet from the configurator standard specs:

Chassis
Aluminium double wishbone front axle
Aluminium multi-link rear axle
Porsche Stability Management (PSM) vehicle stability system with ABS and extended brake functions
Integrated Porsche 4D chassis control
Adaptive Air Suspension including Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
Power steering
Tyre pressure monitoring (TPM)

To confirm it is the PASM you were referring to? Gotcha on the smaller windows…I test drove a 4S and it had all the goodies. Pano roof, HUD, Innodrive. I decided then that I do not need HUD as it kind of got in the way, Innodrive I didn’t activate and although the pano roof looked nice I didn’t pick up on the dark inside aspect due to not trying one without it!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My mistake, I thought I'd spec'ed air as an option last year but clearly it is STD. PASM you'll get anyway

One thing to add is the 150kW DC charger - these are being rolled out in UK - Shell, BP etc.

Also consider the black door sill guards - silver looks naff as it is visible from the inside. No cost option.

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
although the pano roof looked nice I didn’t pick up on the dark inside aspect due to not trying one without it!
[/QUOTE]

We couldn't test drive one without the pano roof so covered it over with towels ...really dark.
I blew 20% of my extras budget on it...wife insisted lol.
Sponsored