Another silly question...Is there an indication when the Ionizer is on?

Mikegrr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sl550, corvette c7
Country flag
Is there an indication when the Ionizer is on? I assigned it to a button but I can't tell if it's engaged or not. I don't see any thing change on either display.
I'm not sure if you can even tell the difference or what it does exactly... but it's an option and I'm going to use it!
Sponsored

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
If you look at the central display on the right margin below the LTE/4g and phone status, an icon showing air blowing with a tiny ION sign is shown when ionizer is on.

offplan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S , bicycle , my own feet
Country flag
If you look at the central display on the right margin below the LTE/4g and phone status, an icon showing air blowing with a tiny ION sign is shown when ionizer is on.
Can someone confirm if this icon still appears after the uPdate in the center console when it’s active? Mines disappeared

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Can someone confirm if this icon still appears after the uPdate in the center console when it’s active? Mines disappeared
Perhaps the update disabled the ionizer by accident? I remember Tesla update once which partially disabled heated seats on executive seats (only the back would heat, but not the seat), didn't come back till a couple of updates later (Tesla does update significantly more often than Porsche and completely OTA).

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I'm not sure if you can even tell the difference or what it does exactly... but it's an option and I'm going to use it!
You don't notice it usually in everyday driving - but If it's switched on and you pick up an attractive girl in the passenger seat, their libido goes through the roof and they have an overwhelming desire to strip off and have sex.

I didn't spec it, as that happens to me anyway*

*absolute lie 🤣

offplan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S , bicycle , my own feet
Country flag
Did you switch it back on in the PCM?
My question was more about after activation on the pcm display but missing the small icon on the small column

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My question was more about after activation on the pcm display but missing the small icon on the small column
Ok just checking. So if enabled then you should see the ioniser icon in the notification area alongside privacy mode, LTE signal etc.

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
You don't notice it usually in everyday driving - but If it's switched on and you pick up an attractive girl in the passenger seat, their libido goes through the roof and they have an overwhelming desire to strip off and have sex.

I didn't spec it, as that happens to me anyway*

*absolute lie 🤣
Another downside to spec'ing a panoramic roof?

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Today while driving to work I noticed a really bad smell coming from outside which prompted me to peer over at the PCM to check whether the ionizer was somehow disabled during the big PCM software update. I did not see the usual ionizer icon on the screen and then went into the settings only to find that the ionizer was allegedly on. I flipped it on and off a few times but no more icon. It is probably in my head, but I think that the PCM update messed with the ionizer. How can a person determine whether an ionizer is actually turned on and operating (other than by following FishFingers' advice)?

jrmuppet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Volvo XC60
Country flag
It is ‘on’ in the settings for me too but no icon and I have been getting from outside bad smells that I had never noticed before the update.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
It is ‘on’ in the settings for me too but no icon and I have been getting from outside bad smells that I had never noticed before the update.
Have you checked that you've not stepped in something doggy?
Sponsored