Any Etron/Etron sportback owners on here?

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
The e-trim is in the garage as we speak. It’s charging on 110 as I’ve not had an electrician able to come out and install a level 2 outlet yet.

I have noticed a few glitches in the infotainment system when using car play etc, but not too much to worry about. The car is super comfortable and well put together.

Finding charging stations that work has been a pain in the tail so far though. Two EV Go stations and no luck today. Drove out to a EA supercharger and found that the Etron only charged at 40 kw on the 350 (only noticed after some crap food at the Applebees nearby). I switched chargers to a 150 unit and that did the trick. I was upset that I burned roughly 30-35 miles heading to and from those chargers and wasted a boatload of my day. This won’t be an issue once my level 2 is installed.
The chargers are the problem. Not the car. I ran an Etron side by side a Taycan for 18 months. The ETRON has NEVER been back to the dealer in 2 years. Taycan 6 times.
Apps BOTH shit. Porsche and Audi server often fail to connect to the car.
Obviously I have seen my Audi dealer less than my Porsche dealer but my experience has been good service from both.
Sponsored

Moto_Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Sport Tourismo (waiting on allotment)
Country flag
The chargers are the problem. Not the car. I ran an Etron side by side a Taycan for 18 months. The ETRON has NEVER been back to the dealer in 2 years. Taycan 6 times.
Apps BOTH shit. Porsche and Audi server often fail to connect to the car.
Obviously I have seen my Audi dealer less than my Porsche dealer but my experience has been good service from both.
I gained 10% charge overnight with a standard wall outlet and will start to plug in when I get home from errands as well. That will really extend the interval between visits to a DC charger. I can’t wait to have my level 2 installed as that will totally eliminate those visits.
Tonight I am taking my wife out for her first ride in it. I think she may like it enough to let her diesel e-class go when my GTS ST arrives.

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
I gained 10% charge overnight with a standard wall outlet and will start to plug in when I get home from errands as well. That will really extend the interval between visits to a DC charger. I can’t wait to have my level 2 installed as that will totally eliminate those visits.
Tonight I am taking my wife out for her first ride in it. I think she may like it enough to let her diesel e-class go when my GTS ST arrives.
A 50a 220v service at home makes all the difference in the world, and you'll need it anyhow when your Porsche arrives (if it ever does...we're waiting also for Porsche to figure out how to build a car for us). We've not had to charge our e-tron away from home since the initial 600 mile road trip I drove it home from the dealer.

Also our app experience has been flawless after the initial 2-week delay adding my wife to the app.

Moto_Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A 50a 220v service at home makes all the difference in the world, and you'll need it anyhow when your Porsche arrives (if it ever does...we're waiting also for Porsche to figure out how to build a car for us). We've not had to charge our e-tron away from home since the initial 600 mile road trip I drove it home from the dealer.

Also our app experience has been flawless after the initial 2-week delay adding my wife to the app.
I’ve not had to charge outside the garage since I started plugging in regularly. It’ll be perfect once an electrician can put in level II!
I really haven’t seen much to do in the app so far, but primarily See what my charging status is.
Had an interesting moment this morning at a traffic light. I had noticed a message pop up on my screen that some of the driver assistance features would be inoperable…. I assumed it was due to the fact I’d just washed the car and subs some water had covered a camera or something. When the light turned, I hit the accelerator and nothing happened. I missed a light cycle trying to turn the car on. Lucky no one was behind me.

QueenBean

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Polestar 2, Rubicon 4xe, F-Pace
Country flag
I’ve been kicking around purchasing a 22” E-tron to use while I wait for my ST GTS. I am thinking I’ve got a year wait and the e-tron would be a nice introduction to EVs. Also considered a Polestar 2, but they don’t have a service area within 150 miles and I don’t want to risk it.

The local dealer has a premium plus model in stock. I would imagine that I’d need to pay full MSRP as no one can seem to keep any EV in stock around me.

I plan to trade my Lexus RX 350 in and would guess that the e-tron is similar in size. Thoughts?
Try contacting the nearest Polestar dealership as they may come pick-up the car for service and deliver you a loaner. I think some might also use Volvo Service. We purchased our Polestar 2 through Polestar Princeton, NJ which is essentially just a Volvo Dealership/Service Department.

User Interface and driving dynamics are definitely superior on the Polestar 2 compared to the E-Tron IMHO. Recommend getting all available packs (Plus, Pilot, Performance) and the Nappa Leather ventilated seats. The Öhlins suspension is a game changer.

timc3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo, BMW 330e
Country flag
Not an owner, but I test drove an etron ( can’t remember the exact model or spec) but wasn’t impressed. Dealers seemed very full of themselves, the actual car was as boring as I expected it to be, nothing really good to say about it at all.

Out of the similar electric cars I drove back to back the Kia EV6 and Polestar felt better in every way - unless for some weird reason you happen to like Audi

Moto_Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I liked the drive of the polestar, but it isn’t in the same class as the Audi for quality or ride. The Audi isn’t a race car to be certain, but it’s smooth as butter and super comfortable. I just turned over 1,000 miles and am pleased with it while I wait for my ST GTS.

I like the look of the polestar the best of the three.

Schn3ll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera e-hybrid, 2018 Carrera T, 2012 Volt
Country flag
I’ll echo sentiments already posted. Drove an etron S and the range was laughable (salesman said it was fully charged and showed 205mi range). Car is comfortable, for some reason my dealership only specs the comfort seats so they look a bit out of place with the sporty exterior. But at $97k ask for the car I drove, I just wasn’t worth it to me. It’s a $70k car in my opinion.

Moto_Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ll echo sentiments already posted. Drove an etron S and the range was laughable (salesman said it was fully charged and showed 205mi range). Car is comfortable, for some reason my dealership only specs the comfort seats so they look a bit out of place with the sporty exterior. But at $97k ask for the car I drove, I just wasn’t worth it to me. It’s a $70k car in my opinion.
I was out the door at $82k. If Polestar would’ve had a service center within 150 miles of me (major city!), I would’ve been driving one in early March. Several local owners I know have had problems and that is not what I want.

Schn3ll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera e-hybrid, 2018 Carrera T, 2012 Volt
Country flag
$82k is much more reasonable and the tax credit gets you down to mid-70's.

I am on the list for a Polestar 2 BST 270 (who knows if I get a call for one) but I do have a service center within 150 miles of me and have a friend in San Diego that loves his and it has me thinking of pulling the trigger on one. Part of me just wonders if it's a rolling China/Google spy on the owners mobile :giggle: only slightly joking. I've been to China many times for work to know enough that privacy does not exist and they will take without asking.

most_vexing_parse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e-tron, Porsche Taycan GTS, Macan Turbo (order)
Country flag
Hey people

I have bought my son's mother an Etron Sportback and have a few questions. I joined the etron forum but the quality of info is not quite like this forum.....

Anyone on here who can help

thanks
My wife’s daily/the family SUV is a 2022 e-tron (Chronos). We are nearing 4500 miles on it, since January, so decent experience with it now in varying conditions. We are incredibly happy with it.

I agree with you that the e-tron forum is disappointing, nowhere nearly as active a community as we have here. I’m happy to answer any questions you have. Ask away!
Sponsored