misterfring

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne
Country flag
With my car ostensibly arriving in 6 weeks, I just ordered my ChargePoint for my garage. I got a Qmerit “quote” through their website, which just involves a survey about the location you want to install and general info about your dwelling, and it came to $700.

my installation should be relatively simple as I want the 14-50 outlet installed less than 5 feet from my box. $700 seems steep, although I understand that’s an unscientific estimate.

my normal electician is charging $100 just to come out and provide an estimate, which also feels wild and not a good sign that I’ll get a reasonable quote from him.

anyone have any experience with q merit? The only thing I can think of paying what appears to be a premium for is that i assume they will hang unit as well, which would save me the hassle. Otherwise, it seems very high.
Sponsored

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
It cost me around $500. That seems to be the going rate in NJ

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
Also in NJ (Bergen County). Cost me $850 but had a long conduit run from basement up into the garage. Electrician also hung the PMCC and Porsche charging dock for me. Very happy with the outcome. I used an electrician that came through a personal reference. I too tried to get an estimate through QMerit and it took them two weeks before I started getting quotes from electricians responding to the QMerit application. The job was long done when they started coming in. My advice is if you know someone who has an EV and they are happy with their electrician go the word of mouth route.

Porsche Taycan Any Experience With QMerit Installers? 582ED1B0-C312-4655-9BFE-2AF1F05B9E60

Porsche Taycan Any Experience With QMerit Installers? 55FBDA4C-57C2-4820-A5DF-22EC18CAEC83

Porsche Taycan Any Experience With QMerit Installers? 803E8BDE-8CDF-4228-8430-717B5205404D

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
My car is on order arriving in January. Excited to get the ball rolling, contacted an electrician. Quote was $870 to put in a 240V plug outlet and a breaker directly in front of electrical panel. Includes building permit and associated paperwork. This seemed ridiculous to me. The developer (new construction) already had the wiring in the garage wall, just needed the outlet and breaker.
Called my handyman buddy. He did it for $175. I handed the building permit application myself, which the electrician said would be $400. Very simple application with the city, electrical load diagram, and hand drawn map and schematic. $119 myself for the permit. Bought a 40 Amp Wallbox Pulsar Plus. Couldn't be happier and can't wait!

Porsche Taycan Any Experience With QMerit Installers? 20210923_194514

Porsche Taycan Any Experience With QMerit Installers? 20210915_171932

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I got my electrician approved with Qmerit because my I-Pace was paying $1500 towards installation so I wanted him to get that money.

It's a service that partners with OEMs to provide installers.
They need the electricians to be licensed and answer a few questions.
The electrician sets up what areas they will service. Once you ask for a quote, you get a response from 3 different electricians which are all expensive.

It's just a referral service
Sponsored