Any Maryland members here?

Kbmore22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, BMW 335i, Lexus LX570
Country flag
I’ve had my car for a week and am wondering if there are any active forum members from MD here. I’ve seen a white one a couple times on the road near where I live in Harford County. My car is a Carmine Red Turbo S.
Sponsored

tfurbay

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, BMW X5
Country flag
I’ve had my car for a week and am wondering if there are any active forum members from MD here. I’ve seen a white one a couple times on the road near where I live in Harford County. My car is a Carmine Red Turbo S.
Might have been me if you were on the beltway!

OP
OP
Kbmore22

Kbmore22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry, it wasn’t on the DC beltway but next time I’m down that way I’ll keep an eye out! 🙃

So where do you take your car for service? There are a few dealers in MD so I’m wondering which ones are good or ones to avoid. I’m new to the Porsche brand so don’t have experience with any dealers.

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
So where do you take your car for service?
2022 4SCT here. Reisterstown / Sarasota.

I purchased and service my car at Porsche Owings Mills. Convenient, yes, but I also get really good customer service from them. I've been in the brand since 2006 and it's been my favorite service department since learning to drive.

I did give Towson a try a couple of years back but they weren't a fit for me.

OP
OP
Kbmore22

Kbmore22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
2022 4SCT here. Reisterstown / Sarasota.

I purchased and service my car at Porsche Owings Mills. Convenient, yes, but I also get really good customer service from them. I've been in the brand since 2006 and it's been my favorite service department since learning to drive.

I did give Towson a try a couple of years back but they weren't a fit for me.
Thanks for the insight! Towson is a little closer to me but I don’t mind driving a little further.

tfurbay

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, BMW X5
Country flag
I purchased mine from Porsche Silver Spring. Great dealer and some very good people there. Porsche Bethesda happens to be closer to me so i've been going there for service and really like that dealer as well.

OP
OP
Kbmore22

Kbmore22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I purchased mine from Porsche Silver Spring. Great dealer and some very good people there. Porsche Bethesda happens to be closer to me so i've been going there for service and really like that dealer as well.
Good to know there are some good options in the area!

jkjjpc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 BMW X5 40i, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I’m in DC, so close to MD. Purchased 4S from Tysons April 21. Have used them for service. Mostly underwhelmed. They seem to chronically have only one certified Taycan technician. Scheduling an appointment is easy, but meaningless as the car sits on their lot waiting to get into the service bay. As an example, I had an appointment on 8/16 for all the recalls and the big update. Car has not made it into service a week later. I was told I was #6 in line and may get into shop by 8/26. I asked why they didn’t just let me keep the car and call me when they were ready to actually service the car instead of inconveniencing me to be without the car and no loaner. Waiting for an update on where I am in the queue. May go pick up car if still delayed. Next time I will try Bethesda, which is about as close to me.

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
I’m in DC, so close to MD. Purchased 4S from Tysons April 21. Have used them for service. Mostly underwhelmed. They seem to chronically have only one certified Taycan technician. Scheduling an appointment is easy, but meaningless as the car sits on their lot waiting to get into the service bay. As an example, I had an appointment on 8/16 for all the recalls and the big update. Car has not made it into service a week later. I was told I was #6 in line and may get into shop by 8/26. I asked why they didn’t just let me keep the car and call me when they were ready to actually service the car instead of inconveniencing me to be without the car and no loaner. Waiting for an update on where I am in the queue. May go pick up car if still delayed. Next time I will try Bethesda, which is about as close to me.
Their second tech just finished an apprenticeship and one more is going through training. Every experience I've had there has been absolutely stellar except for one time which was remedied quickly. YMMV but they're stepping it up.

OP
OP
Kbmore22

Kbmore22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yikes, that definitely doesn’t make sense. Why schedule the appt if you can’t actually perform the work yet? I have an appt with Porsche Towson next month to do the big software update. Anyone know how long the work should actually take? I was kinda assuming it was just a one day thing.

jkjjpc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 BMW X5 40i, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Their second tech just finished an apprenticeship and one more is going through training. Every experience I've had there has been absolutely stellar except for one time which was remedied quickly. YMMV but they're stepping it up.
Thanks for that insight. My service advisor told me that one of their two qualified Taycan techs had recently left and that created the backlog. The same thing happened to me at Tysons for one of the earlier software updates/recalls that required a service visit. Again, I scheduled an appointment, but when I arrived for the appointment I was told the work would not start for several days since they only had one Taycan tech. In that case they provided a loaner Cayenne. For the current visit they said they had no loaner cars but would pay for Uber to take me home and bring me back when the car was ready. But, a few days before the appointment they called and offered to pick up and redeliver the car to my home on a flatbed truck. I guess paying the towing company their fee is more cost effective than having a fleet of loaner cars in today's tight car market.

I just go an update that the car was probably going to go in the service bay on Thursday (recall my appointment was the prior Tuesday). Unfortunately, given the uncertainty about how long the updates may take, I may need to retrieve my car and reschedule due to planned travel. My main "complaint" about the Tysons service is that there should be a better connection between appointments and their actual ability to perform the service. It makes no sense for the car to be sitting there for over a week when I could have had access to it and take it in when they were truly ready for it. I can understand being off by a day or two since employees may get sick or there may be emergency repairs that come in, but being off by over a week is not good customer service. At the very least they should have warned me of this wait before they picked up my car.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
I'm down in Ellicott City, wife has a CT4. Purchased from Porsche Silver Spring, good group of folks over there.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Yikes, that definitely doesn’t make sense. Why schedule the appt if you can’t actually perform the work yet? I have an appt with Porsche Towson next month to do the big software update. Anyone know how long the work should actually take? I was kinda assuming it was just a one day thing.
depending on model year, older cars take longer since more modules need to be updated. For a 22 it should be a 4-6 hours if no issue.

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
Sorry, just saw this thread. I live in Chevy Chase, MD (right at the DC line), but my dad lives in Havre de Grace, and I am quite frequently blasting through backroads in Harford County. Who knows, you may have seen my car!

Based on reviews I had seen, I’ve been taking my car to Porsche Silver Spring (I actually bought my car in California when I lived there, so it’s a transplant).
Sponsored