Any hopes for prior Taycan's for significant upgrade?

OP
OP

unbiased

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Country flag
Doesn’t look like the new taycan has the updated HUD like to Macan.
Sponsored

violuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 RWD
Country flag
Our cars are spending way too much time in the service department with many issues in all model years.
I have no idea whether this is, statistically speaking, an accurate assessment of the situation, but I sympathize with the frustration you seem to have been experiencing with yours, because that's the only data point that matters to you.

Lastly our values are tanking as more owners take the financial loss and walk away from their Taycans so cars are stacking up on dealer lots.
If everything in the world had an objective value, commerce would crawl to a complete stop. I guess if you are actively looking to sell, this would be important, but if you aren't, isn't the only evaluation of how much the car is worth how much it's worth to you? And if that's the case, then you are in sole control over that number. It doesn't matter one iota what anybody else is doing.

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Upgrading all previous models would be great for us , but a horrible business move for Porsche

tonyyang0420

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Upgrading all previous models would be great for us , but a horrible business move for Porsche
keeping second-hand prices stable is super crucial for any high-end products. if Porsche could implement some of the updates and give us a few percentage bumps in range it would keep the existing owners happy and the second hand prices afloat for the first generation taycan. they sold over 150,000 units of the first gen taycan it's not a small amount of cars on the market.

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
keeping second-hand prices stable is super crucial for any high-end products. if Porsche could implement some of the updates and give us a few percentage bumps in range it would keep the existing owners happy and the second hand prices afloat for the first generation taycan. they sold over 150,000 units of the first gen taycan it's not a small amount of cars on the market.
I agree, they should throw us a few crumbs

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
I agree, they should throw us a few crumbs
There's certainly precedent, with Nissan offering performance updates to past GTRs. I don't know, though, if this has ever been a Porsche practice.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
PCM hardware is unchanged due to long compliance cycle. That is why HUD is unchanged.
This also means that the PCM is compatible with new the updates in the Refresh.
What they decide to give us is a different story.

I am hoping for:
Left tube HV battery tile
Driver Assist in the Middle tube
Different styles for the Power Meter
Route Planning 3x faster for computing offset to the cloud
CarPlay improvements although I am not a user

This is the way Assistance systems should be displayed to start with - in the middle:

Porsche Taycan Any hopes for prior Taycan's for significant upgrade? 1707349727761

This tile we absolutely should get:

Porsche Taycan Any hopes for prior Taycan's for significant upgrade? 1707349833177

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Do you guys think we will get any significant upgrades after the announcement? I highly doubt it, no announcement was made that anything will trickle down to us. I was hoping for at least a higher net battery upgrade but doubt that will happen. PCM upgrade likely not coming, efficiency improvement or power upgrades a pipe dream as well.
I expect the user interface to keep pace with the Gen 2…primarily because it’s usually too costly for an OEM to maintain multiple versions. Other than that, I don’t expect to see the vast majority of the gen 2 benefits. It is possible that they could give us more of the battery’s reserves but that would require testing to validate….which is costly. Not sure they have enough incentive to take that on.

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
That "maximum charge rate" indicator would be nice to have, but it probably wouldn't be good for my health. It would piss me off even more while I was sitting and waiting for Chevy Bolts to vacate the 350 Kw dispensers.

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
I just paged through the 2025 technical presentation and have to say, the updated IC displays would be nice but what I really want is a factory retrofit option to add the P2P button.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
That "maximum charge rate" indicator would be nice to have, but it probably wouldn't be good for my health. It would piss me off even more while I was sitting and waiting for Chevy Bolts to vacate the 350 Kw dispensers.
.. and watching your potential max charging rate drop. Are you sure you’d want that feature? 😁

KeKeSeB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT, Carrera 3.2
Country flag
A Porsche app within the system is now capable of adjusting the vehicle's climate control or changing the radio station without exiting CarPlay, which removes some friction from the old experience. Good news for existing Taycan owners: the new capability is coming to 2023 and 2024 Taycans as an OTA update.
Porsche's UI is clean and presented in a high-contrast appearance [...] but the system's processor shows its age. Swiping and poking around the Taycan's infotainment doesn't feel as snappy or responsive as you'd experience with a new smartphone. Riedlinger explained Porsche only changes the hardware with a new generation, not a midcycle refresh, because the automaker's rigorous durability testing takes too long.
https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2025-porsche-taycan-interior-review/

Last edited:

eduardomattos

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Why horrible business move ? I would argue the opposite. That's one of the main things that there are so many Tesla fans ... continuous upgrades and new features with no additional charge.

eduardomattos

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I expect the user interface to keep pace with the Gen 2…primarily because it’s usually too costly for an OEM to maintain multiple versions. Other than that, I don’t expect to see the vast majority of the gen 2 benefits. It is possible that they could give us more of the battery’s reserves but that would require testing to validate….which is costly. Not sure they have enough incentive to take that on.
Looks like PCM hardware is the same, so an updated is totally feasible

"Porsche's UI is clean and presented in a high-contrast appearance (Riedlinger said there's too much color in Mercedes-Benz's MBUX software, for example) but the system's processor shows its age. Swiping and poking around the Taycan's infotainment doesn't feel as snappy or responsive as you'd experience with a new smartphone. Riedlinger explained Porsche only changes the hardware with a new generation, not a midcycle refresh, because the automaker's rigorous durability testing takes too long."

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Looks like PCM hardware is the same, so an updated is totally feasible

"Porsche's UI is clean and presented in a high-contrast appearance (Riedlinger said there's too much color in Mercedes-Benz's MBUX software, for example) but the system's processor shows its age. Swiping and poking around the Taycan's infotainment doesn't feel as snappy or responsive as you'd experience with a new smartphone. Riedlinger explained Porsche only changes the hardware with a new generation, not a midcycle refresh, because the automaker's rigorous durability testing takes too long."
So what rigour did Riedlinger apply to the current Taycan (any part of if), oh don't tell me, diddly squat!?
Sponsored