Any Etron/Etron sportback owners on here?

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hey people

I have bought my son's mother an Etron Sportback and have a few questions. I joined the etron forum but the quality of info is not quite like this forum.....

Anyone on here who can help

thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
Taycanturbolondon

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I bought my wife the regular Etron a couple months ago.

974C3E78-5A6E-4CD9-B3C8-3B7C15618A1E.jpeg
nice. We have the 55 Sportback launch edition

Driving in central london, the range seems to be about 160 miles......seems seriously low

the car doesnt creep forward, is there a setting for this?

Also can you get media and nav data on the virtual cockpit at the same time?

Has anyone managed to add an extra user to their myAudi account?

On the navigation is there a setting to show which lane is best to be in?

Thanks

SCSEV

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Taycan 4S, Audi e-tron, Chrysler Town&Country
Country flag

Driving in central london, the range seems to be about 160 miles......seems seriously low

Thanks
The real range does seem to be 180-200 depending on temp and driving characteristics. I believe her car will creep forward and there is a way to adjust the regen n the settings. Not sure about the virtual cockpit question. I just use my wife’s user name and password in my app on my phone without any issues. I don’t believe the navigation on the car gives that info. We can always use Waze through the apple CarPlay for real time highway conditions.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag

Thanks
We have a 2019 e-Tron Prestige edition. The car does not creep like the Taycan does and if there is a setting to change this I've never come across it.

RickDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag

Thanks
Yep the efficiency is so low that in US sales are very low, even with excellent deals. Hard to compete with other brand.

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
Yep the efficiency is so low that in US sales are very low, even with excellent deals. Hard to compete with other brand.
What the E-tron lacks efficiency it makes up for in charging. Even though the range is less than our 2018 Tesla Model X 100D, it is faster on a road trip. Charging at 150kw all the way to 80% is a huge advantage. It allows you to access more of the usable battery capacity. Compare this to our Tesla which slows way down after 60%.

Keep in mind the indicated range is based on your most recently driving style. If you are doing a lot of city driving while running the HVAC the range will drop a lot. Jump on the highway for a road trip and it will quickly climb back up. Also if you select a destination in the navigation it will provide a fairly accurate estimate of the charge remaining at the destination. This is the most accurate way of predicting range.

Overall we've been really pleased with our E-tron. Arguably the quietest and most comfortable car we've ever owned.

Moto_Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Sport Tourismo (waiting on allotment)
Country flag
I’ve been kicking around purchasing a 22” E-tron to use while I wait for my ST GTS. I am thinking I’ve got a year wait and the e-tron would be a nice introduction to EVs. Also considered a Polestar 2, but they don’t have a service area within 150 miles and I don’t want to risk it.

The local dealer has a premium plus model in stock. I would imagine that I’d need to pay full MSRP as no one can seem to keep any EV in stock around me.

I plan to trade my Lexus RX 350 in and would guess that the e-tron is similar in size. Thoughts?

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
I’ve been kicking around purchasing a 22” E-tron to use while I wait for my ST GTS. I am thinking I’ve got a year wait and the e-tron would be a nice introduction to EVs. Also considered a Polestar 2, but they don’t have a service area within 150 miles and I don’t want to risk it.

The local dealer has a premium plus model in stock. I would imagine that I’d need to pay full MSRP as no one can seem to keep any EV in stock around me.

I plan to trade my Lexus RX 350 in and would guess that the e-tron is similar in size. Thoughts?
We've owned our 2019 E-tron Prestige model for over 2 years now. It's my wife's car but I also drive it quite a bit. While not a Taycan with respect to chassis dynamics and performance it is still fun to drive as well as being very comfortable with plenty of room and amenities. Fit and finish is excellent, the interior is first class and the car has been trouble free.

The E-tron has been faulted for its relative lack of range although ours was recently updated with software that apparently unlocks additional battery capacity which I'm sure the 2022 models must come with as standard. With the upgrade and moderate driving we can quite easily get 225 miles. Honestly, we have never found range to be an issue and the few times we've used public facilities the car charges quickly. Range concerns are obviously greatly dependent on your travel requirements. In our case, it's a non-issue.

I don't know your full situation so I won't comment on whether buying an E-tron at MSRP to use for a year is a good idea or not. I can only offer that we like ours a lot.

Moto_Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I appreciate the feedback. Most likely not a good idea to make a change from ICE to placeholder EV for just a year. Financially, it’s a no win, but it would be fun.

Unibrowser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3M (Taycan CT4 ordered)
Country flag
I appreciate the feedback. Most likely not a good idea to make a change from ICE to placeholder EV for just a year. Financially, it’s a no win, but it would be fun.
I see that you are in the US so just want to mention that (depending on your tax situation) the E-Tron qualifies for $7,500 EV federal tax credit. Additionally, many states offer a sales tax credit on your new car when trading-in a vehicle.

In other words, the trade-in sales tax credit could make the sales tax on the E-Tron a wash (definitely as you move to the Taycan) and the $7,500 EV federal tax credit could help offset depreciation.

I know someone who has purchased a “while I wait for my Taycan” E-Tron GT, thus familiar with it.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag

If you can afford, go for it. Prices are quite stable for EVs and you have a chance to gain some experience for ordering the right options for your Taycan...

Moto_Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The tax credit is motivating me for sure and I also feel it would balance out the depreciation. My GTS will likely get pushed to 23’, which means I’d be able to grab that credit a second time.

Moto_Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The e-trim is in the garage as we speak. It’s charging on 110 as I’ve not had an electrician able to come out and install a level 2 outlet yet.

I have noticed a few glitches in the infotainment system when using car play etc, but not too much to worry about. The car is super comfortable and well put together.

Finding charging stations that work has been a pain in the tail so far though. Two EV Go stations and no luck today. Drove out to a EA supercharger and found that the Etron only charged at 40 kw on the 350 (only noticed after some crap food at the Applebees nearby). I switched chargers to a 150 unit and that did the trick. I was upset that I burned roughly 30-35 miles heading to and from those chargers and wasted a boatload of my day. This won’t be an issue once my level 2 is installed.

Swede-ish

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Land Rover Defender 110, BMW 530e
Country flag
If you can - sell it! We had a 2022 E-tron sportback (quite beautiful in and out) for two weeks before we asked the dealer to buy it back. Horrible app performance - no charging available, and unresponsive dealer service. They even told us - you got an Audi, what do you expect?...... enough said. Get a BMW or Porsche - we did!
Sponsored