Njsimons13

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (on order), Taycan 4s, Q8, SQ5
Country flag
I placed my GTS order only 2.5 weeks later and not only was I told I'm going to be pushed into a 2023 MY, my salesman can't even tell me what my build date is or when I'll get my car other than "it's definitely looking like end of the year."
Was there any open slots when you placed the order or you were placed in a waiting list?
Sponsored

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Was there any open slots when you placed the order or you were placed in a waiting list?
I wasn't told about any open slots if there were any. They just took the deposit and order and said they'll let me know when my freeze date and build date become known. It's been almost 3 months now (will be 3 months on the 9th of July) and no news on a possible build date.

I'm even dealing with the largest Porsche dealer in all of Canada (fwiw). You'd think they'd have some clout or pull here.

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Congratulations @X-ray ! Very nice indeed. I too am a March GTS order - however radio silence on my order so far.

Njsimons13

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (on order), Taycan 4s, Q8, SQ5
Country flag
I wasn't told about any open slots if there were any. They just took the deposit and order and said they'll let me know when my freeze date and build date become known. It's been almost 3 months now (will be 3 months on the 9th of July) and no news on a possible build date.

I'm even dealing with the largest Porsche dealer in all of Canada (fwiw). You'd think they'd have some clout or pull here.
I would definitely reach out to find out what number you’re on the list If it does matter to you. The one thing i always check before putting in order is if there’s an open slot for the order or what number am i on the list if they’re no open slots So i can have some idea with what I’m dealing with. Good luck though hope its sooner than later.

AGDunc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Sprinter 4x4 Camper
Country flag
Looks awesome. Congratulations. I have a Carmine Red GTS incoming and I opted for the black leather interior but your pictures have me reconsidering ... 🤔

OP
OP
X-ray

X-ray

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Tesla Model Y LR, Mercedes GLS580
Country flag
Damn! That makes 3 of us now with a GTS sedan chalk on Bordeaux red. Seems like a popular combat and looks very good!
it’s obvious that the three of us are people of impeccable taste and class ;)

I was going to go Volcano gray and red but the person who ordered before me did that configuration and I didn’t t want to be samesy with them. I also think that lighter colors show the lines of the car better. Very happy with my choice.
X

Bresdo1962

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
So here is the question. Now that inflation is up and car sales are down. When I go in to finalize my deal should I ask for a 5% discount? That is what I got when I bought my Macan 2020 Turbo.

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
So here is the question. Now that inflation is up and car sales are down. When I go in to finalize my deal should I ask for a 5% discount? That is what I got when I bought my Macan 2020 Turbo.
I sure hope you have a dealer that you're good friends with. Even still, trying to put them over a barrel like that certainly doesn't give them much incentive to sell to you in the future if they have to worry about you asking for a discount after you'd already agreed on a price.

Bresdo1962

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I sure hope you have a dealer that you're good friends with. Even still, trying to put them over a barrel like that certainly doesn't give them much incentive to sell to you in the future if they have to worry about you asking for a discount after you'd already agreed on a price.
I never agreed on a price, they had their own build that was coming in and I put down a deposit to have first chance at it when it arrives.

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I would definitely reach out to find out what number you’re on the list If it does matter to you. The one thing i always check before putting in order is if there’s an open slot for the order or what number am i on the list if they’re no open slots So i can have some idea with what I’m dealing with. Good luck though hope its sooner than later.
So I took your advice and asked my salesman where I'm at on the list. I called him after he had left work so he's going to let me know tomorrow.

He told me that there was an allocation for a GTS that another client wanted to delay as they weren't expecting the car so soon so he asked if they could give me that allocation but apparently the manager said others have been waiting longer so they had to give it to someone else.

The interesting thing he also told me was that Porsche doesn't build the vehicles based on the order in which the orders were placed. He said they pick and choose, and that big builds ($$$) always get prioritized. My order wasn't that big on options so I am likely not to get picked as a priority build for them. :crying:

Avantgarde

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Taycan RWD PB+, 21' X5 Xdrive45e, 09' Cayman
Country flag
Xpel PPF over entire front end
Xpel Ceramic tint 20% all around
Cquartz UK 3.0 ceramic coat entire car and wheels
Very nice color combo but why would you ruin that beautiful interior with that aftermarket phone holder?

OP
OP
X-ray

X-ray

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Tesla Model Y LR, Mercedes GLS580
Country flag
Very nice color combo but why would you ruin that beautiful interior with that aftermarket phone holder?
Because putting my phone in the center console is a pain in the butt, the phone gets super hot and I can’t use the screen if I want to run something separate on my phone (like Waze while running the PCM navigation because you are headed to a charger and want the battery preheated). The holder is very secure, allows me easy access to the phone and doesn’t harm the interior.

Seems like a win win to me. Haven’t seen any other good phone holder options.

X
Sponsored