Any hopes for prior Taycan's for significant upgrade?

unbiased

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Country flag
Do you guys think we will get any significant upgrades after the announcement? I highly doubt it, no announcement was made that anything will trickle down to us. I was hoping for at least a higher net battery upgrade but doubt that will happen. PCM upgrade likely not coming, efficiency improvement or power upgrades a pipe dream as well.
Sponsored

Irv09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020; Panamera GTS; 911
Country flag
Using Porsche's prior history, I do not think we will see an upgrade for the prior 2025 models. The upgrade to the 2020 model cars was very atypical for Porsche in that one is usually locked with the PCM OS version at the time of purchase. I would love to see a change in IT philosophy making the car a platform where OTA updates bring more functionality to the car. I think the best hope for that type of expansion in functionality will be from Apple Car Play. I wonder how the new 2025 Car along with the new Macan will impact values of the 2020-2023 Taycans.

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Both 2023 and 2024 Taycan are supposed to get a software upgrade. Looking forward to learning the details. Hopefully that includes features such as the new Garage Pilot which is part of the 2025 Remote ParkAssist option, etc.

tonyyang0420

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Both 2023 and 2024 Taycan are supposed to get a software upgrade. Looking forward to learning the details. Hopefully that includes features such as the new Garage Pilot which is part of the 2025 Remote ParkAssist option, etc.
you mind me asking the source of this? and only 23 & 24 models?

OP
OP

unbiased

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Country flag
I was thinking the same thing.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Wonder if this capability can be software updated in prior model years - maybe part of above speculated update?

Porsche Taycan Any hopes for prior Taycan's for significant upgrade? Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 1.20.54 PM

Porsche Taycan Any hopes for prior Taycan's for significant upgrade? Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 1.38.39 PM

Last edited:

UKPerson

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A8, MG 4, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Not sure if this will be of interest and slightly off topic but apparently you can watch Netflix and YouTube in your Taycan:

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Wonder if this capability can be software updated in prior model years - maybe part of above speculated update?

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 1.20.54 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 1.38.39 PM.png
The passenger screen is different in the new one, with a privacy feature (effectively) to stop the driver seeing it. So an official upgrade to include it won't happen.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
The passenger screen is different in the new one, with a privacy feature (effectively) to stop the driver seeing it. So an official upgrade to include it won't happen.
I’m not sure if Porsche knows I can drive like this…

Porsche Taycan Any hopes for prior Taycan's for significant upgrade? IMG_8126

eisenb11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Heck, I'm still trying to get Porsche to figure out why I can't add ALK to by car via FoD and that's a supported upgrade! The thing doesn't even show up as a purchasable option for me (yes, I have the requisite ACC already).

ohniner

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan
Country flag
Do you guys think we will get any significant upgrades after the announcement? I highly doubt it, no announcement was made that anything will trickle down to us. I was hoping for at least a higher net battery upgrade but doubt that will happen. PCM upgrade likely not coming, efficiency improvement or power upgrades a pipe dream as well.
While Porsche touts the significant improvements in many areas, especially range, of their 2025 model, all previous buyers are left swinging in the breeze. Our cars are spending way too much time in the service department with many issues in all model years. From failing (leaking) main batteries to now cabin heaters that stop working. Replacements heaters are the same as just failed so they fail again. Now its April before a proper replacement becomes available. How about a brake system that feels less like a Porsche and more like my 1995 chevy truck. Lastly our values are tanking as more owners take the financial loss and walk away from their Taycans so cars are stacking up on dealer lots.
Will it take another "dieselgate" or will Porsche make necessary repairs and upgrades as tesla does before telling us how wonderful their 2025 Taycans will be.
Sponsored