Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
this is one of those moments that you wish you could re-live and do it differently

Clearly foot was off the brake and then removed and when they went to hit it again they hit the accelerator. One thing I did notice is that the cars brake and accelerator pedal are closer together than what I’m used to... Maybe that was why?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Wow, that’s impressive. Looks like it’s in the U.K? Come on. Own up! Which member is it?

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
One thing I did notice is that the cars brake and accelerator pedal are closer together than what I’m used to
That’s to make it easier to heel-toe.

My guess is they didn’t get into reverse like they wanted to and when trying to brake to try again they hit the accelerator instead.

I have to say, that Taycan pushed the SUV aside like a BOSS.

Last edited:

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag

My guess is they didn’t get into reverse like they wanted to and when trying to brake to try again hit the accelerator instead.

That’s so weird because my other Porsches have never felt like that

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag

My guess is they didn’t get into reverse like they wanted to and when trying to brake to try again they hit the accelerator instead.

All that torque

Gordy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It looks almost as if they tried to test launch control...in the worst place possible.

I really don't want to see another thread/bug being raised that states launch control comes on by itself :facepalm:...the thread of the car completely dying in the outside lane has already got me worried to death and I've not even collected mine yet.

Gotti

First Name
Gotti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Thats really sad. Its got me scared as my drive is quite narrow and ill be parking it in there when it arrives next week :(

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is clearly driver error, not an issue of parking outside, parking on a hill, or anything else. I'd be interested in whether the driver was under the influence of anything.

On a separate note, It's amazing to me that anyone caught this on video. I hope they share it with the police and insurance company since who knows what story the driver may tell.

I feel really bad for the owner of course, but sh*t happens. Once my brother-in-law had a bit too much to drink. He drove home carefully and parked the car in the garage. However, he was so out of it that he fell asleep in the car. When he woke up 4 hours later it was still dark and he didn't know where he was. He started the car, put it in drive, and without thinking drove the car through the back of the garage and into a boat that was stored behind the garage :rolleyes:
Sponsored